Default Re: beryl black windows bug

AIGLX uses much more CPU than NVIDIA
Old 05-15-07, 12:13 PM   #242
macemoneta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianzaMan
AIGLX uses much more CPU than NVIDIA
That's because you're running on the CPU instead of (primarily) on the GPU. This is a workaround, not a fix. It allows you to use Beryl until Nvidia fixes the problem, at the cost of CPU and memory resource.
Old 05-15-07, 12:43 PM   #243
Tangamandapiano

I know it's not fixed in the last beta... but is it planned for the next release?

It was already told that it is being worked on, but, please, Netllama, AaronP, zander, anyone from NVIDIA, is there any prevision for when this bug will be fixed?
Old 05-15-07, 03:16 PM   #244
djdoo
*BANNED*

Lightbulb Re: beryl black windows bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangamandapiano
I know it's not fixed in the last beta... but is it planned for the next release?

It was already told that it is being worked on, but, please, Netllama, AaronP, zander, anyone from NVIDIA, is there any prevision for when this bug will be fixed?
Maybe you 're new in this thread my friend but if you search for the last nVidia's post here you will find it 10 pages earlier!!
And it was the all time classic one "Don't Use Beryl for Not Having the Bug"... Excellent!

So try our workaround here in post #167 and report your experiences so to see if we can make it more useful with more finetuning...
I have some new stuff in mind but I 'll tell you later...
Old 05-17-07, 04:59 PM   #245
djdoo
*BANNED*

Hey any news?? Where are you folks?

I have some new stuff from finetuning!!
Along with the suggestion settings I posted in post #167 also check out these stuff!!:
If you have an AGP card add the following options in your modprobe.conf.local or any name this file has in your distro:

options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1 NVreg_EnableBrightnessControl=1 NVreg_DevicesConnected=1 NVreg_VbiosFromROM=1 NVreg_SaveVBios=1 NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_VideoMemoryTypeOverride=0 NVreg_NvAGP=3 NVreg_ReqAGPRate=8

Copy them as they are they are typed correctly! For PCI-X cards I don't know maybe a friend with such card can adjust these options for PCI-X bus. Also try to use agpgart instead of internal nvidia agp if possible.
Old 05-17-07, 05:06 PM   #246
djdoo
*BANNED*

Also something else:
If any friend can make a wiki page in beryl's site is encouraged to do so cause I don't know how to do it!!
If you ari.reads can make it(or anyone else) take my suggestion post#167, my above options for NV_reg and if you like my xorg.conf too in order to be as you said complete enough.

It would be great help for all friends having this problem and can't find our thread...
Old 05-17-07, 10:59 PM   #247
chesterman
Let the **** begins!

Smile Re: beryl black windows bug

hy guys... i'm a newcomer and start to read this thread just today.
i'm using a amd64, but my ubuntu 7.04 is 32bit, with the generic kernel that comes with him. my vga is a pci-e 6200tc
like all of you, i'm having the bwb.

i try the workaround that you have sugested "copy renderizing path" and no_gl_yeld=true. don't solve my problem, but now i can open more than 3 windows without havin bwb.

i didnt notice any performance down, but still really annoying to a minimize window to use another.

i have a am2 x2 4200 2.2ghz oc to 2.46, 2x1gb corsair ddr667 and a evga 6200tc (64onboard + 192tc)

really tks for the tips
hope that nv solve this bug soon =S

ps: i'm brazilian, forgive my poor english
Old 05-18-07, 10:43 AM   #248
kriko
openSuSE11

Hi,chesterman!
Please do as instructed here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=167

Old 05-18-07, 04:51 PM   #249
djdoo
*BANNED*

Hey kriko...
How are you my friend?? Have you tried the Nv_reg stuff and agpgart??
What's your results? Any new ideas maybe for 64bit systems?
Old 05-18-07, 05:34 PM   #250
kriko
openSuSE11

Hi! Yes, I tried nv_reg in combination with agpgart and works flawlessly. However I don't like sluggishness under load with AIGLX, which doesn't shows up when using nvidia rendering platform. But we can't do anything about it, just wait till nvidia fix black window bug. Which will happen..... ?
Old 05-18-07, 05:42 PM   #251
djdoo
*BANNED*

That happens more intensively to your PC cause you can't use BackingStore...

I was reading those posts for Xid stuff and really got thrilled!!!
Those users have really serious problems!! Imagine your PC hanging all the time from nvidia driver, and nvidia cannot do anything cause netllama can't reproduse the problem!!! Awful!!

Anyway... can you make a wiki page for black windows in beryl's site gathering all the info and settings we 've tried so far??
Old 05-18-07, 05:49 PM   #252
djdoo
*BANNED*

Do you think I should add the new nv_reg settings in post #167??
Closed Thread