Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-05-07, 07:30 PM   #13
nrdstrm

Default Re: Vanguard NDA lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Could it be SLi? You have Core 2 also don't you? Game likes faster CPUs more then GPUs... I can turn the settings max and get the same performance as it being at low settings.
Ahh..Yeah that makes sense. I forgot you weren't running a C2D...My bad...

To the others, try it out. Everyone has differing tastes. Magus hates it , I love it As mentioned above though you'll want to have a pretty beefy system to get it to look good!

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 07:33 PM   #14
Sgt_Pitt

the d/l is 7gig, expands to 25

VG isnt that bad, just remember its still in beta, alot of debugging code is still running, and alot of obsolete code will removed for the retail version.
Old 01-05-07, 09:36 PM   #15
slick
Play with conviction.

Aside from the obvious performance issues, the game just isn't fun. Like has been stated, the game has zero direction. It's trying WAY to hard and that is completely ruining it.
Old 01-06-07, 01:02 AM   #16
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm

**EDIT**
@ Magus - As far as performance goes, if your getting in the 20's, 1 of 2 things is going on.
1) Something is TERRIBLY wrong with your system or
2) Your omitting alot of factors.

The only time I drop into the 20's is in towns/cities. I'm getting 50-80FPS in ANY wild area. Khal is the worst by far, where I sometimes even drop to the teens. And yeah, the game is indeed a big resource hog and many players will be turned off by playing on "low" where the graphics look like EQ...
sorry to rain on YOUR parade, but you have an 8800GTX. Like I said, thats minimum requirement for the game. The game runs fine on my 8800GTX. However, I had a freaking 7950GX2 on that game and it ran like crap. 20's and MAYBE 30's. A game that requires an 8800GTX to play is not a good game in my opinion. Thats just ONE issue with the game. There are LOADS more problems than just graphics issues.

Just as some reference. Magus and I probably know more about MMORPG's than just about anyone on this forum(if not EVERYONE, its very close). The game simply is not good. It has nothing to do with if "I like it or not". Its not a good game. It will fail miserably and Sigil will be a company no longer. I guess thats what you get for trying to please both EQ fans and WoW fans. Two completely different style games that should STAY two completely different style games. If they would have chose either route they would have suceeded just by the name "Brad McQuaid". Sadly they wanted to maximize their profits, got greedy, and tried to please EVERYONE. Perfect recipe for failure.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 03:13 AM   #17
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
sorry to rain on YOUR parade, but you have an 8800GTX. Like I said, thats minimum requirement for the game. The game runs fine on my 8800GTX. However, I had a freaking 7950GX2 on that game and it ran like crap. 20's and MAYBE 30's. A game that requires an 8800GTX to play is not a good game in my opinion. Thats just ONE issue with the game. There are LOADS more problems than just graphics issues.

Just as some reference. Magus and I probably know more about MMORPG's than just about anyone on this forum(if not EVERYONE, its very close). The game simply is not good. It has nothing to do with if "I like it or not". Its not a good game. It will fail miserably and Sigil will be a company no longer. I guess thats what you get for trying to please both EQ fans and WoW fans. Two completely different style games that should STAY two completely different style games. If they would have chose either route they would have suceeded just by the name "Brad McQuaid". Sadly they wanted to maximize their profits, got greedy, and tried to please EVERYONE. Perfect recipe for failure.
Err...I won't flame ya cause I like ya , but you didn't see the part where I AGREED with you guys?

Quote:
And yeah, the game is indeed a big resource hog and many players will be turned off by playing on "low" where the graphics look like EQ...
As to game play we will simply have to agree to disagree. I am enjoying myself with the game...Pure and simple. For you to dismiss my opinion because "You and Magus" know the most about MMO's is extremely arrogant. Magus can tell you I'm a HUGE mmo fan (in fact, thats almost all I play), as we attended E3 together 2 years back. I have played most MMO's on the market, and I don't play "casual" style. I play a more "hardcore" style. I work 5 days a week and still play 6 hours a night on weekdays and 12 hour sessions on my days off. I like you, and always have, but I am dismayed at your holier than thou attitude about MMO's...

**EDIT** I will buy and play the game on launch, but it IS launching too early. I appreciated Brad's candor when he was asked "Why" on the forums. It just sucks. They are out of money, and he plain admitted it. I have no doubt that I will still be playing a year down the line, because IMO it is the best MMO out there atm (IMO). I also know that the first six months with be like beta 6, but gradually things will get ironed out. Please don't think I'm some kind of fan boy. I follow a few other MMO's currently in developement, such as STO and SGW. I wish LOTRO looked better to me, but it just doesn't. Age of Conan MIGHT be interesting, but I'm not following it all that closely. I'm not a Warhammer fan, so I probably won't play that one. I am also curious to see what Bioware does the with SWG rights, because I SO wanted THAT game to be my MMO. I was on the SWG forums 4 years before release, and even before the NGE, I thought it was crap...Maybe SWG is to me what Vanguard is to you guys, but I just don't see it...

On Any Given Sunday!

Last edited by nrdstrm; 01-06-07 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-06-07, 03:41 AM   #18
icecold1983

would be sad if the game flopped and they didnt have enough money to patch it up, and the few adopters were just left out in the cold
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 03:44 AM   #19
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983
would be sad if the game flopped and they didnt have enough money to patch it up, and the few adopters were just left out in the cold
True, but I think SOE has the money to front them for the first 6 months to a year, but if it flopps that bad, they may just give up...Though they still havn't given up on SWG...What does that say

On Any Given Sunday!
Old 01-06-07, 09:44 AM   #20
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
**EDIT** I will buy and play the game on launch, but it IS launching too early. I appreciated Brad's candor when he was asked "Why" on the forums. It just sucks. They are out of money, and he plain admitted it. I have no doubt that I will still be playing a year down the line, because IMO it is the best MMO out there atm (IMO). I also know that the first six months with be like beta 6, but gradually things will get ironed out. Please don't think I'm some kind of fan boy. I follow a few other MMO's currently in developement, such as STO and SGW. I wish LOTRO looked better to me, but it just doesn't. Age of Conan MIGHT be interesting, but I'm not following it all that closely. I'm not a Warhammer fan, so I probably won't play that one. I am also curious to see what Bioware does the with SWG rights, because I SO wanted THAT game to be my MMO. I was on the SWG forums 4 years before release, and even before the NGE, I thought it was crap...Maybe SWG is to me what Vanguard is to you guys, but I just don't see it...
Wow Brad actually said that? I will say that Brad McQuaid is probably the best thing to ever happen to MMORPG's. You can tell he pours his heart and soul into what he does. I do respect that.

I do want Vanguard to suceed. You have no earthly idea how bad I want it to suceed. My ENTIRE website and guild were put together soully because we were going to be "THE" guild for Vanguard. So yes, I've had alot of hopes for the game. When I get on to play, I am dreadfully bored. My guild(who again are ALL Brad McQuaid fanboi's) will not even touch the game. I wanted Vanguard to be MY game as well as my guilds. Its been extremely disappointing to see what it has become. Thats just my opinion.

As a sidenote I will say that my comment about me and Magus knowing more about MMORPG's than people of course did not mean everyone. I know there are people who have played them more than me and know a hell of alot more than me. Me and Magus are really the only ones who are outspoken about MMORPG around here. All I really was trying to say was in our VERY large experience of MMORPG's, Vanguard was a huge disappointment. I didn't mean to step on any toes.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-07, 11:45 AM   #21
|MaguS|

I dislike the game but im still going to play it at launch, wont be the first game I disliked and still bought just to see if I can try to like it. I mean I originally purchased many games and ended up loving them after I invested more time into them. I just didn't play Vanguards much in beta because of the horrid performance, I might have a different opinion of it after retail. Kind of how I loved DDO in Beta but in retail it got stale FAST or how I hated L2's beta and love the retail version.
Old 01-06-07, 05:33 PM   #22
ruziel

I heard a comment today from a friend that said people needed to realize that VG will be just another game in the progression of MMO's, and I think that is accurate to a degree. I really doubt we'll be seeing Vanguard Southpark episodes or Vanguard Officespace type advertisements.
ruziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 06:41 PM   #23
Parts

I can say that I was in beta phase 2 and beyond, but the game didnt look good on any res under the highest default and ran VERY poorly, I heard it was because it was un-optimized, but apparently it still runs like a slide show, I made a speedhack easy and ran all over the place, fell through the world a lot, reported many bugs, but then the game stopped running because the other phases wouldnt let me play, pretty sure because I dont have SP2 installed, and for me it wasnt worth installing it for.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 01:32 AM   #24
UDawg
Retired spammer

Played it, didn't like it.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote