Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-07, 02:20 PM   #37
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: returning 360 today or tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
Gears of War isn't a "worthy" exclusive? Call of Duty 3?
Gears yes. CoD 3 no.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 02:20 PM   #38
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Psh, or a Wii!
Fanboy.

To argue the accuracy point on PC vs. Console. PC Gamers are hitbox oriented players, ie. headshot (or BOOM HEADSHOT). Console gamers, eh...shoot them a few times in the chest or hit them with a rocket launcher and you win. Which is more fun is up to each player.

I think the 360 is still in it's infancy, looking at all the features that Vista & Windows Home Server will provide alongside the 360, it's looking to become a bigger player in both the multimedia home and gamer realm.

Sorry to hear the 360 didn't work out nekro...

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 02:25 PM   #39
flukester
*BANNED*

This is just a bait thread from someone not too intelligent. Likely staged cuz of the 'other' threads where people are dissing PC...Glad you returned it after simply playing 1 game... Maybe now someone else can get your Xbox 360 at a reduced price and actually know how to use it. roflmao.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 02:29 PM   #40
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
C&C3 is also coming to the 360 and looks absolutely ace, keeps a fluent framerate too from what I can see. Shame the PC rarely does the same on any given setup.
Only because it's easier to develop and optimize to a locked platform. Nearly every PC is different in someway (software, hardware, etc.). Not to mention many people don't know the first thing about how to get their system running as fast as it should be, and many are pleasantly oblivious to how fast it could be.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 03:20 PM   #41
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth
Only because it's easier to develop and optimize to a locked platform. Nearly every PC is different in someway (software, hardware, etc.). Not to mention many people don't know the first thing about how to get their system running as fast as it should be, and many are pleasantly oblivious to how fast it could be.
I've been building systems for over ten years, and the same annoyances have been throughout. The only real time I felt I got a good return for my investment was when 3DFX first came about and Voodoo 2.

There's been some moments since then, but nothing that stands out asmuch.

It's crazy that you can pull off GOW type performance from a £300 console, you couldn't even get a top line graphics card for that let alone the rest of the system.

Unoptimised and buggy game releases are getting more and more frequent, and no matter how well setup your system might be, it makes no difference.

I'd like to see QA on the PC platform to atleast match that of the 360 before anything gets put out, i'm hoping Vista helps that along.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 03:42 PM   #42
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
This is just a bait thread from someone not too intelligent. Likely staged cuz of the 'other' threads where people are dissing PC...Glad you returned it after simply playing 1 game... Maybe now someone else can get your Xbox 360 at a reduced price and actually know how to use it. roflmao.
Idiots like you are giving console crowd a bad name, if you would read what I wrote; I tried more then one game, how about 60-70% of demos that are posted on xbox live sound to you?

Know how to use it? What is there to know, open tray and play, even childish people like you know how to use it.

And I haven't returned it; I said I will return it today or tomorrow.

btw, if you are talking about some threads started by another "intelligent" individual, I bought the 360 before those threads started, I bought because I really wanted to give it a try, and ended up disappointed, thatís why its going back to the store.
Old 01-16-07, 04:26 PM   #43
top3koms

I am quite happy playing games on both ,though it seems that as of late most of the pc games that I would be interested in keep getting pushed back (no-thx EA) .I figure I'll spend the next month or so messing with Vista and hopefully ,eventually one of the few games (Crysis ,ET:QW, Bioshock) I am looking forward to will finally be released.Until then I have plenty to play with GOW and Lost Planet.
Intel X25-M 80Gb SSD - WD Black 500Gb /LG DVD-RW
Silverstone DA1000 / Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Coolermaster Stacker 830 / Alienware AW2310
NVIDIA 3D Vision
top3koms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 04:39 PM   #44
Lyme

Nek I'm still going to standby my position in the previous thread, you shoulden't get a 360 and now that you did, you should return it. It simply isn't something that you want, and I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Thankfully I really like my 360.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-07, 04:39 PM   #45
flukester
*BANNED*

In that 3 weeks time, i used it for about 2-3 hours, maybe 4.

DUH... I'll stick to my post. This thread is nothing but to incite negativity towards Xbox, and now ur into flame mode. Do us all a favor, return it.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 05:11 PM   #46
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

if anyone want PGR3, i can sell it, 15 bucks shipped
Old 01-16-07, 06:13 PM   #47
OWA

But...but...but, I just added you as a friend recently. How can you do this to me?
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 06:18 PM   #48
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I understand what you're saying nekro. I too had a 360 plus only one game (DOA4) and rarely touched it for months, I found I used the old xbox more for media.

That changed after I picked up Gears of War and even more so after I gave Saint's Row a chance. I have been glued to my 360 for weeks.

If I were you I would return the console. Appears you aren't enjoying it right now. If an exclusive game comes along that takes your fancy (Mass Effect perhaps) then re buying would probably net you a better bundle and price.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote