Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-02-07, 10:12 AM   #13
superklye

Default Re: Silverfall demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The graphic options need to be configured prior to running the game.
Where? How? There was no pre-launch settings screen that comes up (a la Oblivion, FEAR, etc). I double clicked the icon that was installed to my desktop and the game just launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Not sure. A lot of games (UE3 based mainly) require this now. I think they have been made to be able to run in a software mode and act as a sort of external physics middle ware setup. Maybe??
LAME
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 10:14 AM   #14
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Where? How? There was no pre-launch settings screen that comes up (a la Oblivion, FEAR, etc). I double clicked the icon that was installed to my desktop and the game just launched.
Believe its in the startmenu folder.
Old 02-02-07, 10:17 AM   #15
superklye

Roger that. I'll check tonight. thanks.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 10:18 AM   #16
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Well they haven't upset my PC and I've had them on since RoboBlitz. At least they have an uninstall I guess.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 02:52 AM   #17
nopp0x00

Does anyone have any idea why gamesetup.exe doesn't display properly on my setup? I have tried disabling visual themes, changing resolution; nothing seems to work. The options within the menus look incomplete and there's no way to save (the only ones available) the settings that were edited.
nopp0x00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 09:16 PM   #18
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
No one cares about this cel-shaded RPG ?

demo is 1.4 freakin' GB!
http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=2228

Its a fun game,I have been playing the demo since it was released.I didnt bother starting a thread here,as allot of peeps **** on anything that doesnt have Crysis level graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemedes
sweet cell shadage. i played and liked that cell shader shooter XIII

I bought a copy in the used bin at EB for 7.99,a year and a half ago,and have never been able to get it to run without crashing,plus the save scheme it uses is retarded to say the least.
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 11:03 PM   #19
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

anyone got this thing to work under 64bit vista?

i can't play because of tages
Old 08-30-08, 04:26 AM   #20
Marikhen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopp0x00 View Post
Does anyone have any idea why gamesetup.exe doesn't display properly on my setup? I have tried disabling visual themes, changing resolution; nothing seems to work. The options within the menus look incomplete and there's no way to save (the only ones available) the settings that were edited.
Did a search for this very same problem and the only thing I found dealing with it was this post with no response.

As a result I did some looking around through Silverfall's directory structure to see about manually editing settings files and found Silverfall\Config\config.ini which contains:

[INIT]
WIDTH = 760
HEIGHT = 600

APP_START_INI = "Data/Config/Start.ini"
USERCONFIG_INI = "Data/Config/UserConfig.ini"
LOC_TRANSLATE = "Data/Localize/TranslateConfig_"

[BITMAPS]
BACK_IMAGE = "Data/Config/UserConfig.bmp"

The two lines in red are the important ones as they control the border of the window opened up by GameSetup.exe and 760x600 is about as close to "perfect" as matters.

Just figured I'd post this for anyone else who does a similar search so that there's an answer available since I don't think the guy who posted the question is still looking for the answer 1.5 years later.
Marikhen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-08, 11:57 AM   #21
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
Did a search for this very same problem and the only thing I found dealing with it was this post with no response.

As a result I did some looking around through Silverfall's directory structure to see about manually editing settings files and found Silverfall\Config\config.ini which contains:

[INIT]
WIDTH = 760
HEIGHT = 600

APP_START_INI = "Data/Config/Start.ini"
USERCONFIG_INI = "Data/Config/UserConfig.ini"
LOC_TRANSLATE = "Data/Localize/TranslateConfig_"

[BITMAPS]
BACK_IMAGE = "Data/Config/UserConfig.bmp"

The two lines in red are the important ones as they control the border of the window opened up by GameSetup.exe and 760x600 is about as close to "perfect" as matters.

Just figured I'd post this for anyone else who does a similar search so that there's an answer available since I don't think the guy who posted the question is still looking for the answer 1.5 years later.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing that news. It's nice to have solutions to those really hard to find answers to somewhat rare problems. I don't know if anyone else here is having this problem anymore, but hopefully this search result will show up in Google for a needy soul.

Thanks again, and stick around for a while. We can always use "helpful" members.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-08, 12:31 PM   #22
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Thanks for stopping by and sharing that news. It's nice to have solutions to those really hard to find answers to somewhat rare problems. I don't know if anyone else here is having this problem anymore, but hopefully this search result will show up in Google for a needy soul.

Thanks again, and stick around for a while. We can always use "helpful" members.
Somehow i think this thread needs LESS John Mcain
Old 08-30-08, 01:26 PM   #23
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Somehow i think this thread needs LESS John Mcain
I think John McCain, snapping Vietcong backs with his bare hands, would be one hell of a character for this game.

Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-08, 01:35 PM   #24
|MaguS|

This game and its developer are a bunch of douchebags! I purchased the game through their Direct Download and they never made a patch for it (which fixed it significantly). **** THEM!