Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: whats your initial impression of the burning crusades for WOW
its great!!! 17 56.67%
its ok 3 10.00%
completely sucked 5 16.67%
waiting for the influx of people to pass so that i can check it out. 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-07, 03:18 PM   #13
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: (WOW burning crusades) Today is the day of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth
Yeah but that's with his whole guild helping him.

I decided I would give it a try, picking it up after work today. I agree with taking time to enjoy it. I'm going take my time and do quests, I'm tired of the exp grinding of the past, and instance grinding (RIP MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx/ZG). Though I hear there is still rep grinding, *sigh*. If it's not one thing it's another.
I do not rep grind. I don't care about the goodies they can give.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 04:29 PM   #14
Phyre

The expansion is really nice, and I'm enjoying it. It came when I was out of town for work though. I still got a copy and was able to play it on the laptop. I just wish I had more time to level. But, I'm content with leveling at my own pace. Working makes leveling a bit harder; I just imagine being in college again though. *le sigh*

I liked going into the Hellfire Citadel too. I don't know if it's just me, but the thing seems like a relief. The place just goes by quickly. I don't know if that is by design or doing quests with end-game guildies.

Phyre

EDIT: I signed as my Rogue. Doh!
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 04:39 PM   #15
superklye

What the hell is "rep grinding"?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 04:48 PM   #16
Scunner
Veni, Vidi, Calcitro Anus

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
What the hell is "rep grinding"?
Reputation or faction grinding. Doing those sh!tty repetitive turn-in quests to increase your reputation with Argent Dawn, etc.

I'm loving the expansion so far. I levelled a Blood Elf Mage to 10 in about three hours and managed to run to the Ruins of Andorhal in WPL before a spider got me.

I spent most of the evening yesterday in Hellfire Peninsula questing. I was completely pissed when I completed a quest to (get this) place torch beacons under four towers at an orc camp, and was rewarded with a blue chest piece which was BETTER than my Robe of the Archmage!!!!! I went to LBRS until I was sick of it before the pattern dropped for me. Then I had to farm the materials for it! Boggles the mind what the Outland instances will drop.

Edit: yay, 400th post. :P
Scunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 05:26 PM   #17
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scunner
Reputation or faction grinding. Doing those sh!tty repetitive turn-in quests to increase your reputation with Argent Dawn, etc.

I'm loving the expansion so far. I levelled a Blood Elf Mage to 10 in about three hours and managed to run to the Ruins of Andorhal in WPL before a spider got me.

I spent most of the evening yesterday in Hellfire Peninsula questing. I was completely pissed when I completed a quest to (get this) place torch beacons under four towers at an orc camp, and was rewarded with a blue chest piece which was BETTER than my Robe of the Archmage!!!!! I went to LBRS until I was sick of it before the pattern dropped for me. Then I had to farm the materials for it! Boggles the mind what the Outland instances will drop.

Edit: yay, 400th post. :P
So you changed your opinion from just ok to your loving it? That's cool. I will say this expansion did just that for this game. It made the World of Warcraft world HUGE! There is so much content in this game and you can actually park your self at lvl 60 for a bit and get good gear or go all the way. WoW really is the best MMO bar none. I know some people hate WoW but I for one love it. I tried to quit the game 4 times but I always came back. I am sure I will be playing this game at least through the summer.
Old 01-18-07, 07:32 PM   #18
Scunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
So you changed your opinion from just ok to your loving it? That's cool.
Yep. I spent the first day or so as a newbie Blood Elf. It was fun, but nowhere near the visceral excitement that came from questing in Outland, and having those stand-off PVP will-they-or-won't-they moments. The respawn rate atm is perfect, no doubt because of the increase in players.

I completely and accidentally whacked an undead mage with my staff in the large canyon with the wind-somethingorother beasts which then escalated into a PVP bloodbath with 16-or-so on each side. Fantastic. At the end we (Horde & Alliance) all paused, laughed, and went back to questing.

I quit the game over the summer, but after 5 minutes on Ventrilo with some workmates, I'm baaaaaack!
Old 01-19-07, 12:42 AM   #19
glObalist
working as intended

Still... Must... Resist... Playing... Still... Must... Resist... Playing... There are far better things to life... Are... There...? Must... Resist... Playing.....
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 03:01 PM   #20
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Haven't had time to start a new toon, having to much damn fun on my main. Its like starting new, only knowing what you're doing
The new content is great, and the gear to go with it is just super great ...hehe
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-07, 05:16 PM   #21
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
Haven't had time to start a new toon, having to much damn fun on my main. Its like starting new, only knowing what you're doing
The new content is great, and the gear to go with it is just super great ...hehe
I got green drops better than MC gear. I'm friking happy. Now you see people decked out in MC gear and I can kick their ass. People's gear has changed so much that you have a chance in pvp now. I FRIKING LOVE IT!
Old 01-20-07, 01:43 PM   #22
superklye

Is it just me or do the blood elf starting quests give a LOT of XP?

And Jewelcrafting seems incredibly overpowered.

But neither of those bother me.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 02:26 PM   #23
Scunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
Its like starting new, only knowing what you're doing
My sentiments exactly!

And I started another bloodbath in that bird canyon again. This time deliberately!
Old 01-20-07, 03:48 PM   #24
hirantha
SUC SUDO

new wow for a monthly fee? nah i think i will stick with GW..

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote