Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-07, 11:16 AM   #25
Bman212121

Default Re: Burger King profits up 40 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Only the premium systems do, as BC is achieved via an emulator.
That's kind of interesting... So you'd better get a premium if you want to play your old games. I'll have to remember that if someone I know wants to get a 360.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 11:22 AM   #26
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
Hey man, when you like to eat something, you get it more than once. I can do they same thing at my local taco bell. Just walk in and hand the lady my money, and she makes my food. When you don't have time or are just getting something to eat while your at work, the choices can be limited. My weight: 167lbs, so no I'm not a fat ass from eating fast food all the time.

I think the burger alone is probably okay for you, since it covers all of the pyramid in one step. (bread, vegtables, dairy, meat, and sometimes fruits) The really bad part for you is the fries, since it is fried in 5 gallons of fat. A burger with a side salad and water is probably a well rounded meal. It might have a little extra fat, but it is still better than having fries, dessert, or a shake.
You're not getting a well balanced pyramid meal at burger king. You're getting man-mad processed crap. Everything on that burger is processed with chemicals to save money, but drastically reduces the health benefits.

And I don't eat healthy for my weight. I've come to realize that no matter what I eat, I'll always weigh about 165-170lbs. Maybe its genetics, maybe it's the fact that I have such a high metabolism due to working my ass off every day. Either way I count myself lucky in that regard.

However, something that a lot of people fail to realize (and it's really common sense when you think about it) is that food is literally a mind-altering drug. ANYTHING you ingest is potentially mind altering. Eating man-made processed chemical **** leads to depression and lack of energy. Now, nothing is nearly as badly processed as what you get in fast food, but I've seen it make enough of a difference in me that I'll only buy food that has not been processed with chemicals (with a few exceptions).
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 11:27 AM   #27
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

I have come to end this dispute.... Taco Bell FTW.

We need some Taco Bell games.
Old 01-31-07, 11:30 AM   #28
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
You're not getting a well balanced pyramid meal at burger king. You're getting man-mad processed crap. Everything on that burger is processed with chemicals to save money, but drastically reduces the health benefits.

And I don't eat healthy for my weight. I've come to realize that no matter what I eat, I'll always weigh about 165-170lbs. Maybe its genetics, maybe it's the fact that I have such a high metabolism due to working my ass off every day. Either way I count myself lucky in that regard.

However, something that a lot of people fail to realize (and it's really common sense when you think about it) is that food is literally a mind-altering drug. ANYTHING you ingest is potentially mind altering. Eating man-made processed chemical **** leads to depression and lack of energy. Now, nothing is nearly as badly processed as what you get in fast food, but I've seen it make enough of a difference in me that I'll only buy food that has not been processed with chemicals (with a few exceptions).
That is some interesting info, thanks for sharing.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 11:46 AM   #29
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
QFT

You can go to a Burger King and order a Salad. It will still be mindblowingly more unhealthy than cooking your own food or eating SOMETHING decently healthy.

You know whats anoying? When people say "health food is expensive". No its not. You are too lazy to fix your own food is the problem. I eat HEALTHY and probably spend LESS than most of you. Wanna know what an average meal for me is?

10oz-12oz Chicken Breast with whatever seasoning I please (the chicken sells for around $2 a lb. You do the math)
Salad with cheese, tomatos, cucumbers, olives, and a vinagerette(around $1 a serviing)
Whole Grain Rice (I don't even look at the price tag its so rediculously low in price)
Side of veggies(Gotta have them carbs! Carbs are GOOD for you despite what stupid diet you have read about)
Water (free)

THAT is a healthy meal.

Thats around $3 bucks for a healthy filling meal. You go to McDonalds and spend at least $6-$7 on a Lardburger with Extra Large Lard Covered Fries. Don't forget that $2 Extra Large Coke you think you are getting a deal on because the small is $1.89!

Wanna know another thing that bugs the hell out of me? "I only weight XXX lbs and I am skinny as can be! I eat fast food all the time and am STILL healthy!". No, you aren't healthy. You are dumb for thinking you are. Skinny does not equal healthy. Alot of times it means nothing at all or THE EXACT OPPOSITE.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 11:56 AM   #30
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Those are some big numbers. They should consider boxing and pricing Live Arcade games the same way. I bet they would sell alot more.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 12:04 PM   #31
hirantha
SUC SUDO

wow i never had BK, only Mac maybe i should give it a try.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 12:52 PM   #32
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
You know whats anoying? When people say "health food is expensive". No its not. You are too lazy to fix your own food is the problem. I eat HEALTHY and probably spend LESS than most of you. Wanna know what an average meal for me is?
While what you just posted is a healthier diet that what 95% of America eats, when you take a step further and try to remove all processed chemicals out of your diet it does get expensive.

Example:
Regular chicken costs around $3 a pound. This chicken is a lot healthier than any crap you'll get at a fast food or chain restaurant, but it still comes from a farm where the chicken is injected with growth hormones (chemical crap that ends up in your cooking), and the chickens are kept in unhealthy conditions which degrades the quality of the meat.

Now you can buy "organic chicken" which basically means the chickens get to roam free, no steroids, and have an all natural diet of organic food. However, this kind of chicken costs around $10 a lb which isn't cheap. But it tastes a lot better, no chemicals in it, and the fat ratio is much lower.

When you apply this idea across the board and try to remove process chemicals completely from your diet... grocery bills get expensive. But if you have the extra money it's worth it imho, because you will feel a lot better.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-07, 01:03 PM   #33
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
While what you just posted is a healthier diet that what 95% of America eats, when you take a step further and try to remove all processed chemicals out of your diet it does get expensive.

Example:
Regular chicken costs around $3 a pound. This chicken is a lot healthier than any crap you'll get at a fast food or chain restaurant, but it still comes from a farm where the chicken is injected with growth hormones (chemical crap that ends up in your cooking), and the chickens are kept in unhealthy conditions which degrades the quality of the meat.

Now you can buy "organic chicken" which basically means the chickens get to roam free, no steroids, and have an all natural diet of organic food. However, this kind of chicken costs around $10 a lb which isn't cheap. But it tastes a lot better, no chemicals in it, and the fat ratio is much lower.

When you apply this idea across the board and try to remove process chemicals completely from your diet... grocery bills get expensive. But if you have the extra money it's worth it imho, because you will feel a lot better.
I'd rather spend $3 a pound on regular chicken. While I like to eat healthy, I'm not spending a 300% more for an "organic" chicken when the health benefits are around 2%. Thats just me.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 01:16 PM   #34
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Around here, healthy food (such as TygerWoody suggested) is still expensive. I'm about 5-10lbs overweight at the moment (Christmas lol) but I think that my biggest problem is not working out as often and eating late at night. I work until 1AM almost every night, therefore when I get home, I'm up for a while trying to fall asleep and sometimes get hungry. I don't eat a full meal at 1AM, but I snack (that's one of the worst habits ever vs. 3 square meals a day). I plan on starting to work out again once I can get a steady schedule going with the new semester + homework + work.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 02:12 PM   #35
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

I think BK is pretty good. Their whopper and they had a texas whopper a while ago is pretty good. I don't go there that often, maybe once every month or two months, but I still like their food.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 02:55 PM   #36
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:

Example:

I totally agree with you here. It's definitely more expensive to eat healthy food than unhealthy. The only thing I want to point out is that fat isn't bad for you - 20% of all our energy should come from fats. There are unhealthy fats and healthy ones and one shouldn't avoid those.
You've only got one life so why ruin it by eating a freaking burger that makes you "happy" for about two minutes? I'm seriously never gonna take my kids to McDonald's(at the time I have any I'm sure McD is gonna be banned anyways ).