Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-07, 11:07 PM   #37
Sgt_Pitt

Default Re: Vanguard NDA lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
That is another thing that pissed me off about this game. It was way to dark all the time. Part of me still really wants to like this game.
theres gamma settings under the video options :P
Old 01-09-07, 12:16 PM   #38
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt
theres gamma settings under the video options :P
Yeah, this was a brilliant post. How about Vangaurd not be so frigging dark so I can enjoy the game with out washing it out by turning the gama up. You should only have to adjust the gamma a bit for a game. 99% of all games I don't have to change the gama. Doesn't matter really because the rest of the game sucks too.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 12:42 PM   #39
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Yeah, this was a brilliant post. How about Vangaurd not be so frigging dark so I can enjoy the game with out washing it out by turning the gama up. You should only have to adjust the gamma a bit for a game. 99% of all games I don't have to change the gama. Doesn't matter really because the rest of the game sucks too.
Funny thing about Vanguard. Its never really light enough to call day, but never really dark enough to call night. The entire time you play Vanguard its either dawn or dusk. Its always "kinda dark". Enough to anoy the hell out of you.

Vanguard = Blu-Ray of MMORPG's
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 01:17 PM   #40
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Funny thing about Vanguard. Its never really light enough to call day, but never really dark enough to call night. The entire time you play Vanguard its either dawn or dusk. Its always "kinda dark". Enough to anoy the hell out of you.

Vanguard = Blu-Ray of MMORPG's
Exactly! I think that is why I didn't like the game. If I could clearly see the mobs and the landscape, maybe it would be different. The play style is fine but the ambience is crap. In WoW night doesn't affect your vision. You know it is dark but don't think about it. I really hope they change a lot of stuff cuz I'd like to play this. Maybe because I am bored with WoW and am just looking for another MMO.

I still can't wait for Warhammer and Conan. Those are my last two hopes. LotRO and Vanguard are a bust.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 02:44 PM   #41
nrdstrm

Quote:
Exactly! I think that is why I didn't like the game. If I could clearly see the mobs and the landscape, maybe it would be different. The play style is fine but the ambience is crap. In WoW night doesn't affect your vision. You know it is dark but don't think about it. I really hope they change a lot of stuff cuz I'd like to play this. Maybe because I am bored with WoW and am just looking for another MMO.

I still can't wait for Warhammer and Conan. Those are my last two hopes. LotRO and Vanguard are a bust.
Umm..When is the last time you guys tested? They have been tweaking day/night brightness over the last 2 phases of beta, and continue to tweak it...I have no problems with that atm..

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 03:32 PM   #42
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Umm..When is the last time you guys tested? They have been tweaking day/night brightness over the last 2 phases of beta, and continue to tweak it...I have no problems with that atm..
If I'm not mistaken, Udawg just tested the game a few days ago.... could be wrong but I'm almost certain its recent.
Old 01-11-07, 12:36 PM   #43
Blacklash
8^9^3

I'll be testing it myself soon. I am too curious to go on the opinions of others and let it pass on by. I probably will have time to play tomorrow.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 01:47 PM   #44
lognoronon

I know I'm a bit late to the thread but I got in at the start of beta 3 and while the performance has increased a bit since then it still runs like a dog for what you get. I'm not expecting stellar performance or anything with my rig but at least make it look like it needs a beefy system. Of course that is all moot because the game is simply boring and this is coming from someone who loves everquest and has played it since summer of 99 until less than a year ago. This game is going to flop and I really wanted it to make it but it just is not a very good game unfortunately. The game deserves all the negative press it is recieving.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-07, 02:07 PM   #45
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lognoronon
I know I'm a bit late to the thread but I got in at the start of beta 3 and while the performance has increased a bit since then it still runs like a dog for what you get. I'm not expecting stellar performance or anything with my rig but at least make it look like it needs a beefy system. Of course that is all moot because the game is simply boring and this is coming from someone who loves everquest and has played it since summer of 99 until less than a year ago. This game is going to flop and I really wanted it to make it but it just is not a very good game unfortunately. The game deserves all the negative press it is recieving.
Well said and very true.
Old 01-12-07, 11:31 AM   #46
Blacklash
8^9^3

To fix flashing textures I turned off hardware occlusion and set viewing distance to max. Oddly this fixes some close up items indoors as well. I've got all my sliders to the right and it set to "highest quality" @ 1680x with 16x AF. It runs fine. They do need to smooth out odd hitching in some areas. With its highest quality lighting on I like its look.

I have a HE Sorcerer and a Qal-whatever Bloodmage. I like them both, a lot. I tried a few melee classes and didn't do as well or feel as powerful. I'm still a relative lowbie with both classes so we will see how it goes. I have yet to die on either caster.

I have been giving them real feedback on every quest and the game in general. It will be interesting to see what developes over the next six months to a year.
Old 01-12-07, 09:40 PM   #47
CriPPleR_HD

I have been testing VG since beta 4 with my brother and at first I felt the same way as most of you guys. After getting past the performence issues and starting testing the classes I must say that I have not had this much fun with classes in any MMO and I played them all. So far I played a Monk to lvl 11, a Ranger to lvl 14, a Druid to lvl 12 and I am now working on a Dread Knight. The classes were fun to me at low levels and they only got better with each spell level.

The chains bridges and finishers are great and adds to the game play. Each class I played I enjoyed and they all were great and unique. I for one will be getting this game and to be honest I was not even looking foward to it before I got accepted into beta.

I respect the opinions of those who hate the beta but I find it fun and addictive.
MSI N275GTX Twin Frozr OC | BFG 8800 GTX PhysX | AMD's Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 @ 3.8 | ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard | OCZ Gold AMD Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" | XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm CPU Cooler | COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty | Gigaworks S750 7.1 Speaker System
Pioneer PRO 111FD - 50" Elite KURO plasma | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Razer Copperhead Mouse

Xbox Live Gamers Card
PS3 60gig / PSN: CriPPleR
MySpace
CriPPleR_HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 12:39 AM   #48
Blacklash
8^9^3

Whew, I don't know what they changed with this latest patch and now I crash every fifteen minutes or less. It's not worth the trouble to try to play.