Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-21-07, 03:35 AM   #49
nrdstrm

Default Re: Vanguard NDA lifted

Thats wierd...I lost connection to the server twice during a 5 1/2 hour time period tonight, and didn't crash at all. I'm enjoying the game more and more as they keep fixing things, and damn, it's a beautiful game with the graphics maxed...

**EDIT** We have similar systems too...Wonder what the problem is...I'm not OC'ing as much as you, but I doubt that could be it. Wierd..

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 10:18 AM   #50
|MaguS|

Im still trying to decide if I want to play the game or not upon release... If I play Im gonna need you nrdstrm holding my hand there the whole time, lol.
Old 01-21-07, 02:02 PM   #51
Blacklash
8^9^3

Does it thrash your hard drive? I have 2gb ram and 768vram yet it seems to access my hard disk far too often.

I am sure it's not the overclock as I am Orthos blend stable @ 8 plus hours and can run Oblivion and EQ 2 as long as I want with zero issues.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 06:14 PM   #52
nrdstrm

It usually only thrashes when I first enter the game, or enter a completely new area. It might do it more, but I'm oblivious too it because I'm into playing. I'll try to check while playing tonight and report back..

On Any Given Sunday!
Old 01-21-07, 06:18 PM   #53
Blacklash
8^9^3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
It usually only thrashes when I first enter the game, or enter a completely new area. It might do it more, but I'm oblivious too it because I'm into playing. I'll try to check while playing tonight and report back..
The reason I ask is because those are the cause of all the slow downs I may experience. When it's not thrashing my drive the game runs well.

There was another MMO that use to do that to my old machine, I want to say AO, and it's totally un necessary. Frequent HD access can cause a lot of chop in a game.

I wonder if going with a RAID configuration would make HD access smoother or cause less chop.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 04:03 AM   #54
nrdstrm

I checked tonight again. About 4.5 hours of play. My HDD thrashed when I entered the game for about 10 - 20 seconds, then when I took the boat to the next city over it did it again. But the whole rest of the time on the Island I was on (Wood Elf Starting Island), I had very little hitching at all...Damn it...I wish I could help you figure this out somehow...

On Any Given Sunday!
Old 01-22-07, 09:30 AM   #55
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

I'm having alot better vibes about the game after the last couple of patches. The wife asked me again last night when we get our copies so obviously she's ready to play.

I'm still getting quite a bit of hitching in towns and around people but it's great outside of that. I am guilty of running at highest quality so I'm sure I bring some of that pain upon myself.

Man this game is perty! I got to visit the lvl 30 Buffbot at Khal last night and try out the necro and DK (my favs) and man was that fun. I can't get over how great the armor models are at lvl 25-30...I can only imagine what lvl 50 and up will look like.

Those necro pets look fantastic!! The tank and plaguebringer models look great and the Diablo2 feeling is very much there.

I know what class I'm playing at launch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_0000.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	23652  

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3

Last edited by Xav; 01-22-07 at 09:47 AM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 09:35 AM   #56
|MaguS|

What class would you guys recommend for someone who wants to be a damage dealer and always required for groups? I was thinking about being a cleric/warrior again like EQ but those classes got tedious later in the games life due to single uses from the class.

Old 01-22-07, 09:50 AM   #57
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
What class would you guys recommend for someone who wants to be a damage dealer and always required for groups? I was thinking about being a cleric/warrior again like EQ but those classes got tedious later in the games life due to single uses from the class.

Sounds like the Bloodmage would be right up your alley. DPS+heals should keep you in groups always.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 11:28 AM   #58
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Bard . Not as helpful as an EQ bard, but definitely a good class. I could beat the hell out of any warrior type class(save for a paladin with their lay cheater hands). Very very high damage dealers.

Edit: Yea bloodmage is actually a very very good class as well.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 12:40 PM   #59
|MaguS|

You will never ever see me play a bard... EVER!
Old 01-22-07, 12:51 PM   #60
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
You will never ever see me play a bard... EVER!
thats what i said... until I got my ass handed to me by a bard(I was a warrior).

I don't know how it is now, but early on the beta bards were one of the strongest classes. To be honest, the biggest reason i used a bard was to run fast. Now the bards have a HUGE nerf to their run speed so they run slower than lvl 1 horses. Pretty stupid on sigil's part if you ask me....
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote