Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-07, 10:18 AM   #1
lukrad
*BANNED*

Default Question regarding to Opteron 175?

I got this CPU and i have a little problem. It's overclocked up to 2700MHz@1.375 voltage, 1:1 DDR500@250Mhz 1T. The system screams. I torturted it for 24hours no single problem. But, when i shut down computer and i wait for a couple of hours to cool down...it won't post...so my mobo resets all the setting, and then i have to go into BIOS to put the settings back. It same happens with stock settings. I heard about thing called cold bugged CPU? What is it mean? When i fire up my computer CPU is about 28-30C. This doesn't happen if i play games, then i shut down and then i decide to fire up machine again in like 20 minutes. Only if it was off for longer period of time. It really sucks. Is there any solution for it, or i have to live with it. I have a feeling this CPU can go up o 3.0Ghz with no problem. Default voltage is 1.35, i have it on 1.375 to be safe. As I said it's running right now at 2.75Ghz
lukrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 04:03 PM   #2
Kerrysucks

Default Re: Question regarding to Opteron 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukrad
I got this CPU and i have a little problem. It's overclocked up to 2700MHz@1.375 voltage, 1:1 DDR500@250Mhz 1T. The system screams. I torturted it for 24hours no single problem. But, when i shut down computer and i wait for a couple of hours to cool down...it won't post...so my mobo resets all the setting, and then i have to go into BIOS to put the settings back. It same happens with stock settings. I heard about thing called cold bugged CPU? What is it mean? When i fire up my computer CPU is about 28-30C. This doesn't happen if i play games, then i shut down and then i decide to fire up machine again in like 20 minutes. Only if it was off for longer period of time. It really sucks. Is there any solution for it, or i have to live with it. I have a feeling this CPU can go up o 3.0Ghz with no problem. Default voltage is 1.35, i have it on 1.375 to be safe. As I said it's running right now at 2.75Ghz
Cold-bugged only refers to people who put their systems under phase-change cooling. You don't have to worry about that.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that your CMOS battery might be dead.
Kerrysucks is offline   Reply With Quote