Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-07, 05:37 PM   #229
michael48

Default Re: beryl black windows bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdoo
Oh I see!! A bit difficult thought!! I use beryl-svn but I installed it with RPMs not compiled it from source!! That's why I cannot find it!!
Tell me something when U run bdm do you set the setting Desktop manager supports viewports=1 or you have it =0?
Desktop manager supports viewports=1, of course, otherwise no different wallpapers...
Old 05-11-07, 05:50 PM   #230
djdoo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael48
Desktop manager supports viewports=1, of course, otherwise no different wallpapers...
It happens only when U use force AIGLX? Listen keep the other 4 settings the same and change force AIGLX to force NVIDIA. Now what happens?
Old 05-11-07, 06:54 PM   #231
michael48

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdoo
It happens only when U use force AIGLX? Listen keep the other 4 settings the same and change force AIGLX to force NVIDIA. Now what happens?
Well, it happens that I am having black windows until I resize them to a very small size, and then they work. But it is almost unusable, because windows have to be VERY small... So better AIGLX, I guess... Most probably NVIDIA takes up much more memory than AIGLX...
Old 05-11-07, 07:14 PM   #232
djdoo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael48
Well, it happens that I am having black windows until I resize them to a very small size, and then they work. But it is almost unusable, because windows have to be VERY small... So better AIGLX, I guess... Most probably NVIDIA takes up much more memory than AIGLX...
I mean with Nvidia mode you have different wallpapers but with AIGLX you don't?
Old 05-11-07, 07:37 PM   #233
djdoo
*BANNED*

Exclamation Re: beryl black windows bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by XomboX
Ouhh, sorry, my mistake. I do have drivers 9755. Actually I can remember that I did not have this problem on Ubuntu Edgy Eft but I do not know which drivers I was runing there.
My black window bugs appears after one or two openend windows.
Give me some more info man!!

Please attach your xorg.conf even your xorg.0.log would be useful!! Attach them both...
What settings do you use in beryl's advanced options? Name them...
Version of beryl?
Did you install 9755 from nvidia's site as I recommended?

Cause I see you have a big problem here!! 2 windows and then black... Awful!!
Old 05-12-07, 07:11 PM   #234
djdoo
*BANNED*

to kriko:
How are you man? Maybe I found something for you! There is a place in the system for graphics tuning that we didn't search a lot! NVreg!
Maybe there is the solution for your problem... attach your /proc/driver/nvidia/registry file to check it out a bit...
Old 05-12-07, 07:20 PM   #235
kriko
openSuSE11

Hello djdoo!
Actually I'm still reading this thread. And here it is (attachment).
What are you exactly looking for? Currently I'm using nvreg for agp fast write (/etc/modprobe.conf.local):
options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1
Attached Files
File Type: gz nv.tar.gz (427 Bytes, 152 views)
Old 05-12-07, 08:25 PM   #236
djdoo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriko
Hello djdoo!
Actually I'm still reading this thread. And here it is (attachment).
What are you exactly looking for? Currently I'm using nvreg for agp fast write (/etc/modprobe.conf.local):
options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1
OK, here's some NVreg options that helped overall performance in my system:

Maybe they can help you using BackingStore cause that Xid stuff I think it means that a graphics procedure took too long to handle so it was cancelled by the driver if to judge by some words netllama gave about it.
So and with the standart that AGP support by Nvidia driver is a bit(not to say a lot) messy (suspend to RAM etc.) here's my suggestion:

In modprobe.conf.local add the following options:

options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1 NVreg_EnableBrightnessControl=1 NVreg_DevicesConnected=1 NVreg_VbiosFromROM=1 NVreg_SaveVBios=1 NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_VideoMemoryTypeOverride=0 NVreg_NvAGP=3 NVreg_ReqAGPRate=8

It is one line and it's typed correctly for opensuse 10.2 just copy and paste!
Something else too, in xorg.conf set option "NvAGP" "3" or just remove the line

Then try BackingStore again and tell me what happened!!

Old 05-13-07, 05:17 AM   #237
kriko
openSuSE11

Hi!
With that line:
Code:
"NvAGP" "3"
you're suggesting me to use agpgart? Because if so, I should remove agp=off from boot options (on 64-bit system you cannot blacklist agpgart, for nvidia drivers to load you have to use agp=off).

I'm going to try this with nvidia agp driver and report later.
Old 05-13-07, 03:59 PM   #238
kriko
openSuSE11

Works fine, until I enable backingstore.
I'll attach new registry output.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nv.tar.gz (422 Bytes, 141 views)
Old 05-14-07, 12:12 AM   #239
djdoo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriko
Hi!
With that line:
Code:
"NvAGP" "3"
you're suggesting me to use agpgart? Because if so, I should remove agp=off from boot options (on 64-bit system you cannot blacklist agpgart, for nvidia drivers to load you have to use agp=off).

I'm going to try this with nvidia agp driver and report later.
agp=off in boot? Is this necessary?? But this doesn't also mean you don't get AGP support at all?? Yes I suggest kernel's agpgart, works much better for me and furthermore remove blacklist of nvidia_agp module cause I found out that it is no use of blacklisting nforce's agp module or use internal nvidia agp.
These steps were reported in an opensuse's wiki in order to use suspend to RAM but the only thing they did for me was to decrease performance of my PC!! The only way I found in order to use suspend to RAM was by not using AGP support or not using Nvidia drivers at all!!
Old 05-14-07, 03:56 AM   #240
kriko
openSuSE11

Quote:
agp=off in boot? Is this necessary?? But this doesn't also mean you don't get AGP support at all??
Yes, on x64 system it seems to be necessary, so it disables integrated agpgart and nvidia agp can load.

Quote:
Yes I suggest kernel's agpgart, works much better for me and furthermore remove blacklist of nvidia_agp module cause I found out that it is no use of blacklisting nforce's agp module or use internal nvidia agp.
These steps were reported in an opensuse's wiki in order to use suspend to RAM but the only thing they did for me was to decrease performance of my PC!! The only way I found in order to use suspend to RAM was by not using AGP support or not using Nvidia drivers at all!!
Here is a bit different story; I got performance boost when using nvidia_agp instead of agpgart. Maybe it is better with current kernel, will try that.
Closed Thread