Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-07, 08:31 PM   #61
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Wonder how well you PC will run Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokishi
I've got the exact same setup as IceCold, and 16xAA runs great.
don't take anything that icecold says seriously
Old 01-15-07, 08:35 PM   #62
icecold1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Okay icecold- you aren't understanding that we are trying to explain to you that the no game for the PC can actually tax the 8800s. Thus, there is no GPU limitation- except for maybe at a resolution of 2560x1600. But for the resolution you are using, there is no GPU limitation.

And I no exactly what a "minimum framerate" is, as I also understand the method of AA being used. Do you realise that there is a difference between 16xAA and 16xQ? I think that you do not.

Any how, on what grounds do you have to tell me what I know? lol Very cute move there.

Considering that you are the only person (Okay, I'll be politically correct for you- you are of the minority of all 8800 owners) having such piss-poor results with your 8800GTX, I find it hard to consider you as being very credible.

rly?

i can name a bunch of games that are gpu limited at my res.

trackmania
fear
oblivion
coh
cod 2
dark messiah
gothic 3
nwn 2
serious sam 2
prey
everquest 2

if u think the 8800 isnt gpu limited then u must not have ever looked at a benchmark. WHEN A BENCHMARK HAS AN AVG FPS OF 55 U CAN BET UR ASS THE MINIMUM WILL BE CLOSE TO 30. i play trackmania united every day and know for a fact that game can bring an 8800 to its knees, so did dark messiah in certain areas, or when using certain weapons/spells. oblivion can bring an 8800 to the teens with grass fade set to maximum. fear xp brings an 8800 to its teens when fighting in slow mo, other times to the 20s when walking in certain rooms.

fear pics with fps

now when u mix that with this

ur going to have a high average.
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 08:44 PM   #63
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983
rly?

i can name a bunch of games that are gpu limited at my res.

trackmania
fear
oblivion
coh
cod 2
dark messiah
gothic 3
nwn 2
serious sam 2
prey
everquest 2

if u think the 8800 isnt gpu limited then u must not have ever looked at a benchmark. WHEN A BENCHMARK HAS AN AVG FPS OF 55 U CAN BET UR ASS THE MINIMUM WILL BE CLOSE TO 30. i play trackmania united every day and know for a fact that game can bring an 8800 to its knees, so did dark messiah in certain areas, or when using certain weapons/spells. oblivion can bring an 8800 to the teens with grass fade set to maximum. fear xp brings an 8800 to its teens when fighting in slow mo, other times to the 20s when walking in certain rooms.
Okay. God hates you. That is the only explanation I can give you for your system performing so poorly. God must hate you thus he hath released his wrath uponeth youeth.

Again, I'm playing FEAR XP at 1920x1440, with 16xAA, 16xAF, and all in-game options maxed. It never dips below 30fps except for slo-mo. DUH! Slo-mo is not intended to run at high fps, part of the effect is only achieved by a slower fps.

I have noticed on occassions where I'll be walking through a room or a hall, and suddenly I can't really move forward, it is like there is an invisible wall the character is running into. After a few seconds the game continues as normal. That, though, is a software bug- be it the drivers, or the game.

And I've looked at plenty of reviews, obviously as I posted quite a few. I'll be honest, I think you are really dumb and don't know how to properly configure your PC yet are too stubborn to accept advice- or you are just a troll seeking attention.

Either way, I'm done with this pointless debate. Do us all a favor- buy a console and leave the PC gaming to people that can actually figure it out.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 08:47 PM   #64
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

LOL
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 08:51 PM   #65
icecold1983

slow mo is suppose to slow down the fps? BAHAHAHA u are one of the most ignorant posters, u obviously dont know anything about 3d graphics. slow motion does not intentionally slow down the fps, email the developers and ask them for urself.

i guess hardocp doesnt know anything about computers either right? seeing as they have echoed exactly what i am saying, even with a faster cpu.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...IxOCwxNCwsMTUw

'There are some places in the game where we saw the framerates tank, even on the BFGTech GeForce 8800 GTX when antialiasing was enabled."

they are playing at a lower res with less aa than you and still notice the same issues i do. but im sure they are just ignorant and have no idea what they are doing and ur just a super genius who knows something the entire world doesnt and u have managed to get fear to perform better than anyone in the world.

its funny how people will argue in the face of factual evidence. i mean an avg fps of 55 is staring u right there in the face on a benchmark and ur sitting there cliaming fps never drops. rofl some people have no common sense
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
Old 01-15-07, 09:04 PM   #66
Xion X2

icecold, my game ran at a steady 55-60 fps on that D-Day board on the beach where you climb the mountain on a rope. It never dropped.. even with about 30-40 soldiers on the screen at once and gunfire all around you.

I would post some screens but I reformatted my computer when I switched motherboards this past weekend. But you're pissing me off so much with your bone-headedness that I might just have to fire her up with fraps again to prove a point.

And overclocking your processor CAN make a difference in performance in complex scenes. Some scenes are CPU-limited when you have several characters running around on-screen. Just what in the heck do you think runs the A.I. and physics in games? Your graphics card!?

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 09:08 PM   #67
icecold1983

when lowering graphic options increases your fps, your gpu limited.

and im sure ur fps just stayed at 55 to 60, never dropping. u must have an 8800 with magic transistors since everyone knows the min fps is always well below the avg.
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
Old 01-15-07, 09:11 PM   #68
Xion X2

Quote:
its funny how people will argue in the face of factual evidence. i mean an avg fps of 55 is staring u right there in the face on a benchmark and ur sitting there cliaming fps never drops. rofl some people have no common sense
An "avg" of 55 fps doesn't necessitate a tank in fps of 30, you nimrod. If the minimum fps I get in a game is 50 but it stays there the majority of the time and I get 80+ in some other areas 20% of the time it could bring the average close to 55.

You need to go back to grade school.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-07, 09:22 PM   #69
Redeemed

Quote:
slow mo is suppose to slow down the fps? BAHAHAHA u are one of the most ignorant posters, u obviously dont know anything about 3d graphics. slow motion does not intentionally slow down the fps, email the developers and ask them for urself.

i guess hardocp doesnt know anything about computers either right? seeing as they have echoed exactly what i am saying, even with a faster cpu.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...IxOCwxNCwsMTUw

'There are some places in the game where we saw the framerates tank, even on the BFGTech GeForce 8800 GTX when antialiasing was enabled."

they are playing at a lower res with less aa than you and still notice the same issues i do. but im sure they are just ignorant and have no idea what they are doing and ur just a super genius who knows something the entire world doesnt and u have managed to get fear to perform better than anyone in the world.

I'm sorry, but I lied. This would make the second time that I claimed I'd leave the thread- yet came back! lol

Don't know why, but I find this debate kinda' fun.

Okay, all-knowing-one-Icecold, why don't you explain to us why the fps is supposed to remain high in slow mo? You seem to know so much about "3d graphics", share with us- explain to us why the fps should not change when using "slo-mo".

Mind you, I also noticed this dip in fps when using slo-mo on my 7600GT SLi setup, as well as when I was using my single 6800GT. I'd have high fps and then when I use slo-mo it'd dip on both the 7600GT SLi setup and the single 6800GT.

So, explain to us how this is wrong. Explain to us why the fps should not dip. Get technical. I'm interested in seeing you back this up.

I should also mention about FEAR, there are times when I'll enter an empty room- absolutely NOTHING happening in there, and nothing that would be a graphical strain, yet it'll still chop up. Mind you, it never did this with my two 7600GTs nor with my single 6800GT. That is what we call a bug, or a glitch. It happens. As soon as I leave the room, my fps sky-rockets, even if I'm entering a fire-fight!

So go on, I await this technical explaination from you. If you refuse to explain, then I chalk you up as an ignorant troll.

Bring on your technologically superior knowledge buddy. Educate us. I'll be waiting...
Old 01-15-07, 09:29 PM   #70
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

why are these discussions with this icebraindeadcold still going on?
Old 01-15-07, 09:31 PM   #71
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
why are these discussions with this icebraindeadcold still going on?
lol

I don't know, maybe I'm just that bored- but it passes the time.
Old 01-15-07, 09:53 PM   #72
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote