Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-30-07, 05:44 PM   #13
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: So... What games for PS3 are actually good and OUT(or out in the near future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
well thats partly due to the fact they have had no competition. When PS3 is finally able to spit out some decent games, Xbox 360 games will lower in price while expensive PS3 games will not really be able too.

Either way, it doesn't really matter much to me. In the end I know I will never own an Xbox360 so they are of no concern.
Amazes me, I see deep rooted fanboi crap right there. heh!

You come on here asking about what PS3 games are coming and then say you prefer the exclusives on this platform?

I'm curious, what exclusives are there for the PS3 worth getting?

I really want to know, because i've got my eyes on one and the Blu-Ray alone don't cut the mustard.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 05:51 PM   #14
|MaguS|

Default Re: So... What games for PS3 are actually good and OUT(or out in the near future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Amazes me, I see deep rooted fanboi crap right there. heh!

You come on here asking about what PS3 games are coming and then say you prefer the exclusives on this platform?

I'm curious, what exclusives are there for the PS3 worth getting?

I really want to know, because i've got my eyes on one and the Blu-Ray alone don't cut the mustard.
I knew it wouldn't be too long before the X360 trolls come and derail this thread. He stated his own opinion, why do you have to argue it?

Hell, How can you consider him a fanboy if he doesn't currently own one and is trying to find a reason to own one? Wouldn't a fanboy just run out and buy it no questions asked?

Maybe he wants to play PS2 games on it currently and watch Blu-Ray while he waits for the AAA PS3 titles? Sony has some of the best 1st lineups in the recent years and you know they will find their way to the PS3.
Old 01-30-07, 06:05 PM   #15
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Well, if you dont like some games becuase, well, you just dont, than:

GT5, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Tekken, Killzone 2 - Da Myth, God of War 3 (I dunno if they announced it or not, but common, is there a doubt?), and others I forgot to mention,

then you have nothing to lose.
And saying you like the exclusives of one console makes you a fanboi of games, not a console... shiiishhhh
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:10 PM   #16
Arioch

I have had my PS3 for a little over a week now (I have had my 360 for almost a year). The only game I am playing so far on it is Resistance and the Motorstorm and GTHD demos. I will say that the single player campaign in Resistance is as much fun as any of the games I enjoy on the 360. I am not worried about having to wait for top notch games to come out as I am getting a lot of mileage playing BD movies on my 1080p tv/monitor. It is a nice feeling knowing I can pick up either HD-DVD or BD movies and not worry about the format.

If someone asks me if they should get a PS3 right now I say yes if they are going to watch BD movies on it. If not, I would say wait a little while for more games to come out.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:15 PM   #17
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
I have had my PS3 for a little over a week now (I have had my 360 for almost a year). The only game I am playing so far on it is Resistance and the Motorstorm and GTHD demos. I will say that the single player campaign in Resistance is as much fun as any of the games I enjoy on the 360. I am not worried about having to wait for top notch games to come out as I am getting a lot of mileage playing BD movies on my 1080p tv/monitor. It is a nice feeling knowing I can pick up either HD-DVD or BD movies and not worry about the format.

If someone asks me if they should get a PS3 right now I say yes if they are going to watch BD movies on it. If not, I would say wait a little while for more games to come out.
I'd have to agree with that. I really like my ps3, but I don't think there are any must have titles just yet. If you have one, I was having quite a bit of fun playing NFS: Carbon, but you can probably beat it fairly quickly.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:34 PM   #18
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I knew it wouldn't be too long before the X360 trolls come and derail this thread...
Yea, I knew it wouldn't take too long.

Anyway, the exclusives I am looking to play are Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo 5. Those are really the only exclusives I'm looking forward to. Top that off with some Blu-Ray movies and its *almost* a reason to buy a PS3. I'm looking for just one more reason for me to bite.

Even if I do get the PS3, I will still play PC games 99% of the time. So my gaming experience isn't *that* important. If a statement was to be released tomorrow that Metal Gear Solid will release on PC, I would go out to the store, buy an HD-DVD player and completely forget about a PS3. Thats unlikely to happen, so as of now I am thinking about getting a PS3.

Fanboi comments don't really bug me. If you want to sort through my posts and help convince me why "ZOMG XBXO360 IZ SO MUCH BTTER! BLOO RAY SUX!!" then have a ball. I don't care.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:37 PM   #19
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Yea, I knew it wouldn't take too long.

Anyway, the exclusives I am looking to play are Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo 5. Those are really the only exclusives I'm looking forward to. Top that off with some Blu-Ray movies and its *almost* a reason to buy a PS3. I'm looking for just one more reason for me to bite.

Even if I do get the PS3, I will still play PC games 99% of the time. So my gaming experience isn't *that* important. If a statement was to be released tomorrow that Metal Gear Solid will release on PC, I would go out to the store, buy an HD-DVD player and completely forget about a PS3.
UT3 on PS3....just in case G80 doesn't hold up when it comes out.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:40 PM   #20
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
UT3 on PS3....just in case G80 doesn't hold up when it comes out.
Hah, i highly doubt a video card with less than half the power of a G80(RSX) will run UT3 better.

Either way, I seriously doubt I'll ever buy a FPS game on a console when its out on PC... even if the graphics are better.

Old 01-30-07, 06:40 PM   #21
Arioch

Well part of the problem with the lack of PS3 games for me is that some of the cross-platform games I already own or have played on my 360 before I got my PS3, such as CoD3.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:47 PM   #22
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Hah, i highly doubt a video card with less than half the power of a G80(RSX) will run UT3 better.

Either way, I seriously doubt I'll ever buy a FPS game on a console when its out on PC... even if the graphics are better.
I don't expect it to look as good as the PC version but I don't expect it to look bad either.

Just for the record UT3 on PS3 is supposed to have mouse/keyboard support.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 06:52 PM   #23
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
I don't expect it to look as good as the PC version but I don't expect it to look bad either.
aye, same here. I bet it will look great for a console... just like Gears of War.
Old 01-30-07, 07:08 PM   #24
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

^^ Tyger, on the contrary to what everyone says about how Blu-Ray sucks and it looks like upscaled DVD and nothing more, that is false.

I own both HDDVD and PS3 BluRay Players and I have about 10 DVDS for each and I can say that BluRay quality is far superior compared to standard DVD, though it may not look as good as some HDDVD titles I have to admit that, BluRay is still definately worth utilizing if you are looking into a PS3 system. I'm no fanboi, Ive been gaming on both systems and viewing both HDDVD and BluRay titles and happy with both, just wished HDDVD came out with a bigger, better title selection as what BluRay has

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote