Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-07, 03:11 PM   #37
Lyme

Default Re: Burger King profits up 40 percent

The BK games out this time around run on the 360 without using backward compatibility. I went in and bought one meal and ponied up the extra for the other two games, they are quite fun.

For those curious there was a gamasutra article on on the topic of: What makes a top selling game? It is good or cheap.

Now we know, and they ain't that bad.

As for fast food the franchise that uses the highest quality beef is Wendy's and they use grade C.
The chicken in Subway sandwiches is pre-processed and given the shape burnmarks of chicken breast.
McDonalds may not be very healthy for you, but lets face it. If your poor, and alot of people are. It is a meal you can live off of and it provides the vitamins and minerals to grow.
Besides eating junk food and drinking pop is just as much a issue as eating fast food, a well rounded diet with excercise is the best way to go.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 03:13 PM   #38
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Around here, healthy food (such as TygerWoody suggested) is still expensive. I'm about 5-10lbs overweight at the moment (Christmas lol) but I think that my biggest problem is not working out as often and eating late at night. I work until 1AM almost every night, therefore when I get home, I'm up for a while trying to fall asleep and sometimes get hungry. I don't eat a full meal at 1AM, but I snack (that's one of the worst habits ever vs. 3 square meals a day). I plan on starting to work out again once I can get a steady schedule going with the new semester + homework + work.
Eating late at night being a factor in being overweight is a MYTH. Eating late is perfectly fine.

Snacking is healthy as well. Hell, snacking is MORE healthy than not snacking. It all depends on WHAT it is you are snacking. Is it twinkies? Donuts? Or is it something healthy?

Here is the NUMBER 1 best diet to lose weight the HEALTHY way. Are you ready?

Eat healthy(by eat healthy I really mean EAT HEALTHY. Not that atkins, i wanna ruin my body, crap diet. CARBS ARE GOOD. Learn the difference in good carbs and bad carbs. Eat good CLEAN foods. If it didn't come directly from nature, unaltered, chances are it isn't healthy.)

Eat small meals(yes, even when you go to buffets. There is a reason why other countries have less obese people than US. Go to another country and look at the size of meals. They are half the size of ours and are PLENTY for you to eat and stay healthy.)

Eat often (5-6 meals a day)

If you are hungry, SNACK!!! Very important! You NEVER want your body to be hungry. If you ever go hungry, the next thing you put in your body, healthy or not, will turn into fat!!!!

Don't "reward" yourself for eating good. Eating a huge cake just because you ate a salad for dinner will not do you any good.(NEVER eat a ****ing salad for dinner. Salads are for rabbits. You aren't a rabbit. You are a Blood Hungry HUMAN BEING! YOU NEED MEAT! YOU NEED CARBS!)

Set ONE(one(one(one))), I repeat ONE, MEAL/Snack a WEEK to eat something not so "healthy". Go ahead, eat that chocolate cake. Eat that Whopper. You went a week eating healthy food. You DESERVE ONE MEAL THAT ISN"T THAT HEALTHY. One meal does not mean 2. It does not mean and entire day, week, month of bad food. You get ONE reward meal a week. THATS IT. It is IMPORTANT to have one "cheat" meal. It will keep you on your "diet" and will allow your body to be use to eating crap foods every now and then.

Stay away from soda's, juice, beer, and alcohol(except for on your reward meal! drink what you want!).

Drink ALOT of water. If you drink alot of water, you body has no need to store water. Just by simply drinking MORE water you can lose a good 10 lbs.

Exercise moderately. Get some sun. Nothing huge. You don't have to run a mile every day to be healthy. Just do something a few times a week that burns calories. Nothing big. They key to being at a good weight is more diet than exercise.

Damnit I need to start a new thread on dieting since i talk about it so much...
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 03:20 PM   #39
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Eating late at night being a factor in being overweight is a MYTH. Eating late is perfectly fine.

Snacking is healthy as well. Hell, snacking is MORE healthy than not snacking. It all depends on WHAT it is you are snacking. Is it twinkies? Donuts? Or is it something healthy?

Here is the NUMBER 1 best diet to lose weight the HEALTHY way. Are you ready?

Eat healthy(by eat healthy I really mean EAT HEALTHY. Not that atkins, i wanna ruin my body, crap diet. CARBS ARE GOOD. Learn the difference in good carbs and bad carbs. Eat good CLEAN foods. If it didn't come directly from nature, unaltered, chances are it isn't healthy.)

Exercise moderately. Get some sun. Nothing huge. You don't have to run a mile every day to be healthy. Just do something a few times a week that burns calories. Nothing big. They key to being at a good weight is more diet than exercise.

Damnit I need to start a new thread on dieting since i talk about it so much...
LOL sound likes the Body for Life diet! I don't even bother telling people what to eat anymore, I mean if they want to eat crap and look like **** then be my guest and go ahead! That just leaves more women for me(not for now though; have a gf)!
Old 01-31-07, 03:23 PM   #40
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
McDonalds may not be very healthy for you, but lets face it. If your poor, and alot of people are. It is a meal you can live off of and it provides the vitamins and minerals to grow.
Thats the biggest load of bull**** I have ever heard.

The only reason poor people eat McDonalds is because they are dumbasses, Lazy, and CLUELESS. That "one dollar menu" that poor people thrive off of where they think they are getting a deal is NOT GIVING YOU ANYTHING YOU NEED TO GROW!!!! You'd get more vitamins and minerals from eating grass/bugs than anything off the McDonalds menu.

Poor people are poor for a reason. They aren't bright enough to make a good income. IF they aren't bright enough to bring in a good income, chances are they aren't bright enough to know what their body actually needs to survive. Haven't you noticed most poor people are fat? Sounds like they are eating TOO much(as opposed to too little which is what you would think a poor person would be like) and simply eating the wrong things.

I challenge anyone to show me ONE MEAL that McDonalds has that is cheaper than something I can fix on my own that is HEALTHIER. This "poor people can only afford McDonalds" is a load of garbage. I can fix meals cheaper and better than McDonald's SH*T Special.
Old 01-31-07, 03:25 PM   #41
OWA

Maybe that's my problem. I only eat once a day when I should be eating at BK 5-6 times a day.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-07, 03:33 PM   #42
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Maybe that's my problem. I only eat once a day when I should be eating at BK 5-6 times a day.
A person can go by with eating 3 meals a day and be perfectly healthy, but if they want drastic improvements 5-6 smaller meals a day is the way to go.

Have you ever noticed people who skip meals(especially breakfast) are always fat? Dare I say it, you are better off eating a McDonald's sh1tburger than you are skipping a meal. Thats how important it is to not skip meals!Your body HAS to have food at all times. If it doesn't, It wants to store fat because it thinks it won't get food for a while. It makes perfect sense, which is why its a fact.