Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-31-06, 12:30 PM   #13
OWA

Default Re: Finally got a PS3, thanks LurkerLito!!

Is that not a good blu-ray title or do you just not like the movie? I haven't opened them yet so I'll wait to see what you have to say about it.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 12:39 PM   #14
evilchris

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=753726

I don't have that title, but it's listed as Tier 1. Don't worry about Hunt. Maybe Flatley isn't in it or something.
Old 12-31-06, 12:45 PM   #15
OWA

Thanks for the link. Edit: Wow, that's a great link. Exactly what I needed. Thanks again.
Old 12-31-06, 01:18 PM   #16
Marvel_us
FOOL!

OWA you could've downloaded the NBA07 demo before you bought it. Personally I don't like it so I bought NBA2K7 but it may be different for you. Isn't Into the Blue that movie with Jessica Alba?! I wouldn't mind seeing her in HD If you do decide to return it or buy another movie pickup Kingdom of Heaven. I've seen other people do it from Wiis and PS3s so I guess it's my turn....."I'm typing this from my PS3.....using a wireless kb :P". Okay I'm done now.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 01:26 PM   #17
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Congrats on the purchase. You should of gotten NBA2k7 like Marvel_us said. I think NBA 07 is better than Live 07, but 2k7 is way better than both.

I buy all my cables from monoprice.com, and movies from amazon.com for future reference. Good prices at those sites.

Add me to your buddy list on the PSN, and send me a message if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
. Isn't Into the Blue that movie with Jessica Alba?! I wouldn't mind seeing her in HD
Yup it is.
Old 12-31-06, 01:32 PM   #18
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I also bought a couple of Blu-Ray movies just to see if I notice any difference from my upconverting DVD player. I don't really plan to buy any more HD movies though until someone makes a unit that plays both formats or the format war is over (the main reason I haven't bought the HD player for the X360 yet).
Yeah I use to have an upconverting DVD player and when I switched to HD DVD I for sure noticed the difference. BluRay should also give you a nice picture, superior to the DVD upconverter. I already own 10 HD DVDs and I love them.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 01:50 PM   #19
OWA

Quote:
OWA you could've downloaded the NBA07 demo before you bought it. Personally I don't like it so I bought NBA2K7 but it may be different for you. Isn't Into the Blue that movie with Jessica Alba?! I wouldn't mind seeing her in HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
Congrats on the purchase. You should of gotten NBA2k7 like Marvel_us said. I think NBA 07 is better than Live 07, but 2k7 is way better than both.
Dang, I haven't opened it yet so maybe I'll take it back and get NBA2k7.

Yeah, as Bad_Boy mentioned, Into the Blue has Jessica Alba in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
Yeah I use to have an upconverting DVD player and when I switched to HD DVD I for sure noticed the difference. BluRay should also give you a nice picture, superior to the DVD upconverter. I already own 10 HD DVDs and I love them.
Thanks for the info. I was actually kind of hoping I wouldn't notice much of a difference. I really don't want to get into all of that until things are more settled but if there's a big difference, it'll probably be more tempting.
Old 12-31-06, 01:57 PM   #20
LurkerLito

You'll love HD movies. I have the 360 add on and I can tell you once your eyes get use to it you'll put in your DVDs and go why is the picture so blurry? It's both a good thing and a bad thing .

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-06, 02:01 PM   #21
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Dang, I haven't opened it yet so maybe I'll take it back and get NBA2k7.

Yeah, as Bad_Boy mentioned, Into the Blue has Jessica Alba in it.

Thanks for the info. I was actually kind of hoping I wouldn't notice much of a difference. I really don't want to get into all of that until things are more settled but if there's a big difference, it'll probably be more tempting.
Just remember you can download the NBA07 demo....play that first then make your decision.

Also about the movie comment. Look at it this way, if you buy the titles you like on Blu-Ray it doesn't matter which format wins. You will always have your PS3 for BD playback so you won't really lose out since you bought it for gaming primarily.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 02:17 PM   #22
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Thanks for the link. Edit: Wow, that's a great link. Exactly what I needed. Thanks again.
Here's the sister thread for HD DVD

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=705387
Old 12-31-06, 02:44 PM   #23
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Also about the movie comment. Look at it this way, if you buy the titles you like on Blu-Ray it doesn't matter which format wins. You will always have your PS3 for BD playback so you won't really lose out since you bought it for gaming primarily.
Pretty much the way I think about it. If blu-ray loses, I dont think the titles I paid money for will be wasted since I can always play those and I'll still have a gaming machine in the core of things (instead of spending money on a hd-dvd or blu-ray standalone, without anything being a sure bet right now).

Anyways, CC seems to have a sale on madden and cod3. I already have madden, but I'm thinking about picking up COD3. 45 dollars. Couple that with a 20 dollar gift card I got for xmas, thats a pretty cheap game.

I think Target had a sale on marvel:UA and NFS:C for 40 dollars but I don't see it on the site. Might have to drive by them to see whats up.
Old 12-31-06, 02:45 PM   #24
|MaguS|

I got COD3 for the X360 and im not impressed at all by the game... I don't see how so many people claim it to be so great, graphically its nice but the gameplay is lame.

Marvel:UA rocks!