Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-17-07, 03:11 AM   #121
icecold1983

Default Re: Wonder how well you PC will run Crysis

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83459

jakup benched tm united with the included bench. my score is within 1 or 2 fps of his on a much slower cpu(cuz the game is gpu limited), and yet when u actually play the game the fps is nowhere near 60 at these settings in stadium mode. unless ur playing an extremely baasic track
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 03:36 AM   #122
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Xion stop wasting your time with the clown. You arent going to convince him otherwise.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 03:50 AM   #123
icecold1983

everything ive claimed ive showed solid evidence that backs it up
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
Old 01-17-07, 04:45 AM   #124
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983
Just because you show evidence of your computer running crappy doesn't mean that it should be running that way. The results that you're showing don't match up either with review sites or what users are posting here. But it's not like it matters, because you're too hard-headed to listen to it. Just a quick recap:

I've shown you self-benchmarks that I've done. You didn't like those and wanted to claim it was low-action/detail.

So then I took some shots in the middle of some very detailed battlefields with lots of gunfire with the frame-counter sticking where it did before.

Then you wanted to claim you never said you were talking about running 16xAA.. that you were talking about 4xAA the entire time. Then I pulled a quote of yours specifically mentioning you running at 16xAA.

Then, screw that.. you wanted to then say that even at 4xAA your COD2 game only ran around 44fps. Then I pulled benchmark after benchmark showing tests averaging over 10fps more than you were getting on a weaker processor while debunking your "Resolution Theory" in the process.

Then.. screw that. You wanted to say that the review never said which stage it was, even though I've shown you 3 different maps with screenshots with the framerate staying pegged over 50 w/ 16xAA on my machine.

Well, I'm tired of playing ring-around-the-rosie with you; I'll let you have your playground all to yourself. I've tried talking some common sense into you, but I think there's a bigger gap between you and it than the Grand Canyon itself.

Enjoy your 360.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 05:32 AM   #125
icecold1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Just because you show evidence of your computer running crappy doesn't mean that it should be running that way. The results that you're showing don't match up either with review sites or what users are posting here. But it's not like it matters, because you're too hard-headed to listen to it. Just a quick recap:

I've shown you self-benchmarks that I've done. You didn't like those and wanted to claim it was low-action/detail.

So then I took some shots in the middle of some very detailed battlefields with lots of gunfire with the frame-counter sticking where it did before.

Then you wanted to claim you never said you were talking about running 16xAA.. that you were talking about 4xAA the entire time. Then I pulled a quote of yours specifically mentioning you running at 16xAA.

Then, screw that.. you wanted to then say that even at 4xAA your COD2 game only ran around 44fps. Then I pulled benchmark after benchmark showing tests averaging over 10fps more than you were getting on a weaker processor while debunking your "Resolution Theory" in the process.

Then.. screw that. You wanted to say that the review never said which stage it was, even though I've shown you 3 different maps with screenshots with the framerate staying pegged over 50 w/ 16xAA on my machine.

Well, I'm tired of playing ring-around-the-rosie with you; I'll let you have your playground all to yourself. I've tried talking some common sense into you, but I think there's a bigger gap between you and it than the Grand Canyon itself.

Enjoy your 360.
not matching up? sigh let me link AGAIN to the same links ive already linked to.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...VudGh1c2lhc3Q=

"There are some places in the game where we saw the framerates tank, even on the BFGTech GeForce 8800 GTX when antialiasing was enabled."

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...tx_g80/15.html

"we found that the SloMo mode dropped our frame rates in to the low teens."

so now that weve confirmed my fear results are 100% normal, as are my trackmania results, how can u claim that my cod 2 results are off?

oh wait fatality here confirms issues in dark messiah

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...ah#post1115079

wait heres another user echoing what im saying

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...t=83652&page=5

shaker718 "DM:M&M runs well, looks good, but still dips into the teens with everything on high using the large fireball spell."

he must also be an idiot and have no idea what hes doing.

and again in regards to the 16x aa thing, i was stating how cod 2 runs on the 8800 with 16x aa, not on my system with 16x aa. i then said that even with only 4x aa u can hit performance walls. there is no contradiction.

so i posted ss of fear framerate drops, and linked to 2 reputable sites coming to the EXACT same conclusion. i then posted ss of dark messiah with fps problems and 2 other 8800 gtx owners on this forum echo my problems. ive shown u jakups trackmania bench matching mine, i get the exact same scores running the built in company of heros bench as ever review site that has used it. my 3d mark score is 10k with a stock e6600, perfectly normal. i get the same fps in the nvidia g80 demos as a bunch of 8800 owners on beyond3d.com. do the math.
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
Old 01-17-07, 05:59 AM   #126
Darkoz
lurking

Quote:
icecold1983, for comparisons sake, can you run the in-built F.E.A.R benchmark with all settings max. 4x AA / 8x AF and softshadows OFF @ 1920x1200 resolution and post a screenshot of the score.
Old 01-17-07, 06:07 AM   #127
icecold1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz
icecold1983, for comparisons sake, can you run the in-built F.E.A.R benchmark with all settings max. 4x AA / 8x AF and softshadows OFF @ 1920x1200 resolution and post a screenshot of the score.
i only have the demos for fear and fear xp.
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
Old 01-17-07, 06:30 AM   #128
Darkoz
lurking

Quote:
i only have the demos for fear and fear xp.
Doesn't the demo have the benchmark?

Old 01-17-07, 06:31 AM   #129
Redeemed

Icecold, I'm not going to debate anymore with you. I'm merely going to point something out-

The performance recieved in the demo of a video game will vary from the performance achieved in the retail version. Buy FEAR and then try playing the game- you'll see exactly what I mean.

The very last thing I will point out is that there is a very large difference between a video card hitting a performance wall and the coding for the game being crap. When a video card hits a performance wall, the game is taxing the GPU. When the coding is crap the factors involved are too many to blame just the GPU- your CPU, RAM, and even hard drives could be the bottleneck in such a case.

As such, for any current PC title that has decent coding, the 8800's have yet to hit a performace wall. For all titles with fubar'd coding- the performance wall is not limited to the GPU but encompass the entire system. Thusly you cannot accurately claim that the GPU is hitting a performance wall. Furthermore any blame as a result of such poor coding should be directed at the software and developers, NOT at the hardware.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 06:32 AM   #130
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz
Doesn't the demo have the benchmark?
No, it does not.
Old 01-17-07, 06:45 AM   #131
icecold1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Icecold, I'm not going to debate anymore with you. I'm merely going to point something out-

The performance recieved in the demo of a video game will vary from the performance achieved in the retail version. Buy FEAR and then try playing the game- you'll see exactly what I mean.

The very last thing I will point out is that there is a very large difference between a video card hitting a performance wall and the coding for the game being crap. When a video card hits a performance wall, the game is taxing the GPU. When the coding is crap the factors involved are too many to blame just the GPU- your CPU, RAM, and even hard drives could be the bottleneck in such a case.

As such, for any current PC title that has decent coding, the 8800's have yet to hit a performace wall. For all titles with fubar'd coding- the performance wall is not limited to the GPU but encompass the entire system. Thusly you cannot accurately claim that the GPU is hitting a performance wall. Furthermore any blame as a result of such poor coding should be directed at the software and developers, NOT at the hardware.
so if lowering settings that would only affect the video card(texture detail, resolution, aa af etc) substantially raise my framerate the gpu hasnt hit a performance wall?

u are making a big claim there in terms of coding, since ur essentially saying trackmania, oblivion, fear, cod 2, company of heros, dark messiah, call of juarez, just cause and many others are all coded like crap.
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
Old 01-17-07, 06:47 AM   #132
Redeemed

Quote:
so if lowering settings that would only affect the video card(texture detail, resolution, aa af etc) substantially raise my framerate the gpu hasnt hit a performance wall?

u are making a big claim there in terms of coding, since ur essentially saying trackmania, oblivion, fear, cod 2, company of heros, dark messiah, call of juarez, just cause and many others are all coded like crap.

We've been over this too many times. I'm sure you already know how I'd like to answer this. But, we are going in circles my friend. I will debate this with you no more.

*Tips hat to gents in thread, stands and leaves thread*