Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-07, 06:03 PM   #37
nrdstrm

Default Re: What MMO's do we have to look forward too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Theres a Star Trek game releasing sometime this year I believe...
Not this year unfortunately. They just started making the engine a few months ago. I think that want to be in beta by the end of the year though (last time I checked)...

Stargate Worlds is also coming, but again, not for quite some time...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 02:59 PM   #38
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Ok, Do you not understand that Sigil is a seperate company... and Brad himself has said that Sigil cannot fund the games development anymore... its either release or close shop... Sony is NOT FUNDING THE GAME. If anything Sony gets a smaller percentage of income from the game then they would EQ2 or SWG.
Hey Magus, actually Brad recently said SOE has been funding VG (Sigil has BEEN out of money) and that Smedley was trying to buy them more time but Sony Pictures wasn't having it and wants to see some cash coming in.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 03:17 PM   #39
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav
Hey Magus, actually Brad recently said SOE has been funding VG (Sigil has BEEN out of money) and that Smedley was trying to buy them more time but Sony Pictures wasn't having it and wants to see some cash coming in.
Sony Pictures has nothing to do with SOE. They are a seperate Entity, they do no rely on eachother nor can they force eachother to make moves. The only Sony Corp HQ is the only one who can force another division to make moves.
Old 01-16-07, 03:57 PM   #40
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold Legends™, and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development. SOE is owned by Sony Pictures Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Actually they do.

Just tellin ya what the man said...you can go argue with Brad all ya want but I'm content to take his word on it.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 07:29 AM   #41
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I have no problem with WoW. Its just not my type of game. Just because you enjoy those type games and I don't does not mean I am a "LAWL elitest ZOMG LAWL". It just simply means I don't like WoW. Its too easy and its player base is too young for me. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
- Explain how the game is too "easy", remember to make such a statement you should have a basic understanding of the game mechanics.

- Every player I know in the game is above the age of 20 so your comment is a broad generalization reflecting a narrow experience with the game.

- Duh, it was an obvious troll post! But I love the game and it seems from my perspective that you never gave it a chance because of a preconceived notion, which I think is a shame.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 09:21 AM   #42
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
- Explain how the game is too "easy", remember to make such a statement you should have a basic understanding of the game mechanics.

- Every player I know in the game is above the age of 20 so your comment is a broad generalization reflecting a narrow experience with the game.

- Duh, it was an obvious troll post! But I love the game and it seems from my perspective that you never gave it a chance because of a preconceived notion, which I think is a shame.
paranoid much?

So there is a problem with me not liking a game? Let me guess. We are all suppose to like World Of Warcraft now? Tell me how that makes sense? I even stated I think WoW is a good game for some people. Thats not enough for you?

So again. WoW has great art direction. I love the way the game looks. I played it for a month and got bored. I never felt challenged. That and I just simply didn't like it. No, I will not waste more time on it to "give it another chance". Thats absolutely stupid to even bring that up. I'm sorry I never received the memo that I am suppose to like every game that "Ninjaman09" likes. If that "offends" you in some weird little way I'm sorry. I didn't know simply not liking a game was a crime.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 10:18 AM   #43
darkrider01
A little rough at first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malficar
My question is, does anyone know of a good Sci-fi MMORPG coming out? I am really tired of the traditional fantasy stuff. Another thing that is annoying is a lot of the Sci-Fi games have far too much hocus pocus BS in them. See some of the upcoming Sci-Fi games with "elves".

Example:

"You can play as one of three races - the Cora, a mystical, magical elf-like race..."

http://www.tentonhammer.com/index.ph...rticle&sid=651

/sigh

There could be alien races, androids, "synthetic humans", those warped by radiation, and many other options. Magic just isn't needed and unexplained phenomena need not be labeled as such.
Have you checked out Tabula Rasa by NC Soft? I'm really hoping to get in on the beta...

Meanwhile, I am thoroughly content with Eve Online
School Bus - Intel i7 4770K * ASRock Z87 Extreme6/AC * EVGA GTX 590 * Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHz DDR3* Alienware TactX Keyboard * RAZER Mamba * Pioneer DVR-212D * Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD * 10+TB Other Storage * Ultra X3 1000W PSU * Dell U2913WM * Beats by Dr. Dre headphones * Klipsch Promedia 2.1 * Cooler Master HAF XB * Cooler Master Hyper N520 * Windows 7 Ultimate
Mass Transit - Xeon E3-1275 V2 * G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 * EVGA GTX660 * Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD * Seagate Momentus XT 750GB * Dell 2001FP * Viewsonic VX2250 * Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 * Windows 7 Ultimate
RV - Alienware M18x * i7 2670QM * Dual 560 GTX * 1.25TB Storage * Windows 7 Ultimate
Van by the River - Panasonic PT-AX200U * Homebrew 9' x 5' screen * Pioneer VSX-1121-K * Bose Acoustimass 6 * Velodyne VX10 Subwoofer * PS3/Xbox/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU/DirecTV HR22
Packin HEAT
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 09:25 PM   #44
TheTaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
What games are out there? Can you tell me a bit about them and why they will be good? I know Conan and Warhammer are set to release sometime in the future(don't know when), but I don't really know anything about them.

/still waiting on the real EQ2
//probably will never happen
Well... since I despised EQ... You probably won't like what I like.

I'm looking forward to Hero's Journey, if it ever gets out of vaporware status.

The main reason is because it's not a "whack a mole treadmill" game. The quests are more like mini adventure games (which is the main focus... "not go kill 10 rats for 10 rat tails crap"), and every player is focused upon being "the hero". Cool beans, if they implement it right.

Here are some (old) interviews that explain why I like the concepts a lot:

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/621/621907p1.html

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/624/624609p1.html

Also these guys just sold a license of their engine to Bioware for their MMO... so that tells me that if Bioware thinks HJ's engine is good enough for their MMO... there's got to be something good there for us.

-Taz
TheTaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-07, 05:35 AM   #45
Hambone

This thread made me laugh.

"All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in."

Shut the F up you stupid elitist retards. Games are suppose to be fun, not torture.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 08:23 PM   #46
Hex
Oh smeg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Preach it brother!
I'm serious, I was in LOVE with SWG until they kept nerfing, and patching, and dicking up the game to where it was nothing like what I bought and played at launch.

The most fun I've EVER had on an online game was shortly after the launch of SWG. I'd get a group of friends together and roam Moenia looking for covert rebels that were flagged for PVP after doing faction missions....so much fun......
I agree with this completely.
SWG is still the most fun I have had in an MMO from the MUD days through UO and to today.
Pre the jedi cop out, pre the CU.
The whole pvp dynamic with imperial-rebel-covert was awsome, the housing was awsome, the different progression and class options were great, the fact that you could just hang out in a cantina and bs was great, the varying world and how huge they were was great, the housing was awsome, the character customization was second to none, the fact that you could just take almost any item and use it as deco in your home was awsome.
Old 02-26-07, 09:31 PM   #47
slick
Play with conviction.

http://www.startrekonline.com/
http://www.perpetual.com/star_trek_online/ (More concrete info. Space exploration AND beaming down to planets? Dear God I need this MMO.)

I'm a closet Star Trek nerd.

I cannot wait for this MMO and I am praying they do it right.