Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-07, 06:46 PM   #49
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: returning 360 today or tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
But...but...but, I just added you as a friend recently. How can you do this to me?
sorry dude, you can remove me, console is returned

and crainger only game so far that might make me re-buy 360 would be Forza2, but i need to really try it better buy it. PGR3 was a huge disapoitment, i had fun in PGR2. Like i said before, i did play PGR3 before at friends, it was fun for few quick races, but the way they had the career set-up, just doesn't work, you get bored while playing the career.

btw, mass effects won't make buy 360, why, well PC version is on the way.
Old 01-16-07, 07:03 PM   #50
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13

btw, mass effects won't make buy 360, why, well PC version is on the way.
No, it isn't.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 07:36 PM   #51
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh
No, it isn't.
yes it is, don't post BS, if you don't know what you are talking about

Quote:
John Blog has news that Mass Effect coming to PC in 2007. Not officially anounced by BioWare yet but you can be safe in the knowledge the PC Gamer UK is a trust worthy source and would never have taken this to press if it were false:
Mass Effect will come to PC (it's currently only announced for Xbox 360): it's not been officially confirmed but we have it on good authority. It's been three years since a BioWare developed game hit the PC: Mass Effect is a forceful reminder of why that's too damn long.

Old 01-16-07, 08:03 PM   #52
Rakeesh

I just received my $5 copy of gears of war today. I got it with the intention of selling it since I don't own a 360. But then I keep hearing how good of a game it is which is making me think twice. But I really don't want to buy a 360 just for this one game, and this thread confirms that thought.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 08:15 PM   #53
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I just received my $5 copy of gears of war today. I got it with the intention of selling it since I don't own a 360. But then I keep hearing how good of a game it is which is making me think twice. But I really don't want to buy a 360 just for this one game, and this thread confirms that thought.
just because i and few other people don't like it, you should try it your self.

I'm personally very unimpressed.
Old 01-16-07, 08:18 PM   #54
Arioch

Yep, all 360 games suck except for GoW.

Seriously though, some of my favorite games on the system since I got it are both COD games, Burnout Revenge, Saint's Row, Condemned, Kameo, Test Drive:Unlimited, Dead Rising, Oblivion, and GoW of course.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 08:20 PM   #55
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
Yep, all 360 games suck except for GoW. :P
seems like it, to bad that GoW simply is not my type of a game, and not my type of controls.

well DOA4 is decent
Old 01-16-07, 08:27 PM   #56
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
Yep, all 360 games suck except for GoW.

Seriously though, some of my favorite games on the system since I got it are both COD games, Burnout Revenge, Saint's Row, Condemned, Kameo, Test Drive:Unlimited, Dead Rising, Oblivion, and GoW of course.
Thats a great list. I personally would add Rainbow 6:Vegas (I'm addicted to it!), Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Fight Night and Ghost Recon.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-07, 09:15 PM   #57
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
just because i and few other people don't like it, you should try it your self.

I'm personally very unimpressed.
Yeah but I am not terribly impressed with consoles either. Besides, if I use this game, then I have to break the seal decreasing its value. If I ever get a 360, that would be years from now when it is so cheap that its a non issue, and I can probably just buy the game again for the same price I bought it for now. Just if I sell it right now I can make a huge profit. Or I can even return it to wal-mart for full price.

I am not sure I ever will try it though, namely because I am not at all interested in FPS games on consoles. No keyboard, no mouse, not interested. I've tried the FPS games that supposedly "play well" without a keyboard and mouse before, and they really don't.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 09:25 PM   #58
Connaught

When Froza 2 comes out will you re-buy the 360? How about CM: DIRT, PGR4, or Burnout 5?
Or Maybe Fable 2 will tickle your fancy....Too Human anyone?

Seems like a short sighted move to return your console base on 1 game and a few demo's...Did you try Kameo..the demo's do not reflect the whole game...truely outstanding and immersive setting.

Poor decision is my vote.
Connaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 09:30 PM   #59
rabblerouser

I bought a 360 several months ago.

With it, I bought Fight Night Rd 3. I spent hours playing that game in single player and against friends. Great fun. I also downloaded classic arcade games like Galaga.

However, I haven't been playing the 360 for the last few months and I haven't got any other 360 games. I bought Gears of War after all the hype. The graphics are great but I couldn't get into the game and returned it. I didn't like the controls either - both for Gears of War and the COD 2 demo. Oblivion I tried on the PC and it's not my type of game. I'm not into racing games either. I guess I only really am into fighting games on the console, because you can't get them on the PC.

My favorite game genres are FPS, RTS, and a bit of WoW.

I use my 360 these days mainly as a DVD player. I'll probably upgrade to the HD DVD player sometime this year. If any other games come out that get a lot of hype, I'll rent first before buying.

I bought the 360 because I was sicking of upgrading my PC and I thought that I would adapt to the controller for FPS's, but sadly that didn't happen. I didn't have the patience I don't think.

I would love it if I could use a keyboard and mouse with the 360 for gaming. Then I could play a lot of new games without having to upgrade my PC. I don't care about lounging on the couch with an xbox controller. That would be nice but I'd just as happily sit with the keyboard and mouse on the coffee table while playing or kick back on the sofa with a small board on my lap for the keyboard and mouse. If MS would enable that, I'd use the 360 a heck of a lot more.

Otherwise, it's back to upgrading my PC for games like Crysis...
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 09:37 PM   #60
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

rabblerouser to be fair, there is a unofficial keyboard/mouse adapter for 360, but but, there is always a catch

it works now, well i'm quite sure you can't buy it still, there was simular adapter on Xbox, and MS started baning people, MS didn't support that adater, i believe same will happen with this new one, people playing with controllers will be getting slaughters by people with the adapter, complains will start to fly, and thats will be the end of the story

i was also considering keeping it for the HD-DVD add-on, but i can do the same on PC, and have two DVI cables, one to the monitor, and second to HDTV, just switch primary displays