Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-02-07, 05:55 PM   #13
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"

Send a message via AIM to Dazz
Default Re: Finally a system upgrade.

Everytime i say it works it doesn't lol doing my dead in however after seeing the site that was well pretty much slagging off ASUS i noticed where they said it does not alway clear the BIOS. Now i noticed people have problems are using the 0602 BIOS so downloaded the 0302. They only way to clear the full BIOS is using Ez Flash so launched this from the BIOS and it said my BIOS was 0402? What everything else says 0602 hmm strange. So flashed it to 0302 and lauched not too impressed using unlinked set to 1200MHz FSB and 800MHz memory, would not boot. Just like before, tried 1333MHz : 800Mhz boots just like before used 1.47v and 2.1v memory got into windows like before ran Pi works like before so through hey try Battlefeld 2 after all all that seems to do is Blue screen after about a minuite or so had a couple of game still running. Yay so either it's to do with the BIOS 0602 or it's to do with the part flash as i explained before. Sure i can't use 1200MHz FSB but hey 1333MHz FSB works

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition @ 4.25GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX470
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu PC12800 DDR3
Monitor: LG E2260V-PN Full HD WLED 22" & DELL 20" 2005FPW,
Power: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w PSU
Sound: Logitech Z5500 Digital.
Cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow.
1st Storage: Kingston V100 SSDNow128GB SSD
2nd Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 05:05 AM   #14
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"

Send a message via AIM to Dazz
Default Re: Finally a system upgrade.

FINALLING FIXED IT!!!!

Well i have spent the last 4 days and at least the last 48 hours trying to get the system stable at even defualt clocks and it looks like i have done it, and it wasn't much effot at all. I got my ASUS P5N32-E, Intel Core2 E4300 and Corsair 2GB PC6400 XMSC4D Dominator memory on monday and have been fighting with it ever since. I got BSOD death all the time or it would just freeze or it would fail to boot. My board came with 0602 BIOS as standard and flashing to 0702 gave worse resualts. At first i throught it was my memory, with 0702 the system would freeze at post or BIOS when in dual channel in the white sockets, and would report errors in the blue. Would freeze in the BIOS with blue and white. But both mondules would work in single channel in the first blue socket. So ok no memory as i tested them worked fine, looks like the other 3 sockets on the board are fualty! As i am lazy i could not be bothered to pull the board out so played with it for all i don't know the last 50 HOURS! Anyway used AWDFLASH and gone back to 0602 and found out that all the memory sockets worked, hmm strange. After looking about i came across the article slagging off ASUS, well pretty much and noticed this

Quote:
Asus's BIOS flashing utilities do not perform a full EEPROM flash.
How can you get your CPU Multipliers back ?
You need to flash back to a previous BIOS release ( earlier than BIOS v1707 ) with forcing the BIOS Flashing program to perform a Full EEPROM Flash.
We're preparing a guide for this procedure, for now you can use Asus EZ-Flash utility ( within BIOS ) which works like a charm [ thank God! ]
So throught ok i will try Ez-Flash from the BIOS, downloaded the 0302 BIOS as i noticed people using this BIOS have had no problems! done into the BIOS and used Ez-Flash. Funny thing is the BIOS reads as 0602 and CPU-Z reads it as 0602, however Ez Flash reads the BIOS as 0402?? What never installed that BIOS before so proceeded to flash none the less. Completed it rebooted reset everything to defualt rebooted now overclocking showed the instabiltiy even more so throught what the hell. Set to unlinked 1200MHz/800MHz , bumped up the voltage to 1.39v, memory voltage to 2.025v and 4/4/4/12/T1....... failed to post. Thought well no loss never was able to get it to post with them settings, so thought to try 1333MHz FSB and 800MHz posted well still not impressed it has always done that, gone into windows fine like before, ran Pi fine like before so thought to try out Battlefield 2 which BSODs the PC in under 5 minuites had 2 games no errors or game closing or even BSODs Woha thats something new. So have now overclocked the CPU to FSB 1424Mhz :800MHz which is 3200MHz, a 1400MHz overclock got my flat mate to play BF2 for a while 3 hours and it STILL has not even crashed!!! This may verywell work for the rest of you guys if you manually flash with Ex-Flash from the BIOS and if that still does not work try 0302 BIOS. My system is totily stable now considering this thing would crash before at stock clocks with Internet Explorer!!!. From the sounds or it all the boards are not Fully EEPROM Flashed and has a mix of BIOS versions which is what caused the stability issues!

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition @ 4.25GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX470
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu PC12800 DDR3
Monitor: LG E2260V-PN Full HD WLED 22" & DELL 20" 2005FPW,
Power: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w PSU
Sound: Logitech Z5500 Digital.
Cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow.
1st Storage: Kingston V100 SSDNow128GB SSD
2nd Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote