Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-07, 01:14 AM   #25
Lfctony

Default Re: So... What games for PS3 are actually good and OUT(or out in the near future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I would wait for Heavenly Sword... Thats my God of War for the PS3!
Heavenly Sword... Swords chained to hands. Female Kratos. Cool.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 02:25 AM   #26
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Default Re: So... What games for PS3 are actually good and OUT(or out in the near future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Yea, I knew it wouldn't take too long.

Anyway, the exclusives I am looking to play are Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo 5. Those are really the only exclusives I'm looking forward to. Top that off with some Blu-Ray movies and its *almost* a reason to buy a PS3. I'm looking for just one more reason for me to bite.

Even if I do get the PS3, I will still play PC games 99% of the time. So my gaming experience isn't *that* important. If a statement was to be released tomorrow that Metal Gear Solid will release on PC, I would go out to the store, buy an HD-DVD player and completely forget about a PS3. Thats unlikely to happen, so as of now I am thinking about getting a PS3.

Fanboi comments don't really bug me. If you want to sort through my posts and help convince me why "ZOMG XBXO360 IZ SO MUCH BTTER! BLOO RAY SUX!!" then have a ball. I don't care.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but you've just said it yourself. YOu are looking to play MGS and Gran Turismo. These games are not out yet. The only reason I would buy a PS3 is Gran Turismo 5 and I know for a fact that it will come out at earliest in early 2008 as I know Polyphony with their game release dates. And MGS isn't out yet. So why waste money on a PS3 now?
How about you give me the money instead and you'll stop worrying what to buy.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 03:56 AM   #27
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
I knew it wouldn't be too long before the X360 trolls come and derail this thread. He stated his own opinion, why do you have to argue it?

Hell, How can you consider him a fanboy if he doesn't currently own one and is trying to find a reason to own one? Wouldn't a fanboy just run out and buy it no questions asked?

Maybe he wants to play PS2 games on it currently and watch Blu-Ray while he waits for the AAA PS3 titles? Sony has some of the best 1st lineups in the recent years and you know they will find their way to the PS3.
Shut up whining, I was kidding around.

And YOUR the biggest Sony ass licker on the planet. I bet you even got a Sony toilet seat just to get them as close to your rusty sheriff's badge as possible. heh

I sincerely just wanted to know what exclusives caught his eye, because i've had my eye on the PS3 too.

Just needed to know what exclusives would be worth looking at over what the 360 has to offer..... by the looks of it, not very much.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 06:16 AM   #28
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
I don't want to burst your bubble, but you've just said it yourself. YOu are looking to play MGS and Gran Turismo. These games are not out yet. The only reason I would buy a PS3 is Gran Turismo 5 and I know for a fact that it will come out at earliest in early 2008 as I know Polyphony with their game release dates. And MGS isn't out yet. So why waste money on a PS3 now?
How about you give me the money instead and you'll stop worrying what to buy.
Which is exactly why I said I need one more reason to buy a PS3. I'm not interested in any of the games that are out now. All i'd use is the Blu-Ray player.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 09:02 PM   #29
$-=Anarhist=-$

OMG You see the list for releases on BluRay and HD_DVD? BluRay list kills the HD_DVD. I was almost going to buy the add on for my X360. For just $299 more I bought a PS3instead. Don't regret it one bit!

The PS3 is a better BD player than any of the stand alone players! Much faster loading and actually a better picture than Sony own stand alone player.

The list of exclusive games on PS3 is overwhelming.

Last half of this year is going to be fantastic!

X360 has some good ones coming out as well!

But "why waste money on PS3 now" the movies!!! Not wasted!
$-=Anarhist=-$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 09:07 PM   #30
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by $-=Anarhist=-$
OMG You see the list for releases on BluRay and HD_DVD? BluRay list kills the HD_DVD. I was almost going to buy the add on for my X360. For just $299 more I bought a PS3instead. Don't regret it one bit!

The PS3 is a better BD player than any of the stand alone players! Much faster loading and actually a better picture than Sony own stand alone player.

The list of exclusive games on PS3 is overwhelming.

Last half of this year is going to be fantastic!

X360 has some good ones coming out as well!

But "why waste money on PS3 now" the movies!!! Not wasted!
Your evilchris right? This is just one of his lame jokes.... please tell me it is....
Old 02-05-07, 09:12 PM   #31
Spartan 117
Halo PWNz0r

I use my PS3 as a Blue-ray player, and they are working an a ISO loader for the PS3 as well

but downloading the ISO's would be horrid do to Blue-rays capacity :/

sum games are noe over 8 gigs, imagine the future

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2007/02/04/...s3-iso-loader/
2 PNY XLR8 GTX 670 in SLI
1 PNY XLR8 GTX 560 Ti for PhysX
Crucial M4 256GB SSD - OS/games
WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD - Storage
Team Executor XBOX 360 HDD Adapter for JTAG 360 HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
LG Blu-Ray burner
Samsung DVD-RW burner
Cougar GX V.2 1050W PSU
Cougar Evolution case
40" Sony Bravia KDL40V5100 @ 1080P
Spartan 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 09:13 PM   #32
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Your evilchris right? This is just one of his lame jokes.... please tell me it is....
evilchris's evil twin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 117
I use my PS3 as a Blue-ray player, and they are working an a ISO loader for the PS3 as well

but downloading the ISO's would be horrid do to Blue-rays capacity :/

sum games are noe over 8 gigs, imagine the future

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2007/02/04/...s3-iso-loader/

Old 02-05-07, 09:14 PM   #33
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
evilchris's evil twin.
Evil? You mean good .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 09:17 PM   #34
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Shut up whining, I was kidding around.

And YOUR the biggest Sony ass licker on the planet. I bet you even got a Sony toilet seat just to get them as close to your rusty sheriff's badge as possible. heh

I sincerely just wanted to know what exclusives caught his eye, because i've had my eye on the PS3 too.

Just needed to know what exclusives would be worth looking at over what the 360 has to offer..... by the looks of it, not very much.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 09:19 PM   #35
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Evil? You mean good .
Old 02-05-07, 09:22 PM   #36
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Well you have to get God of War 2 and Rogue Galaxy just came out and is great.

Oh wait... did you say Playstation 3? Oops.

Uh...can't think of anything
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote