|01-10-07, 08:05 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oslo, Norway
Browsing for a nvidia card that will *just work* with Ubuntu w/ beryl/compiz
I've been browsing numerous sites to find out which nvidia-based card to put on my shopping list.
The card will be used for:
A new desktop computer with Beryl (probably not Compiz, I'm now used to Beryl) and "all" available eye candy on a Samsung LE27S7 LCD TV. No MS Windows *at all*. Probably little/no Linux gaming
Here's what I want:
- D-SUB connection (the TV does not support a HDMI PC connection, I think)
- A card that's still very good a couple of years down the line
- PCI Express
- A card that is as silent as possible
- It needs to have good/great Linux support
- Preferably on this list: http://www.komplett.no/k/kl.asp?bn=1...e=&sortOrder=d Top half of the list, hopefully between 2000-4000 NOK (prices are on the list)
I'm probably not getting the card until Feisty is out, if that matters.
Hope some people here have some advice, because figuring this out is really not easy. There's a huge array of producers and specs, and compatibility lists are not available or very limited in terms of entries.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Warning from NVIDia with ubuntu 12.04||KnutJorgen||NVIDIA Linux||7||11-08-12 12:46 PM|
|NVIDIA Unleashes the GeForce GTX 670 Graphics Card ' Performance Perfected (WCCFTECH)||News||GeForce GTX 670 Reviews||0||05-10-12 09:40 AM|
|NVIDIA could rule if they really wanted to||Vid_craze||NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series||25||08-16-02 06:24 PM|