Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-18-07, 11:53 AM   #1
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Sony CEO PR... haha

Linky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Stringer
I think we have 20 games out there. I assume we're going to increase the number of games.

Lost in the shuffle is the fact that the current games that are out there are only using about 20 percent to 25 percent of the bandwidth. Once the publishers' excitement reaches a level of intensity that they start using more of the bandwidth, that will create additional excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Stringer
Do you think the PlayStation 3 might become a vehicle for other applications or other forms of entertainment?
Stringer: Absolutely. Despite understandable concern about the cost--the whole purpose of PlayStation 3 is to create future opportunities. The early anxiety is that the Cell chip is expensive for consumer electronics applications. But prices come down, and for the first time in the last few months the Cell chip group is beginning to come up with Cell applications that are quite exciting. And I don't mean just the Stanford supercomputer (type of application), but beyond that. We're clearly at the stage where the opportunities for that high-powered processor are gathering momentum.
*gasp* cancer curing apps?

sony pr is definately t3h win

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 12:26 PM   #2
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: Sony CEO PR... haha

Howard Stringer and the rest of Sony's head honchos should just STFU when it comes to technical figures or details. Mr. Stringer is clueless when it comes to anything related to the PS3's abilities. What does bandwidth have to do with the PS3? Is the PS3 now a DSL modem or something??
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 12:39 PM   #3
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Glad I'm not the only one that was chuckling at those statements. Did you see how many quotes that Sony PR dept. had to call back and correct or gloss over?

Good stuff.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 12:43 PM   #4
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
What does bandwidth have to do with the PS3? Is the PS3 now a DSL modem or something??
huh? you know like gpu/cpu bandwidth lol.

anyways stringer is a joke, he doesnt even run the ps3 stuff. the only sony rep I respect is harrison. The rest can stfu.
Old 01-18-07, 12:54 PM   #5
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav
Did you see how many quotes that Sony PR dept. had to call back and correct or gloss over?

Good stuff.
yea i saw that and thought, who is this guy to speak if sony has to correct or "fix" everything he was saying.

he said HD-DVD sold 60,000 discs, they knew he meant add-ons for the 360 and is just a moron

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 01:41 PM   #6
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
huh? you know like gpu/cpu bandwidth lol.

anyways stringer is a joke, he doesnt even run the ps3 stuff. the only sony rep I respect is harrison. The rest can stfu.
Harrison sounds smart but in every interview before and around the time of the PS3 launch he kept saying how Motorstorm is going to be this killer app..... when it wasn't even a launch title. He was basiclaly telling people to wait for Motorstorm to come out. I just think it was a dumb move, he should of been out there hyping Resistance instead.
Old 01-18-07, 02:01 PM   #7
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
Harrison sounds smart but in every interview before and around the time of the PS3 launch he kept saying how Motorstorm is going to be this killer app..... when it wasn't even a launch title. He was basiclaly telling people to wait for Motorstorm to come out. I just think it was a dumb move, he should of been out there hyping Resistance instead.
To be fair, hes probably spent closer time with motorstorm than most or all of the launch titles. Motorstorm was developed right near his HQ of SCEE so if hes more impressed about motorstorm than resistance he probably has a good reason to be. Plus there was a free demo at launch so its not a big deal to make a comment like that. Resistance isnt even 1st party, more like "2nd party" software.

Harrison is easily the smartest and well spoken reps working @ sony imo. He actually thinks before he speaks sort to speak. And by well spoken, I mean he can make something boring turn into something pretty interesting just by how he explains something. Besides...Nothing good comes from when kaz, kutaragi, stringer, or dille speaks.
Old 01-18-07, 02:10 PM   #8
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
To be fair, hes probably spent closer time with motorstorm than most or all of the launch titles. Motorstorm was developed right near his HQ of SCEE so if hes more impressed about motorstorm than resistance he probably has a good reason to be. Plus there was a free demo at launch so its not a big deal to make a comment like that. Resistance isnt even 1st party, more like "2nd party" software.

Harrison is easily the smartest and well spoken reps working @ sony imo. He actually thinks before he speaks sort to speak. And by well spoken, I mean he can make something boring turn into something pretty interesting just by how he explains something. Besides...Nothing good comes from when kaz, kutaragi, stringer, or dille speaks.
Just admit it Bad_Boy, you have a bald-man fetish.

Old 01-18-07, 02:12 PM   #9
|MaguS|

Quote:
Resistance isnt even 1st party, more like "2nd party" software.
Actually its completly 3rd Party. Insomiac is not related to Sony at all, they just prefer Sony over other publishers and consoles because of the strong ties they have had with them in the past. Sony gives them the DevKits first alot of the times and even shares information on engines and development. Naughty Dog and Insomiac often share alot of information...
Old 01-18-07, 02:12 PM   #10
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

I 'm going to apply for a job as chairman at Sony

I think I can do a better job at throwing bullsh... ehm at promoting products