Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-12-07, 09:16 PM   #25
Orsenfelt

Default Re: What MMO's do we have to look forward too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Sony has no control over Vanguards release date, this has been stated since the beginning when Sigil teamed up with SOE. They are only providing hosting, Tech Support and Billing Systems aswell as releasing the game on shelves. Sigil has all creative control as well as control on when the game releases... the reason its releasing so dam early is because Sigil ran out of Funds to keep developing it in a closed enviroment.

I really am finding that hard to beleive.. Brad isn't a stupid guy, He knows not to release January.. but he is, why? Sony's a money grabbing *beep*
Orsenfelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 09:46 PM   #26
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
BioWare is making an MMO, so I hear. I'm interested in anything BioWare.

Outside of that, it looks like the only thing decent on the horizon is Warhammer. Looks like an entirely PvP based WoW. Right up my alley.
Yep...The rumors/whispers are that BioWare bought the rights to the Star Wars name for another SWG. It won't be called "SWG2" according to what I've seen, but will be something completely different...Definetly looking forward to hear more about this..

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 09:58 PM   #27
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsenfelt
I really am finding that hard to beleive.. Brad isn't a stupid guy, He knows not to release January.. but he is, why? Sony's a money grabbing *beep*
Ok, Do you not understand that Sigil is a seperate company... and Brad himself has said that Sigil cannot fund the games development anymore... its either release or close shop... Sony is NOT FUNDING THE GAME. If anything Sony gets a smaller percentage of income from the game then they would EQ2 or SWG.
Old 01-13-07, 04:27 AM   #28
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody

Wow, so very clever of you.
Old 01-13-07, 12:08 PM   #29
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirby11
Well mindless people can continue to play WOW, I on the other hand love Vangaurd and plan to continue playing it well after beta. I like it, reminds me of WOW and Everquest 1. I hate EQ1, loved WOW to a point until I got to the end game.

Vangaurd will not fail, I can assure you that. It might have it's problems but what MMO doesn't, WOW certainly did. Already cancelled my WOW: BC pre-order and paid in full my Vangaurd CE. Can't wait for the beta to end, right now I don't want to get to far in level before the game launches.

I think people are just whinning to much about Vangaurd because they were hoping for an MMO of old, well if you want that then go play and MMO of old. I think Vangaurds hit a good mix here and it looks really good. Also, I have no problems with people not enjoying the game but stop with all the bashing. There are worse games out there that certainly deserve this kind of abuse.

P.S.
Looking forward to:
Huxley (far off)
Conan
Warhammer Online
Aion (again no release date)
Bioware MMO (really long wait)

Those are the few I can name off the top of my head.
Have you played the BEATA? We don't mind the stuff they are trying. It is the fact that it doesn't work. I would much rather be mindless and play WoW than Vanguard. At least WoW works and is fun.

And telling people what to bash and not bash is silly. I you don't like our opinions then don't read them.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 12:27 PM   #30
Lazaredz
Giggitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Yep...The rumors/whispers are that BioWare bought the rights to the Star Wars name for another SWG. It won't be called "SWG2" according to what I've seen, but will be something completely different...Definetly looking forward to hear more about this..
Now THAT would be SWEET!

Personally I'm hoping that some of these "SWG reverse engineered pre-CU" servers pop up.

/crosses fingers.

Mobil: Sager 9261, Q6600, Unknown P965 MB, 4GB (2x2) PC2 6400, 7950 Go, Azalia Sound System, Hitachi 100GB 7200 RPM, Optiarc 8X DVD RW +/-, BIG ARSE BRICK PSU!!!!
Lazaredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 12:44 PM   #31
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Have you played the BEATA? We don't mind the stuff they are trying. It is the fact that it doesn't work. I would much rather be mindless and play WoW than Vanguard. At least WoW works and is fun.

And telling people what to bash and not bash is silly. I you don't like our opinions then don't read them.
I don't have problem with your opinions, I just don't agree with them. I'm entitled to that right? That is the whole point of a forum, it just seems like you guys aren't seeing what fun there is and what potential there is. Yes I admit that it's very buggy but that doesn't bother me because UO, EQ, WOW, EQ2 and almost every other MMO I've played was buggy as hell at launch and could have waited another 3 to 6 months to fine tune it but they didn't. Sigil is not different, actually I think they are seeing how they've already increased the performance and stability of Vangaurd in less than two weeks, WOW took 6 months before I could play well and to this day I still have to wait in que to get logged in. Hell with all the money Blizzard makes off this supposed subscription base you'd think they could afford decent servers.

And yes, I've been playing non stop since Beta 5 opened last week and I'm quite happy. Even cancelled my WOW: BC pre-order for the Vangaurd CE pre-order.
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 04:04 PM   #32
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

maybe something good will come out of Vanguard? Maybe they will make enough money to make it worth a damn within 6 months. We can only hope.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-07, 07:57 PM   #33
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
maybe something good will come out of Vanguard? Maybe they will make enough money to make it worth a damn within 6 months. We can only hope.
I can really hope since I'll be playing and paying since release. To each his own man, sorry you don't like it but I'm having a blast.
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 12:32 AM   #34
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Burning Crusade.

8 million subscribers LAWL you punkrock MMO elitists must be so pissed.
TAKE THAT BACK YOU BEAST I LIKE SALSA

BTW CANN U SPAER SUM GOLD 4 MY EPIC OMG
Old 01-14-07, 12:54 PM   #35
Blacklash
8^9^3

My question is, does anyone know of a good Sci-fi MMORPG coming out? I am really tired of the traditional fantasy stuff. Another thing that is annoying is a lot of the Sci-Fi games have far too much hocus pocus BS in them. See some of the upcoming Sci-Fi games with "elves".

Example:

"You can play as one of three races - the Cora, a mystical, magical elf-like race..."

http://www.tentonhammer.com/index.ph...rticle&sid=651

/sigh

There could be alien races, androids, "synthetic humans", those warped by radiation, and many other options. Magic just isn't needed and unexplained phenomena need not be labeled as such.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64

Last edited by Blacklash; 01-14-07 at 01:15 PM.
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 12:57 PM   #36
|MaguS|

Theres a Star Trek game releasing sometime this year I believe...