Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-09-07, 06:23 PM   #1
frog-o

Default Opengl rendering Problem and geforce 6150

Hi I'm have a very weird Problem when running Opengl application.

The screen flicker(use-a-ly in a triangler manner with 1/2 of any text on screen looking italic like)

I also have a bit of problem with icons in kde apps with about 3 white horzatal bar going down it about 1/2 of the with of the icon and mabe others apps as well. I have an asus motherboard with built in geforce 6150 video card set to 128 m in bios.

I'm use the nvidia-driver-1.0.9746 ebuild.
I'm useing the vlos 1.3 system(gentoo-base)

I have spent days try to find out what i done wrong and try to find the answer with google.

I test this with 2 sdl programs
supertux (both as user and root)
pacmanarena (both as user and root)
******************work great when uncheck use opengl****************************

Even thou not a program but window mannager
beryl 0.1.4(with emerald) (as user)(witch I also delete the .berly and .berly manager dir in my home after upgrade)

and a progarm in wine
wine"warcraft III" -opengl (as user)

I have notice a very strange error when look at xorg.0.log it tells me i have 262144k memory on my video card(if I understand thing write) no matter what I give it in bios. I tryed to set the mem it my xorg.conf with the comand vidram = 131072k wich I have set in bios right now and it is ingnore the value. I read the form and the instruction on if i had a problem and put the request bug report below.

Is there any way get X to report the correct mem on my video card?
Could this be my problem?
If anyone has any idea's on howto fix my problem or give me links that find additionlay info on my problem it would be greatly a-per-she-ate-ted. Thankyou.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (118.9 KB, 84 views)
frog-o is offline   Reply With Quote