Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-18-07, 05:42 PM   #13
TiKiMaN1

Default Re: Lame, Sony, very lame

Well Monster cables are liscensed for the 360 as well as some Pioneer Speakers I believe:

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3560

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pione...oductDetail.do
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 05:48 PM   #14
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiKiMaN1
Well Monster cables are liscensed for the 360 as well as some Pioneer Speakers I believe:

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3560
Speakers you don't have to license unless they connect to the console directly... As for those monster cables, if they state they are licensed then good for people who bought them... I am just using my official PS2 cables on my PS3.
Old 01-18-07, 05:50 PM   #15
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
yay! Blast Sony for something that ALL CONSOLE MANUFACTURES DO. Nintendo and Microsoft have the same stance on using none licensed accessories with their consoles. This was discussed at Hardforum when people tried to find another thing to flame Sony on which just backfired because the idiot who posted just wanted to make Sony look bad without doing research.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1145911

And yes unlicensed accessories can hurt your system, my original PSX will not detect any controllers now after using a 3rd party controller...
hey Hex, I see you don't attack you fellow Sony-mate Magus who basically said that you're full of ****.
Old 01-18-07, 05:50 PM   #16
TiKiMaN1

I suppose it is just considering the PS3 does not come with in HDMI it's a rip that you have to buy the Sony version seperately so the warranty does not void.
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 06:11 PM   #17
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

FYI Monster Cable has the following statement in their FAQ section:

"Are Monster Cable Game Cables an officialy Licensed cable?
No, Monster Cable did not feel the extra money, to license the cables, was a good investment. Monster Cable would rather put more money into the technology of the cables. The consumer ultimately ends up with better performance from their game systems."

It seems that the exception is their line of Xbox360 cables which seem to be offically licensed by Microsoft and THX so PS2/3 owners should think twice about use Monster Cable products. As per HDMI, isn't it a standard?!? If it is then you SHOULD be able to use whatever HDMI cable you'd like. I understand Sony's stance on after market cables that try to mimic their proprietary connector but HDMI is a different story.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 06:12 PM   #18
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiKiMaN1
I suppose it is just considering the PS3 does not come with in HDMI it's a rip that you have to buy the Sony version seperately so the warranty does not void.
Ya, but thats how they make money...
Old 01-18-07, 06:14 PM   #19
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Put a VGA cooler other than what Nvidia gives you and your warranty is also void, same with CPU's and its the same way for alot of other products.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 06:15 PM   #20
Hex
Oh smeg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
hey Hex, I see you don't attack you fellow Sony-mate Magus who basically said that you're full of ****.
I dont see him saying that at all.
He is saying that it is not an unheard of thing.
If you would like, all you have to do is make a phone call and you can tell me yourself that I am full of ****.
Or not.

Old 01-18-07, 06:24 PM   #21
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

I am pretty sure that is illegal. I remember there was a law written to prohibit companies from doing this (i.e voiding the warranty when not using sony batteries in a a sony walkman).

Same thing goes for memory HP can't void your warranty for using a generic DIMM, etc...

Anyway, how the hell would they know what cables you are using?
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 06:39 PM   #22
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag

Anyway, how the hell would they know what cables you are using?
They don't, only an idiot would say they were using something that would void their warrenty. I mean if you swapped your cooling on your videocard and then needed to RMA, wouldn't you replace the new one with the original so they don't find out you swapped cooling...
Old 01-18-07, 06:40 PM   #23
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex
I dont see him saying that at all.
He is saying that it is not an unheard of thing.
If you would like, all you have to do is make a phone call and you can tell me yourself that I am full of ****.
Or not.
how do you become a ps3 musketeer? is there some sort of ritual?

wrt to the cables and the PS3, not really a surprise. i mean, hell, would you want to replace someone's $600 console if it went down? i sure as hell wouldnt....
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 06:41 PM   #24
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
how do you become a ps3 musketeer? is there some sort of ritual?
Yes... and you don't want to know... just walk away now... Kutugari is not gentle...