Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-02-07, 10:43 PM   #97
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: Finally got a PS3, thanks LurkerLito!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan
That's what I did too.
heh.

Its alright I guess, the camera takes much better pictures, just everything seems off when i take it off a TV. I've seen some pretty nice pictures of TV's before so just trying to emulate the quality I guess. No biggie though.
Old 01-03-07, 12:02 AM   #98
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
If you buy an HDMI cable, this is an excellent one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812186013

Only $10 and it is HDMI-certified as well (i don't believe the ones from monoprice.com are HDMI-certified, for instance). Meaning it will look/sound identical to $100 monster cable, except for $90 less.
All HDMI cables will look/sound identical to a $100 monster cable.

FWIW cables are where everybody makes insane profit. They make jack sh*t on the TV's, DVD players, computers, etc. They make up for that by selling cables. With cables that carry digital signals, there is almost never any difference between any. Even the most expensive cables are extremely cheap to make. Those $100 monster cables have $10 worth of materials in them at the most. I know it costs me about $4 to make component video cables that work better than the monster ones do.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 06:08 AM   #99
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Those $100 monster cables have $10 worth of materials in them at the most.
That's at most, then Monster makes a 200%+ profit in selling them to places such as Best Buy, who then makes 400%+ profit in marking them up to the consumer. Once I have all my HT components picked out later this year, I'll find out exactly what cables I need and order them all online.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 08:24 AM   #100
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
That's at most, then Monster makes a 200%+ profit in selling them to places such as Best Buy, who then makes 400%+ profit in marking them up to the consumer. Once I have all my HT components picked out later this year, I'll find out exactly what cables I need and order them all online.
QFT! I used to work at a CompUSA back in the early 90's and I remember buying a USB cable at cost for about $2 while the store would sell the same cable for about $29.99. The markup on accessories is outrageous!!
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 08:41 AM   #101
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Madden looks pretty good in that pic. I've been wanting to pick that up but haven't had the chance.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 10:21 AM   #102
OWA

Nice pics Bad_Boy. I can't seem to take pics without the flash without them being pretty blurry.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 10:33 AM   #103
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Nice pics Bad_Boy. I can't seem to take pics without the flash without them being pretty blurry.
You need a tripod or something to sit the camera on I think.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 12:19 PM   #104
OWA

Yeah, I think it has to be perfectly still. I've seen some mention using a macro mode or something also. Wasn't sure what that does unless it's just using a timer to take the pic so you can take it without touching it.

Old 01-03-07, 03:10 PM   #105
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
I actually just put it on auto, and turn off the flash. I'm no photographer so I'm not sure what settings to use.
I can't get anywhere close to the quality you're getting. What are your lighting conditions when you're not using the flash? Not that it'll help me, I tried it both ways and neither came out very well (well lit room and with a dimly light room). I also seem to get almost like a moire type pattern that isn't there when just viewing the LCD. I was able to keep it from being so blurry (when not using a flash) by setting the camera on some boxes and then just dealing with the button to take the picture. I guess that was steadier than me trying to hold it and take the pic.
Old 01-03-07, 03:14 PM   #106
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Just pick up either any HDMI cable or a PS2 Component Cable. As for games, Resistence and Ridge Racer 7 are ace. Make sure to get the Motorstorm demo...
I think Motorstorm looks friking awesome. I wouldlove to be able to play this game.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 03:17 PM   #107
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I can't get anywhere close to the quality you're getting. What are your lighting conditions when you're not using the flash? Not that it'll help me, I tried it both ways and neither came out very well (well lit room and with a dimly light room). I also seem to get almost like a moire type pattern that isn't there when just viewing the LCD. I was able to keep it from being so blurry (when not using a flash) by setting the camera on some boxes and then just dealing with the button to take the picture. I guess that was steadier than me trying to hold it and take the pic.
Darker the room the better I suppose, theres a window where my tv is at that doesnt have blinds on (its kind of a semi circle window) it so it beams sunlight right where my tv is so I'll wait till its darker. I can see the tv fine in day time but pictures dont come out right. Pretty much everything else is auto settings, no flash, and no digital zoom. Tripod would be better with a timer to get the blur out like Marvel_us said.

Also if your tv has a "still" function I would try that, it kinda helped me get better pictures. (though on my last pictures you can see the "still" pop up at the bottom). I took some pictures of fight night but they ALL came out blurry, I'll have to retry those with the still function on later.
Old 01-03-07, 04:09 PM   #108
OWA

Well, I like NBA2K7 pretty well so far. It is taking a little getting use to since the controls are different than NBA Live 07 and I'm use to that one. I like the use of the tilt functionality for the free throws but I'm pretty bad at it so far (only hit like 3 of 8 so far).