Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-07, 07:47 PM   #13
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
actually scratch my last comment. I did find 2 60s at Walmart today, and one was in the process of being sold. I'll probably just sell my 360 sooner or later to get one when some better games come out since I'm not really happy with the 360.
****ing Fanboy









  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 08:33 PM   #14
TiKiMaN1
Registered User
 
TiKiMaN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,409
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

In our local Target we have 7 PS3's sitiing on the shelf that have been there for over a week. I also confirmed they were the same with a store clerk.

Collecting dust..........
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 11:43 PM   #15
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Do you have any evidence of this? I've yet to see anything besides forum trash-talking that indicates there is a PS3 surplus in Japan.
"Those PS3s Sales Look Sluggish In Japan!"
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/those-p...pan-225907.php
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 01:58 AM   #16
UDawg
Retired spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

I went to the store today and I saw peanut butter on the shelves. PEANUT BUTTER ISN'T MOVING! ZOMG!
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 11:04 AM   #17
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand



__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 11:10 AM   #18
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I went to the store today and I saw peanut butter on the shelves. PEANUT BUTTER ISN'T MOVING! ZOMG!
the supply of peanut butter has FAR exceeded its demand, therefore peanut butter is a COMPLETE failure!
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 11:14 AM   #19
UDawg
Retired spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
the supply of peanut butter has FAR exceeded its demand, therefore peanut butter is a COMPLETE failure!
It's because peanut butter is force blue ray on us.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 11:41 AM   #20
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

While the PS3 has sold a lot of units, and will do so in their European release, there are a number of indicators that have analysts worried about the PS3 in the future. Analysts of course will compare the performance of the release of the PS3 to other consoles.

Comparing the PS3 to the Wii and the 360. The 360 last year was still bringing in high markup on ebay, and the Wii still is bringing in a large markup. The markup on most PS3 sales has fallen dramatically.
In this period last year it was near impossible to find a 360 on store shelves (except in japan where they coulden't give them away). The Wii right now is still near impossible to find. The PS3 is starting to show up in a number of places and is becoming easy to find.
The attach rate for the consoles at this time is difficult to compare. The Wii is plagued by supply problems for their controllers, as you simply can't find them anywhere. The 360 has a attach rate of 3.4, the PS3 in contrast has a attach rate of around 1.5.

Given all that, Sony would have put it in a better position simply not releasing the PS3 at all and relying on PS2 sales which still are quite large.

Personally I bought a 360 for halo2 and as a media extender back in December 2005. I've played a Wii a few times now and plan to get one of those myself. The PS3 while a great console, the future isn't looking as rosy as the PS2 was. The next year will be quite interesting to see how things go for all three consoles.

As for peanut butter, the supply far out strips demand.. However even on a bad day, more peanut butter is sold than PS3. There's also better profit in it.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-07, 02:46 PM   #21
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades
 
H3avyM3tal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

The PS3 has no games.... Wait for it will ya?
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 03:00 PM   #22
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
While the PS3 has sold a lot of units, and will do so in their European release, there are a number of indicators that have analysts worried about the PS3 in the future. Analysts of course will compare the performance of the release of the PS3 to other consoles.

Comparing the PS3 to the Wii and the 360. The 360 last year
Analysts do not look at Ebay to see the trend of a console, if anything the launch of the Ps3 showed that it can sell better then the X360 considering that launch for launch it did sell more then the X360... now we have to see if it can sell the numbers that the X360 did in a year, that is what needs to be compared, not the prices on ebay. If you want to compare that I know someone whos selling wonder womans invisible jet on ebay...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 03:32 PM   #23
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn
 
toxikneedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,323
Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
It's because peanut butter is force blue ray on us.
I disagree, peanut butter is a success because it DOESN'T push jelly on us, we have a choice of buying it or not.
__________________
[cpu]amd.x2.4400 . [ram]crucial.2gb.3200 . [gpu]evga.8800.gts . [hdd]wd.raptor.74gb ::
toxikneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 03:34 PM   #24
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn
 
toxikneedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,323
Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle
Default Re: PlayStation 3 Supply Surpasses Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Analysts do not look at Ebay to see the trend of a console, if anything the launch of the Ps3 showed that it can sell better then the X360 considering that launch for launch it did sell more then the X360... now we have to see if it can sell the numbers that the X360 did in a year, that is what needs to be compared, not the prices on ebay. If you want to compare that I know someone whos selling wonder womans invisible jet on ebay...
The initial install base for Playstation is a lot higher than Xbox 360, PS3 would sell more at launch than 360 even if it was $2,000 MSRP, only because of the fanboys that would buy one no matter what. Now that most of those people have their PS3s, we can see the PS3s are in stock so much....
__________________
[cpu]amd.x2.4400 . [ram]crucial.2gb.3200 . [gpu]evga.8800.gts . [hdd]wd.raptor.74gb ::
toxikneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John Carmack Foresees Long Life Cycle For PlayStation 4 News Archived News Items 0 06-08-12 05:40 AM
PlayStation 4 Games 'Are in Development', Sony Comments on Console's E3 Absence News Archived News Items 0 06-06-12 07:00 PM
PlayStation 'poised for cloud gaming push' MikeC Console World 4 05-27-12 11:36 AM
Rumor regarding lack of 680 availability ViN86 Rumor Mill 6 05-09-12 04:48 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.