Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-07, 12:47 PM   #25
evilchris

Default Re: returning 360 today or tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
I can understand you Nekro! I rarely ever use the 360 and the only reason why Im keeping it is because Im waiting for Forza 2. Im also considering the HD-DVD drive since its cheap and works on the PC as well, but thats about it. I prefer PC gaming hands down, it has all games I like to play and at least Im using it more than 3h every two weeks.
I'm the exact opposite. A PC game I'm interested in comes out about every 3 years.
Old 01-16-07, 12:51 PM   #26
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
I'm the exact opposite. A PC game I'm interested in comes out about every 3 years.
Good for you. Im happy that you can enjoy your console.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 01:03 PM   #27
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
for me, its guild wars as the only thing that keeps me even having a pc in the house. and its not a super-great pc at all, just good enough for guild wars.

and i love the Wii
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 01:06 PM   #28
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Yeah I was the same hardcore PC gamer, and it was hard at the beginning to switch from a Keyboard and Mouse to a Game Controller but eventually I got use to it. I love my console now, and I barely use my PC. Its just a different experience, lounging on your couch in front of your HDTV and playing your games. So far my favorite games have been GoW, COD2, Need for Speed and Marvel Heroes, but there are plenty of games coming over like Bioshock, UT2k7, Crysis,.. etc. etc. so I really think is great to switch from console to PC. I also love the Media Market place. Being able to download movies on the go its a great option. When I have parties now I can play all my music now from my 360 . I dont have to drag my laptop to the living room or try to conect my ipod on those little IPOD expendable speakers. BTW you can buy a third party USB HUB that allows you to plug in keyboard and a mouse to your 360 if you really can not get use to the controller.

But if you are keeping your console in your room where your PC is and you just purchased it for PGR3 than you might as well return it. PGR3 wasn't really my favorite game.

Cheers!
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 01:11 PM   #29
Buenamos

that's cool, one less noob to own on xbox live.
Gaming PC: KOOLANCE PC3-410BK / SILVERSTONE ST70F 700W Modular / Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 / Swiftech Apogee GT Block /Asus P5Q Pro / 2x2gb 1066 G-Skill / EVGA GTX570 / 2 x Asus VH242 1080p monitors / Audigy Xi-Fi Platinum / Seagate 160gb HDD / Seagate 500gb HDD

Laptop: Inspiron 1520 15.4" LCD/ Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2ghz) / 2 gb RAM / 8600m GT / 80gb HDD / N Wireless / Blue Tooth

Media Center: AMD 4400+ / 2 gb OCZ Platinum / EVGA 9800gt / Audigty 2ZS / 42" LG 1080p 120hz / 3 x 1.5tb HDDs

Xbox 360 / Wii
Buenamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 01:17 PM   #30
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
I can understand you Nekro! I rarely ever use the 360 and the only reason why Im keeping it is because Im waiting for Forza 2. Im also considering the HD-DVD drive since its cheap and works on the PC as well, but thats about it. I prefer PC gaming hands down, it has all games I like to play and at least Im using it more than 3h every two weeks.
well if forza2 comes out to be good, i can still re-purchase 360, but there is no point to keeping it at this point and collecting dust

I was actually thinking about getting that HD-DVD add-on, hook it up to my PC, have to DVI cables, one going ot my monitor, and one going to my 37 inch HDTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Sounds like the PS3 would have been a better choice for you.

As far as racing and RPGs go, PS3 will have the FF series as well as my favorite racing series, Gran Turismo.
PS3 is even worse, i would never buy PS3, i tried FF few times, i never liked a single FF game. NWN, NWN2, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, KOTOR, Jade Empire, Deus Ex, Vampire Bloodlines, those are my type of RPGs, i hate Asian RPGs, art style, story line, just not my cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog
I used to be a hardcore pc gamer, but now with the 360, I have almost given up pc gaming. I love the comfort of lying on the couch and playing on the big screen as opposed to sitting rigid and almost up close to the monitor and playing on the pc. Also the fact that you have to keep spending money constantly to keep playing pc games at the best settings.

If you want to know how much I am enjoying console gaming on the 360, look at my signature. I just downgraded from a 8800 gts because I see no value in it!!!!
That doesn't really bother me, you have to pay for quality.

Quote:
Just curious, does a game have to be exclusive to be good?

I never understood that line of thinking....
any game that comes out on multiplatform, PC version is always my first choice, there is no point of Playing TDU on 360, when i have TDU beta (soon final) on PC. PC is my platform of choice.

But I did gave 360 a chance,
Old 01-16-07, 01:18 PM   #31
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Your foolish returning equally as buying it just to play PGR3.

Sorry to say this guys, but enthusiast PC Gamers have something severely wrong with them. I use to be one of them, I admit it.

Buying endless hardware to get very few new games, and when they do come along have to wait for patch after patch, struggling with new drivers etc to find the performance still aint on parr with the newest console in an entertainment sense.

Now HDTV is common ground, console gaming is the way forward.
Atleast until decent 32" + sized PC screens come about.

Right.... game releases for next month alone one the 360. Let's see.....

Crackdown, Battlestations Midway, Blitz and GTR.

March is panned to have Stranglehold, Forza 2, Resident Evil 5, Medal of Honor Airborne, Metronome, GRAW2 ...(And a version that actually works , doesn't look fugly and the fun of Xbox Live to go with it.) , Mass Effect (Crazy looking RPG / Shooter) , Army of Two, The Darkness, Kane and Lynch Deadmen (Makers of Hitman), Alone In the Dark, Golden Axe (Wahoo!), Frontlines, Too Human, Shadowrun.....

Then we're onto April ......

C&C3 is also coming to the 360 and looks absolutely ace, keeps a fluent framerate too from what I can see. Shame the PC rarely does the same on any given setup.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 01:32 PM   #32
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Sorry to say this guys, but enthusiast PC Gamers have something severely wrong with them. I use to be one of them, I admit it.
And your proving that Console Gamers are just as bad as PC Gamers... Everyone has their own personal preference...

I take the easy route... I own a good PC Rig and all the consoles... sure I prefer the Playstation line but I can get any game thats good and I would enjoy rather then fighting with people online on how one game is dumb down on a system or another.

Old 01-16-07, 01:54 PM   #33
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
And your proving that Console Gamers are just as bad as PC Gamers... Everyone has their own personal preference...

I take the easy route... I own a good PC Rig and all the consoles... sure I prefer the Playstation line but I can get any game thats good and I would enjoy rather then fighting with people online on how one game is dumb down on a system or another.
i really gave it a shot, i tried about 60-70% of the demos on xbox live. only one that actually kept me playing was dead or alive, I haven't played a fighting game in very long time.
Old 01-16-07, 01:55 PM   #34
|MaguS|

Keep the console and get Virtua Fighter 5 when it releases on the X360, untill then you can play Doom on Xbox Live!
Old 01-16-07, 01:57 PM   #35
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

this may seem dumb, but I really like Lego Star Wars II. Granted you could get it for the PC, but I still enjoying my 360 version. It was a nice break from shooters and WoW.

I liked PGR3, kind of surprised to see so much negativity for it.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 02:16 PM   #36
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Gears of War isn't a "worthy" exclusive? Call of Duty 3?
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote