Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: whats your initial impression of the burning crusades for WOW
its great!!! 17 56.67%
its ok 3 10.00%
completely sucked 5 16.67%
waiting for the influx of people to pass so that i can check it out. 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-07, 09:02 AM   #1
retsam

Talking (WOW burning crusades) Today is the day of days

ok guys, lets hear your first impressions, i have yet to pick it up and i dont want to be on with all the rush of people jumping back on this game. i might get it sometime next week to see how it is..so lets hear it...
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 08:38 PM   #2
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: (WOW burning crusades) Today is the day of days

I love it. The greens i've gotten so far have upgraded me big time. LOL! Fun realm.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 08:21 AM   #3
superklye

I...got to level 7 in less than 3 hours with my Blood Elf Paladin last night.

superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 12:32 PM   #4
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I...got to level 7 in less than 3 hours with my Blood Elf Paladin last night.

LOL! LMAO! It takes longer to find the quests in the new newb zone eh. Yeah we got to lvl 10 in 3 hours but we did it later at nite when the lag was much less.

We were in Outland but man it blew chuncks from the lag. We will quest there in a week when it all calms down and people get a few levels up on us. I'm not in any hurry to get to 70. I want to take my time and do all the new things there are to do. I want to enjoy this rather than slam through it and be dissatisfied.
Old 01-17-07, 12:52 PM   #5
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
LOL! LMAO! It takes longer to find the quests in the new newb zone eh. Yeah we got to lvl 10 in 3 hours but we did it later at nite when the lag was much less.

We were in Outland but man it blew chuncks from the lag. We will quest there in a week when it all calms down and people get a few levels up on us. I'm not in any hurry to get to 70. I want to take my time and do all the new things there are to do. I want to enjoy this rather than slam through it and be dissatisfied.
Haha, yeah, I was just soloing and I had to spend so much time just camping waiting for respawns.

The idiots in that game and what they say is just mind-blowing. And people were whispering asking for money and where they could get a sword.

I was like, "Wtf?" no." and then "At a weaponsmith, n00b."

Idiots I tells ya.
Old 01-17-07, 01:10 PM   #6
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Haha, yeah, I was just soloing and I had to spend so much time just camping waiting for respawns.

The idiots in that game and what they say is just mind-blowing. And people were whispering asking for money and where they could get a sword.

I was like, "Wtf?" no." and then "At a weaponsmith, n00b."

Idiots I tells ya.
LMAO! I turn all wispers off when I am in the noob zone. I only have party chat going.

Did you make a blood elf? If you did then did you kill Mmmrrrggglll! LOL I loved that name for that big orange murlock.
Old 01-17-07, 02:03 PM   #7
superklye

Yeup, Blood Elf am I. I received the quest to kill that Murloc but haven't gotten to it yet. Tonight for sure...

I'm so glad I graduated so I don't have to worry if, on some random weeknight, I lose 6 hours to this game.
Old 01-17-07, 08:33 PM   #8
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

I love it! At first, it was a bit crowded, but after the initial hype things calmed down and it was playable. The new areas are very nicely done, I think they did a good job of fitting it into an already existing world. Apparently some people love it more than others, I know a guy on Terenas who has yet to log off since its Midnight release.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-07, 01:09 AM   #9
glObalist
working as intended

Ummm so now Allies get a shaman and Horde have a paladin (and an elf at that)!? ZOMG, where is this game coming to!?
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 01:35 PM   #10
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
I love it! At first, it was a bit crowded, but after the initial hype things calmed down and it was playable. The new areas are very nicely done, I think they did a good job of fitting it into an already existing world. Apparently some people love it more than others, I know a guy on Terenas who has yet to log off since its Midnight release.
I am waiting till the bulk of people get past 62. Every place I go it is over farmed. It drives me nuts. I just want to quest at my own pace. So I'll do real questing this evening.

Did you see a guy on a european server hit 70 yesterday? What a joke. I want to take my time and enjoy the game for the first run.

BTW all the gear that has dropped so far is better than MC gear. That friking rocks. LOL
Old 01-18-07, 02:03 PM   #11
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Did you see a guy on a european server hit 70 yesterday? What a joke. I want to take my time and enjoy the game for the first run.
28 hours...ridiculous.
Old 01-18-07, 02:37 PM   #12
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
28 hours...ridiculous.
Yeah but that's with his whole guild helping him.

I decided I would give it a try, picking it up after work today. I agree with taking time to enjoy it. I'm going take my time and do quests, I'm tired of the exp grinding of the past, and instance grinding (RIP MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx/ZG). Though I hear there is still rep grinding, *sigh*. If it's not one thing it's another.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote