Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-31-06, 03:07 PM   #25
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: Finally got a PS3, thanks LurkerLito!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I got COD3 for the X360 and im not impressed at all by the game... I don't see how so many people claim it to be so great, graphically its nice but the gameplay is lame.

Marvel:UA rocks!
Thanks. You think COD3 is worth 45 bucks though?
If I can find Marvel still on sale I'll probably pick it up.
Old 12-31-06, 03:12 PM   #26
|MaguS|

$45? I guess... I just don't see it as a better game then COD2 was.
Old 12-31-06, 03:16 PM   #27
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Also about the movie comment. Look at it this way, if you buy the titles you like on Blu-Ray it doesn't matter which format wins. You will always have your PS3 for BD playback so you won't really lose out since you bought it for gaming primarily.

Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
Pretty much the way I think about it. If blu-ray loses, I dont think the titles I paid money for will be wasted since I can always play those and I'll still have a gaming machine in the core of things (instead of spending money on a hd-dvd or blu-ray standalone, without anything being a sure bet right now).
I guess y'all are right. Hadn't really thought of it that way. I guess I'll see how it looks and then decide.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 04:44 PM   #28
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
$45? I guess... I just don't see it as a better game then COD2 was.
I'm not much of a fan of any COD, just thought it was a nice deal and might be worth the discounted price.
I'm more of a brothers in arms person.
Old 12-31-06, 05:34 PM   #29
OWA

I'm setting it up now but I might have hit a snag. My LCD monitor doesn't have a HDMI connection so I bought a HDMI to DVI cable. But, if the PS3 is going to output video and audio through the HDMI, that isn't going to work properly, is it? Can I also use the AV cable to get the sound? Another question, will I be able to play blu-ray titles with this HDMI to DVI cable? I didn't even think about the copy protection stuff. I have the 37" Westinghouse (LVM-37W1) if that helps. If I end up getting a component cable, how will that affect the blu-ray capability?
Old 12-31-06, 05:34 PM   #30
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Hmmm, maybe I'll give Marvel: UA a shot. I'll probably pick it up next week.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 05:40 PM   #31
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I'm setting it up now but I might have hit a snag. My LCD monitor doesn't have a HDMI connection so I bought a HDMI to DVI cable. But, if the PS3 is going to output video and audio through the HDMI, that isn't going to work properly, is it? Can I also use the AV cable to get the sound? Another question, will I be able to play blu-ray titles with this HDMI to DVI cable? I didn't even think about the copy protection stuff. I have the 37" Westinghouse (LVM-37W1) if that helps. If I end up getting a component cable, how will that affect the blu-ray capability?
Does your audio receiver had optical connections? If so you should be able to use the DVI adapter for video and get sound through optical. If not I'm afraid you might need to get component cables.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 12-31-06, 05:41 PM   #32
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
I'm not much of a fan of any COD, just thought it was a nice deal and might be worth the discounted price.
I'm more of a brothers in arms person.
I like COD3 and find the game to be amazing.. Probably the first war game where I really felt the chaos with **** flying everywhere. I actually paused the first battle to get my bearings because it seemed so damn chaotic and intense.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-06, 08:06 PM   #33
MikeC
Administrator

Thumbs up Re: Finally got a PS3, thanks LurkerLito!!

Thanks for the tip about the PS3! DaveC visited our local Best Buy this morning and managed to pick one up. The unit is hooked up to a Samsung 46" Widescreen DLP (1280x720) via HDMI and the output is impressive. I've been watching him play Resistance Fall of Man (720p), which is a showcase title for the PS3. We are certainly looking forward to many of the upcoming PS3 titles!

Here are a few gameplay pics that were taken on a digital camera.

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 08:33 PM   #34
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
Thanks for the tip about the PS3! DaveC visited our local Best Buy this morning and managed to pick one up. The unit is hooked up to a Samsung 46" Widescreen DLP (1280x720) via HDMI and the output is impressive. I've been watching him play Resistance Fall of Man (720p), which is a showcase title for the PS3. We are certainly looking forward to many of the upcoming PS3 titles!
Nice pics MikeC! Resistance is an awesome game.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 12-31-06, 09:32 PM   #35
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
How are you fairing using a controller in Resistance? It does look good.

I finally got my PS3 working correctly just a little while ago. I had it connected to the wrong DVI port on my flat-panel. Now I'm enjoying 1080p without display corruption. I was almost ready to buy a new TV. Geez. Into the Blue/Jessica Alba looks good at 1920x1080.

Ridge Racer 7 looks good and is fun. I'm probably going to take back the NBA 07 since people recommended a different one so Ridge Racer 7 is it for now (although I plan to download some of the demos if they're free).

I got the wireless networking setup now but haven't joined the PSN yet.

Marvel_us, I was able to get audio using the standard AV cable along with the HDMI cable I bought. That was nice.
Old 12-31-06, 09:46 PM   #36
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
How are you fairing using a controller in Resistance? It does look good.

I finally got my PS3 working correctly just a little while ago. I had it connected to the wrong DVI port on my flat-panel. Now I'm enjoying 1080p without display corruption. I was almost ready to buy a new TV. Geez. Into the Blue/Jessica Alba looks good at 1920x1080.

Ridge Racer 7 looks good and is fun. I'm probably going to take back the NBA 07 since people recommended a different one so Ridge Racer 7 is it for now (although I plan to download some of the demos if they're free).

I got the wireless networking setup now but haven't joined the PSN yet.

Marvel_us, I was able to get audio using the standard AV cable along with the HDMI cable I bought. That was nice.
FYI, all demos are free. You only pay for the full game downloads for the arcade games. GT: HD is located in the downloadable game section but you will notice that it is free, so download it.

Question for you, the standard AV cable is the red/white ones that came with the PS3 or are you talking about something else? If so I'm assuming you just set the PS3 to output the sound using those instead of HDMI? I'd like to know how this works because I want to ditch component and use DVI for my TV but I'm worried about how to get sound.

60gb PS3 Owner