Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-07, 08:41 PM   #1
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Firefox being stupid ... as usual

God, i swear i have the worst luck with this crappy software firefox.


Now today firefox decided it wanted to delete ALL my bookmarks/favorites for the past 2 years. Does anyone know of any way to get them back? On top of that, now firefox is automatically deleting ALL my history every time I reboot. I am having to relogin to every forum i visit every time i restart my PC. This bloody software has caused me more problems than any peice of software on my entire PC.

Help is appreciated
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 09:23 PM   #2
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior
 
Stoneyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kaplan, LA
Posts: 2,253
Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Maybe a 3rd party "optimizing" app is deleting your cache?
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 10:07 PM   #3
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneyguy
Maybe a 3rd party "optimizing" app is deleting your cache?
nope.. havent installed anything other than games in months now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 10:59 PM   #4
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Firefox did this to me recently, acted like it had never been installed before. However it left my bookmarks intact. It seems ok now after a few shutdowns and reboots.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 11:08 PM   #5
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

update on my situation. I cant even add bookmarks to my firefox. Still having the same problem. Any ideas guys?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 11:11 PM   #6
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Update again... reinstalled firefox... still same outcome. Still have no bookmarks and cannot seem to add a bookmark.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 01:33 AM   #7
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

An update from me too. While I thought I had my bookmarks. I had in fact lost all my new ones. I could create new ones. To fix this I went into C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and deleted the current bookmarks.html and replaced it with the older intact bookmarks file from the bookmarksbackups folder. Everything seems ok now.

Tygerwoody, perhaps you could try making a backup of your bookmarkbackups, uninstalling Firefox, deleting the folder i mention above and reinstalling. Sounds like your Firefox profile could be nuked.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 09:16 AM   #8
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
An update from me too. While I thought I had my bookmarks. I had in fact lost all my new ones. I could create new ones. To fix this I went into C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and deleted the current bookmarks.html and replaced it with the older intact bookmarks file from the bookmarksbackups folder. Everything seems ok now.

Tygerwoody, perhaps you could try making a backup of your bookmarkbackups, uninstalling Firefox, deleting the folder i mention above and reinstalling. Sounds like your Firefox profile could be nuked.
so where are my bookmark backsup? Never knew it made backups.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-07, 01:45 PM   #9
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
so where are my bookmark backsup? Never knew it made backups.
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8n4ck2vp.default\boo kmarkbackups\

They should be there, just click import on the bookmarks thing in firefox.

Mine did it the other day when I had to hit the reset button.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 08:14 PM   #10
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8n4ck2vp.default\boo kmarkbackups\

They should be there, just click import on the bookmarks thing in firefox.

Mine did it the other day when I had to hit the reset button.
Can i have your babies? That worked!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 11:32 PM   #11
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

update... ok that worked for getting back my old bookmarks. However, I still cannot add new bookmarks....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 11:58 PM   #12
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Firefox being stupid ... as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
update... ok that worked for getting back my old bookmarks. However, I still cannot add new bookmarks....
ctrl+D doesnt work? Show me a pic of your setup.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firefox 13.0 Final DSC General Software 1 06-09-12 11:04 PM
Firefox 14.0 Beta 6 News Archived News Items 0 06-07-12 07:50 AM
May browser usage: Firefox users still avoiding updates News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 08:30 PM
Firefox 13.0 News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 09:00 AM
Firefox 13.0 Beta 7 News Archived News Items 0 06-02-12 10:40 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.