Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-07, 05:59 AM   #37
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok
Default Re: Any one read this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
But that WAS his oppinion, and one that I share. Why do you people have problems with oppionions? Some people will say that the GC sucked, just like some people say that the PS3 sucks - even though the real games arent out yet.

Hey, IM no saint. I really think that most if not all of nintendos 1st party games are for kids who likes little green elfs and princess dazy... This whole forum is filled with oppinions.

Rated by eveyone? Not by me, nor my friends, nor by some here, so please.
You wanna argue taste?
You're free to have the opinion that N64 games sucked, and free to voice it. We, by that same measure, are free to hold the opinion that you are an idiot, and free to voice it.

Deal with it.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 06:05 AM   #38
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Rated by eveyone? Not by me, nor my friends, nor by some here, so please.
You wanna argue taste?
The ratings of established industry professionals carry far more weight than those of forum jockeys.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 08:00 AM   #39
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

when industry professionals start paying for my hardware and games, then maybe I will listen to what they have to say

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 08:11 AM   #40
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
when industry professionals start paying for my hardware and games, then maybe I will listen to what they have to say
please tell me how this makes sense?
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 08:18 AM   #41
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
please tell me how this makes sense?
It makes perfect sense....... to thE bIGmaN that is!
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 08:23 AM   #42
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
rated by who? the N64 was crap, and the only game I even remember not being a complete turd was Starfox.
Golden Eye!
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 08:25 AM   #43
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

some will argue that Golden Eye allowed the FPS genre to break into consoles in a large scale.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 08:49 AM   #44
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Lol, but when a proffesional reviewer gives the new zelda 86, you all say he is stupid.
Please tell me what in the game is so perfect? The story? The graphics? The gameplay? The sound? Is it so out of this world? Is it far better to any other game? Or is it all subjective?

Now please tell me how the heck an old game is BETTER than a new version?
Fun is subjective, Better is not. If you will say that certain old games allowed the evolution of what we have today, than I'll agree 100%. But saying for example that the 1st zelda is better than the newest one is fanboism.

Thank god that when the older (Im 24 btw), more "ancient" hardcore gamers will be long gone, noone will take Zelda or other "top games of all time" this way. Than, the real games will take the spotlight. And so on and so on...
And then we'll all trade places.

Zelda might have been an awesome game when it came out, and it may have given rise to newer games, and it may still be fun to play (for some lazy gamers who dont like innovation as much), but its nowhere near a good game like the ones who got after it.

P.S.
Im usuing Zelda as an example here, this can be said on other games.
Please make sure to draw the line between fun and good.

Yours truely, the idiot.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-07, 08:53 AM   #45
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

the thing to keep in mind when you push that newer games are better, you run into games where it is all about looking goo, and nothing about actually having fun. The FPS genre is saturated with games like these.

From a game play perspective, Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast II(PC) had awesome game play elements, but wasn't the best looker on the block. I know I could have more fun going back and playing that than playing some newer FPS games.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 09:03 AM   #46
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Please make sure to draw the line between fun and good.
This doesn't even make sense. The criteria games are judged on is fun. Therefore, a good game is fun, and vice versa.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 09:53 AM   #47
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
This doesn't even make sense. The criteria games are judged on is fun. Therefore, a good game is fun, and vice versa.
Right... you like to be a smartass, thats ok, Im like that too sometimes. Go play your good fun games, while I'll play mine ok?

How can you cater fun to people, when fun is sujective? Some people find playing racers fun while others not. Some said it themselves, we like graphics best etc. Can you honestly tell me that every kind (and I mean every kind) of games that got high scores from 'respected proffesionals' were fun to you? Or do you have your kind of games that you like/dislike?

Every score made about a game is directed towards that game's audience. I don't find GRAW for instance to be a fun game, its too slow for me and it get boring very quickly for me. Yet I can acknoledge that this game is made good - graphics are ace, gameplay is ace (very realistic - which is why while I find the game boring, I have no problem reccomending it to people who likes this kind), sound is awesome and so on... Yet I dont find it fun.

See where Im going? You cant cater fun to everyone, and if you try to force it, that youre the idiot.

Deal with it.

May fanboism die a painful death.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 09:55 AM   #48
Zelda_fan

Quote:
But that WAS his oppinion, and one that I share. Why do you people have problems with oppionions? Some people will say that the GC sucked, just like some people say that the PS3 sucks - even though the real games arent out yet.
It's an opinion solely held by numbnut sony fanboys like yourself.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote