Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Software Development

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-18-07, 04:45 PM   #13
superklye

Default Re: Projects you're working on (work-related or otherwise)

I got a new project today for one of the VPs...basically it's taking the following site:

www.knowmenopause.com

as a base point (it's work-safe...it's just a site with all sorts of information about menopause) and recreating it with content about one of our products. It's all Flash-based and will likely end up having an XML backend (since I have no database access nor the ability to work with ASP.NET).

I'm excited but slightly nervous because my Flash is a bit rusty and apparently I'm the only person with an intermediate-advanced knowledge of Flash out of all 3000 people at the company.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 05:16 PM   #14
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Good Luck Superklye!

When it comes to Menopause, you're the only choice.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 05:38 PM   #15
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Good Luck Superklye!

When it comes to Menopause, you're the only choice.
My solution for menopause is two swift punches to the ovaries.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 12:23 AM   #16
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
My solution for menopause is two swift punches to the ovaries.
I can't believe you're NOT a doctor!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 11:17 PM   #17
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork

At school and currently brain dead so I have no real interesting projects going on.

For a certain class we are planning on building our own P2P client.

On my own time I'm working with a friend revamping a web site for a company. I wish I got payed in dollars

I also have a certain amount of ideas I hope to one day set in motion...

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 09:27 AM   #18
Remi

My main project at the moment is a prototype, for a low-budget merchant web site.

It goes like this:

Web Client -> Apache on Linux -> Web Services on Windows Server -> Oracle DB on Solaris

For the XBAP enabled clients (XP/Vista), the core part of the site is in xaml with a 3D effects when relevant.

The main benefits:
- very low maintenance costs for the customer thanks to the gazillions of companies with competencies in Apache/Linux/Php... (and soon xaml probably),
- appealing site (thanks to XBAP),
- business open to external partners without technical interface nigthmares (thanks to the WCF webservices),
- core database properly secured.

In addition, the XBAP part is funny to do...

Oh, did I mention that includes a picture database?
If the project is greenlighted, the picture codec will be ported on a processor which you might have heard of, the G80...
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 01:29 AM   #19
sm0ke

My project is a fully loaded cms system in php/mysql (including blogs/photo albums) / i am also preparing a website for an internet cafe chain in Greece / i am also writing my dissertation / i have a job interview in 3 days...

now THAT'S good use of my time... occasional breaks for Supreme Commander and CS:S :P
Old 05-18-07, 03:04 AM   #20
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

My last project was developing a web-based front-end for the security staff to maintain data on residents, the rent-roll, barred subjects, infractions, and copies of MPD arrest reports for internal records.

Basically, a repository of data that the security staff uses for creating reports for their employer and our corporation, searching for records, tracking residents and tracking people who enter and leave the property. The data is also synchronized with PocketPC's in case any of the information is needed. Data can also be entered in from the PocketPC and added to the database.

Its a troublesome property, and they have over a thousand people barred. Anyone caught on the property is arrested by MPD and put in jail for 6 months. 99% of the time its a baby daddy and/or drug dealer and/or rival gang member.

The only thing i never got to implement was the adding of video feeds from the surveillance cameras to attach to records.

My next project is to create a family web site to share photos, upkeep contact info, forum, blogs, etc. Need to learn JavaScript first.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote