Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-09-03, 11:45 AM   #1
jnik

Default nForce2 and non-nVidia cards

Has there been any word from nVidia on the complete lack of 3D support for non-nVidia cards with their nForce2 drivers? I'm seriously tempted by the nForce2 boards but not if I'm locked into nVidia-only cards for all time.

(Reference: http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...12.3/0067.html)
jnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-03, 04:23 PM   #2
erwos

The problem is not technically nVidia's - the maintainer of AGPGART needs to throw together support for the nForce2. Now, if nVidia has been witholding documentation, that's problematic. I've not heard either way. You'd think it would be relatively simple to submit a patch, though.

-Erwos
erwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 10:50 AM   #3
jnik

I'm pretty sure nVidia isn't providing any documentation. They are providing an AGPGART-style driver so apparently they consider that to be their "support"; it just only works with nVidia cards.
jnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 01:48 AM   #4
suexec

The problem would appear to be on nVidia's side and not the maintainer of agpgart. I received an email response from the agpgart maintainer saying that his emails to nVidia have been ignored.

Quote:
Originally posted by erwos
The problem is not technically nVidia's - the maintainer of AGPGART needs to throw together support for the nForce2. Now, if nVidia has been witholding documentation, that's problematic. I've not heard either way. You'd think it would be relatively simple to submit a patch, though.

-Erwos
suexec is offline   Reply With Quote