Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-07, 09:31 PM   #13
betterdan

Default Re: Woman Dies Participating In Wii Contest

Yep at a little country dive bar here we had a party till you pee night. Beers were 1 dollar all night until you got up to pee then they went back to regular price. Some guys I went out drinking with from the USS Shenandoah had a great idea, they all wore Depends and just sat there getting drunk and pissing their pants. I had to crack up when they were talking to women who had no idea that the guys had pissed themselves.
I wonder what would have happened if they took one of those women home and stripped down to do the dirty deed and she saw what he was wearing?
Old 01-15-07, 10:57 AM   #14
ViN86

lol so they did keep feeding her bottles of water.

say it with me now, "lawwwwsuuuuuuit"
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 10:38 PM   #15
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
That's only because your arse is plugged by Micheal Flatley's wang.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 11:02 PM   #16
AthlonXP1800

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6263029.stm

BBC explaining why too much water is dangerous.

Water intake for women need 1.5 litres daily, for men, it need 3 litres but men serve in Army forces need as much as 7 or 8 litres daily when working all days in wars.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 01:59 PM   #17
nicorulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I call BS
As usual, you are an idiot. I am a medical professional. For the uninformed, water intoxication lead to a condition called hyponatremia. That means that serum sodium drops to precipitously low levels. It is often seen in patients with cancer 2nd to a condition called SIADH (very complicated) or in psychiatric patients with a disorder called psychogenic polydipsia. Guess what, the poor lady in this show literally drank liters of water till she diluted her system (similar to the psychogenic polydipsia). The kidneys have only so much reserve to get rid of free water. When the serum Na drops below 125 mmol/L, you can have neurological symptoms. When it drops to less than 115, you can go into a coma and die. I guess she ended up dying. The autopsy will be revealing. Usually, psychiatric patients can drink themselves to a lower sodium than usual as their bodies adapt and compensate before they have symptoms. I assume she had no psychiatric issues and drank a normal amount daily. When she started chugging the liters upon liters of fluids, the dramatic drop in her serum sodium led to cerebral edema and subsequent death. Big time lawsuit.
nicorulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 03:19 PM   #18
TiKiMaN1

Fetch this is such a sad story. She had 3 kids too.

Anyway 10 employees at the radio station were fired because of this.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164262...stnews;title;0
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 03:59 PM   #19
Athena
spirit filled

Being a person that was treated for drinking to much water to fast I can say this is real. Its just that she did not seem to drink that much water compared to what I did. But maybe she is smaller than me.
Old 01-17-07, 04:13 PM   #20
nemecb

The thing that scares me about this is that although I did know that too much water was harmful, I didn't realize you could actually drink yourself to that point. Heck, I knew people in college who had these contests in the cafeteria and I never saw anything wrong with them at the time (although I did think it was stupid, but not because it was dangerous). Note to self: Point those people to this story next time you see them.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-07, 06:48 PM   #21
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Wow dont see how these kids can ever see or play a Wii without thinking of there mother. I've always known water can harm you and many times I have drank it fast and my throat tightened up or I felt I was about to fall over.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote