Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-12-03, 03:32 PM   #49
muzz

"AND...for low/mid range cards, looks like Nvidia is spanking ATI. Only the 9500Pro can beat a 5600 and 5200. The value versions of ATI's cards (except the 9500pro) are NOT DX9 compliant and were built on DX8 platform, while ALL of Nvidia's cards will be DX9 compliant (<$100 to $200). Since that is where the card makers make most of their money, guess Nvidia will win again... "

You've got to be kidding me........
First of all the 9500pro has been out for months now, and can be modded for even more performance with ease.....
The funniest part about your argument is while all NV cards will be DX9 compliant.
When would this be?
WILL THEY HAVE ENOUGH HORSEPOWER TO RUN DX9 GAMES ( especially the 5200 which is what NV is stating as a major deal)?
The only info I have is from Tom's, and it is his opinion from testing:
"The gains compared to the GeForce4 MX440-8x are quite clear as well. In the entry-level segment, the FX 5200 Ultra is therefore a good choice. It's not certain, however, as to whether the moderate performance of the card really allows the DirectX 9 features in games to be used. Tests with modern games such as Splinter Cell or Aquanox 2 (internal tests with DX 9 Beta Patch) show that the card is actually too slow for this.

We'll only be able to draw a definite conclusion about the GeForceFX 5600 when ATi launches the new Radeon 9600 series. But compared to the Radeon 9500 PRO (priced about the same, at $199), NVIDIA's mainstream flagship comes up short. In addition, there's the FSAA/ anisotropic image quality of the ATi R3x0 chip, which turned out to be significantly better in our previous test."
The rest can be found here:
http://www17.tomshardware.com/graphi...311/index.html

Just being a DX9 card doesn't mean it is going to be able to do anything with reasonable framerates( unless a slideshow is considered reasonable).. the Ti4200 lays the smack down on both the 5600/5200 in games that will be played by most folks.
Old 03-12-03, 04:12 PM   #50
Slappi
Fanboy to the 576mm2 Pwr

Quote:
Originally posted by StrikerPro
Oh no, that's wrong! 1 million R300-based products were shipped LONG ago, and a week ago or so ATi announced 1 million were actually SOLD!

Wrong .... do some research and get back to me.
Slappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 04:17 PM   #51
nutball
International God of Sex

Quote:
Originally posted by RobHague
If anyone is like me and from the UK, then if you want to pre-order your card (5800 or 5800 Ultra) then check out here...

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/kl.asp?A...ID=1&t=278&l=2

They have Asus, MSI and TerraTec versions. The Asus 5800 Ultra is just 314!
Yes, I saw that. With the range in those prices, I wonder how long they'll last (the high and the low).
Old 03-12-03, 05:46 PM   #52
Lucien1964

Default I know where to the the famed ultra 5800.

At the airport!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	conc.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1024  
Lucien1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 11:08 AM   #53
Myrmecophagavir

Quote:
Originally posted by nutball
Yes, I saw that. With the range in those prices, I wonder how long they'll last (the high and the low).
TerraTec and Gainward's non-ultra seem overly expensive, do they have big software bundles or something? Gainward's ultra is also way too much, but that's the one with the firewire and sound card included isn't it?

Can't see Gainward selling many with both their cards more expensive than the competition.

Edit: Dabs also has a few up.
Myrmecophagavir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 11:22 AM   #54
Lucien1964

Quote:
Originally posted by nrdstrm
What is all this nonsense you guys are talking? I have an FX5800Ultra. It's in my computer right now. Jakkup (also on this forum) has one as well. Both were bought at PC Club. They are EVGA. Personally, I think 55FPS in Doom3 Alpha Leak is pretty damn respectable (5000 on 3dmark2k3 ain't bad either.) Not only that, the drivers have yet to be optimized (the 43.00 are crap, I'm still using the 42.68s). Also, MSI should be releaseing some Ultra's soon as well. True they aren't widely available, but you can find them if your quick on the draw (newegg had the evga last week...all gone now). At any rate, I'm very happy with my purchase...

I admit that I'm no fan of Nvidia cards and I will buy a 9700.But when it comes down to it ,it is what make you happy that counts.If your satisfied with your purchase kudos to you.Congarts on your new card.Now get down to buisness and enjoy it.
Lucien1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 02:13 PM   #55
tamattack

Quote:
Originally posted by StrikerPro
Oh no, that's wrong! 1 million R300-based products were shipped LONG ago, and a week ago or so ATi announced 1 million were actually SOLD!
Quote:
Originally posted by Slappi
Wrong .... do some research and get back to me.
Why don't you prove him wrong then? What's that? Can't? Then why don't you tone it down a bit?

AFAIK, 1 million R300 chips were shipped by November or so (chips only). The recent press release only says that ATI sold 1 million R300 video cards (complete ATI branded video cards).
tamattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 04:39 PM   #56
emailthatguy

Default ?

mods why am i starting to get the feeling that every thread on the board these days is turning into the same thread over and over?

who is better ati or nvidia, discuss it.

can anyone stay on topic?

mods?
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-03, 05:47 PM   #57
tamattack

Default Re: ?

Quote:
Originally posted by emailthatguy
can anyone stay on topic?
Okay, since you asked nicely... here's my on-topic post:

I can't find anyone even advertising GFFX here in Canada, nevermind having it available to buy.
tamattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 05:46 AM   #58
Skinner

Unhappy

Well if someone see's a FX Ultra in stock, please give a call.
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 07:27 AM   #59
Grrrpoop
Wey aye man!

Quote:
Originally posted by nrdstrm
True they aren't widely available, but you can find them if your quick on the draw (newegg had the evga last week...all gone now). At any rate, I'm very happy with my purchase...
I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but consumers shouldn't have to fight and race each other to buy the gfx card they want.

All limited supply does is allow retailers to overcharge, in the end it's the consumer who will suffer.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your card, despite it's faults it's still a damn good performer and as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters
Old 03-14-03, 11:54 AM   #60
ricercar
fugue master

newegg has stock of the PNY GeForce FX Ultra

OEM $410
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ion=14-133-055

Retail $430
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ion=14-133-056

Limit 5 per customer