Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-07, 01:52 PM   #73
Redeemed

Default Re: False and misleading prices on front page, please stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
I R SMRT. I dun no how to oper8 a rebayte.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 07:37 PM   #74
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Bwahahahaha @ this thread!

They guy needs some glasses or something.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 12:24 AM   #75
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
this is hilarious.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was candle_86 or something.
No, candle_86 wasn't a liberal.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 12:53 AM   #76
moriarty99

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Hahahahaha What a tool. He is about to get banned at Rage also for spouting off.

I R SMRT. I dun no how to oper8 a rebayte.
Who is? Me? Hardly. Your not seeing the PM's involved between me and other folks who arn't politically terrified that Nvnews will start a site war like SOME over there are. Not everybody fears Nvnews. And the rebate joke? I'll agree with the retard part of your comment, the joke was retarded. As are you. And no, I'm not candle, he'll tell you himself seeing as I rode his ass like a cowboy rides a bull until he stopped FUD'ing and straightened up nicely. Now he's a pretty okay member over there.
A64 3400+/512mb Corsair XMS3200C2/MSI K8T Neo/PNY Geforce 6800GT/200Gb SATA Caviar (daughters rig)
AMP 1800+ x2/512mb Corsair 2100ECC/Tyan Thunder K7 S2462NG RevB/2x 40Gb Caviar RAID 0 -Runs my UO server
AXP-M 2200+/512mb PC2100/Radeon IGP320M 64mb/40Gb HD/CDRW-DVD -HP Pavillion ze4420us
moriarty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 01:06 AM   #77
retsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty99
Who is? Me? Hardly. Your not seeing the PM's involved between me and other folks who arn't politically terrified that Nvnews will start a site war like SOME over there are. Not everybody fears Nvnews. And the rebate joke? I'll agree with the retard part of your comment, the joke was retarded. As are you. And no, I'm not candle, he'll tell you himself seeing as I rode his ass like a cowboy rides a bull until he stopped FUD'ing and straightened up nicely. Now he's a pretty okay member over there.
omfg a site war...lol you dont even realize how retarded that sounds...

guys get your gear on, where going to have a "site war". the people at rage are ready to fight us in cyber space...lol....

your the most reatrded of the retarded people ever to grace this site.lol
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:02 AM   #78
Redeemed

Quote:
The reason you are being called a retard is because Mike's price quotes were accurate. You just failed to realise that he had listed the price after all rebates and other savings were included. As in he did the math for you.

There is absolutely no false advertising going on. You read it wrong.

A simple "I apologize." would suffice.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 08:09 AM   #79
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Don't think that's going to happen. He's more likely to go Brokeback on you, with all that talk of cowboys and riding other people's asses.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 08:32 AM   #80
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Your a ****ing tool.

Exactly what I was thinking as well A pm would have sufficed,instead of the chirlish and childish behaviour your tossing about OP.
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-07, 08:42 AM   #81
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
The reason you are being called a retard is because Mike's price quotes were accurate. You just failed to realise that he had listed the price after all rebates and other savings were included. As in he did the math for you.

There is absolutely no false advertising going on. You read it wrong.

I agree 100% with this. Most of the people here would actually be willing to let it go completely if you just apologize and admit you made a mistake, myself included.

As it is though, this is completely ridiculous and you went waaaay overboard. You're claiming to be a 30-something year old (judging by the other banned account) parent who is sooooo responsible that he could create a perfect pricing list (which hopefully doesn't contain any mail in rebates ) yet you go off on a massive tantrum talking about breaking laws and such... give it a rest or preferably apologize to mike for making a mistake and trashing this site because of it. He calmly explained exactly why his prices are the way they are and its clear that you didn't even bother clicking the prices to see if they were correct, you at least owe him an apology.

... Oh and regardless of what you decide to do, some of the comments in this thread are gold.

EDIT: BTW, for anyone from Rage reading this, I have never had anything against your site and I'm sure most of the people here havent either. I think most of the negativity between the sites comes from idiotic accusations and tantrums like the one in this thread getting spread around. Obviously it isnt any huge deal what one forum thinks of another (z0mg teh forum w4rz!! ), but its probably a good idea to fully read into future rants like moshpit's before making any assumptions about this site, its owner or the members here. We aren't bad guys.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 09:17 AM   #82
Zelda_fan

Quote:
lmfao a site war?

Most people at nVnews have jobs, a family, and a real life, and could really give two shakes about a "site war." (that's got to be one of the gayest things I've ever read - a site war LOLerz)
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 10:03 AM   #83
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
Does he not see these links when he clicks?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143074

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...C-pr1c3grabb3r

http://nvnews.pricegrabber.com/searc...force+8800+gtx

There are pricing errors at times with Pricegrabber but I check each link as I post the news. Pricegrabber changes the weekend specials on their page as the weekend deals expire. I'm not saying I don't make mistakes but all of those links he used showed me rebates that made the card the price I quoted at the time of the newsposting.
Expect a call from my lawyer... ... he wants to know if he can use this material when retards come to him with such a stupid case...
Old 01-30-07, 10:25 AM   #84
DiscipleDOC

MikeC, you really should have to justify yourself with this guy. You've shown that the pricings are accurate, and if he was any type of man, he would own up to his mistakes and apologize. But nooooooooo, he would rather flame the site and the patrons here.

/thread.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote