Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-07, 09:54 AM   #13
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok
Default Re: Burger King profits up 40 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I ate there so often at one point and always ordered the same thing that I didn't even have to order. I'd walk in and they'd start getting my food ready. Ah, those were the days...
I've made jokes about losers with a "usual" at a fast food place...but I never honestly thought they existed. Now out of morbid curiosity...I have to ask, how much do you weigh?
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:13 AM   #14
OWA

Heh, I weigh around 10 lbs more than I should in the summer and probably 15 lbs more than I should in the winter. I definitely shouldn't be eating like I'm 12 now that I'm older though. When I was younger, I was eating all I could trying to gain a few pounds. Now it's difficult just to lose those 10 - 15 lbs especially since I love fast food.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:26 AM   #15
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Bad OWA.. BAD!!! :slaps OWAs hand: No more fast food for you!
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:27 AM   #16
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
Seriously, BK and McD are both horrible things to eat. You might as well chow down on sticks of butter. I mean I'm no health nut, but jeeze, of all the things you could possibly put in your body, I think only meth is more harmful than fast food.
for once we agree
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:27 AM   #17
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I went to BK to buy one of those games, and it was the first time I had been there in at least 18 months. The only fast food places I eat at any more are Subway and Panera.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:28 AM   #18
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
But their motto is "have it your way" so they'd better provide Wii, PS3 and PC games as well...oh and games for the Mac/linux.
QFT lol you should email them that
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:32 AM   #19
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Most things including fast food are not that bad IN MODERATION! If all you do is chow down on fast food day and night then you might as well put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. If you live an active and healthy life then I see no problem with eatting a Big Mac or a Whopper once in a while. BTW I prefer BK over McDs!
Not really. Fast food is bad for you no matter what. Moderation or not. Its just horrible to put in your system. Period.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:33 AM   #20
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
for once we agree
What really gets me are the people who order the shakes every day. Good god, I was exaggerating about the burgers being just butter paddies, but those shakes honestly are just chocolate flavors trans fats. It's mind blowing.

On a slightly unrelated note, I remember watching a documentary once about various people who run/ran ice cream companies. And the son of one of them was talking about how growing up, it never occurred to him that ice cream might have something to do with why his entirely family had diabetes. Oops
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-07, 10:36 AM   #21
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I ate there so often at one point and always ordered the same thing that I didn't even have to order. I'd walk in and they'd start getting my food ready. Ah, those were the days...
I wouldn't say I'm that bad lol but I prefer BK when getting food while at work. I'll say something and I believe everyone will agree with me here. Health food is more expensive than junk food. Isn't that insane? I don't mind eating vegatables, grilled over fried foods, and etc, but I'm a broke college kid! I can't afford to cook my meals everynight (work), buy the lower carb foods (more expensive ironically) or go to a fast food place for something "healthy".

But like my statement, no wonder America is so fat (in a sense) lol. I'm I wrong?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 10:56 AM   #22
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
I've made jokes about losers with a "usual" at a fast food place...but I never honestly thought they existed. Now out of morbid curiosity...I have to ask, how much do you weigh?
Hey man, when you like to eat something, you get it more than once. I can do they same thing at my local taco bell. Just walk in and hand the lady my money, and she makes my food. When you don't have time or are just getting something to eat while your at work, the choices can be limited. My weight: 167lbs, so no I'm not a fat ass from eating fast food all the time.

I think the burger alone is probably okay for you, since it covers all of the pyramid in one step. (bread, vegtables, dairy, meat, and sometimes fruits) The really bad part for you is the fries, since it is fried in 5 gallons of fat. A burger with a side salad and water is probably a well rounded meal. It might have a little extra fat, but it is still better than having fries, dessert, or a shake.

@Absolution: You'd actually be suprised every now and then. It all depends on what store you walk into. I'd say on average BK tastes a little better, but I've been to a few McDs that were probably some of the best fast food I've had. The quality of the food depends more upon the resturant than the food itself.

EDIT: to try to keep on topic though
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
And incase you're wondering why it's in the console forums, the 3 burger king xbox/360 games helped BK get a 40 percent spike in the quarterly report. It's pretty crazy and at the same time, I can imagine what we'll be seeing from now on.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164969.html
I saw the games they offered, but I really didn't think they were anything good. I guess they were a big hit with younger kids. Considering they were xbox only, I wouldn't have expected it to do that well, since the xbox is going by the wayside in favor of the 360. However, does the 360 do BC? If it does, then I can see how this would be a better idea.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 11:07 AM   #23
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
However, does the 360 do BC?
Only the premium systems do, as BC is achieved via an emulator.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 11:13 AM   #24
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
But their motto is "have it your way" so they'd better provide Wii, PS3 and PC games as well...oh and games for the Mac/linux.
have it your way, as long as your way is our way