Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-02-07, 01:41 PM   #25
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Default Re: nVidia bashes Nintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
Almost every computer I see has ATI or Intel integrated graphics too. I mean, assuming they have integrated graphics. I've never seen a computer yet with nvidia integrated graphics. I'm sure the exist, but they sure aren't common.

Still, when I build a PC again, I've got my eye on the 8800 GTS
Actually I work at Circuit City and every single Desktop from HP, Gateway has included Nvidia 6150 Integrated graphics (if it didn't include Intel that it is) Now that we got the Vista pre-installed computers more actually come with the Nvidia chip, ATi isn't seen anymore.
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 01:52 PM   #26
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
I still don't think it's direct, kind of like what OWA was saying.
The problem with saying the PS3 is in a different market is a difficult sell. As we both know if you own a Wii and a PS3, they both compete for the same time the consumer has to spend. However on the other hand if the PS3 is in a different market, then they must be in the high end niche market and as such would never gain mass appeal.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 01:57 PM   #27
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I think if the Wii was $300 (same price as 360 core) it would be selling almost as good.
Okay since you want to use cores then Wii, 360 core, PS3 core all $300. Does the Wii still come out on top?

I'm just trying to show that price is definitely a factor when purchasing the Wii. I'm not saying it's not fun and enjoyable but having fun (no matter what "type" of fun it is) at the expense of $250 or $600...which would be easier for the average consumer to swallow.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 02:00 PM   #28
Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
Almost every computer I see has ATI or Intel integrated graphics too. I mean, assuming they have integrated graphics. I've never seen a computer yet with nvidia integrated graphics. I'm sure the exist, but they sure aren't common.
I just built a computer with an Asus mobo with onboard Nvidia 6150 or something video. So theyre around.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 02:04 PM   #29
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Okay since you want to use cores then Wii, 360 core, PS3 core all $300. Does the Wii still come out on top?

I'm just trying to show that price is definitely a factor when purchasing the Wii. I'm not saying it's not fun and enjoyable but having fun (no matter what "type" of fun it is) at the expense of $250 or $600...which would be easier for the average consumer to swallow.
Yes I do.

But the PS3 core doesn't cost $300, it's $500. But even still I think the Wii would come out on top. People don't just want "upgraded graphics." They want games that tap into new ideas and new ways to play. That is why the Wii (and the DS for that matter) is doing so well.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 03:41 PM   #30
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

People want games. Nintendo has them now. Sony doesn't. But with the PS2, I'll take GoW2 as an example, we can all rest assured that everyone will buy this game. Graphics are not "next-gen", but gameplay is ace. This is the situation with the Wii for now.

Because you know that while Zelda is an immensely popular game, the minute something like Halo3 comes out, everyone will forget about the Wii or the PS3 and go buy that.

^^^^This was an hypothetical situation, but my point is - you need DA games to sell. However, IMHO, this time, people bought the 360 because it was the first and was hyped and whatever. Then it got kinda bored, and the Wii came out with Zelda(!!) - a sure seller. Sure, GoW on the 360 came out.

I think that the Wii is a "for now" console. The minute Sony and MS get their GAMES out, the whole picture will change. Less important to MS since they are already on a role. Graphics play a very important role here.
Im 100% positive that you too, Zelda_fan, will think diffrently about the Wii when the time comes.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 03:42 PM   #31
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Yes I do.

But the PS3 core doesn't cost $300, it's $500. But even still I think the Wii would come out on top. People don't just want "upgraded graphics." They want games that tap into new ideas and new ways to play. That is why the Wii (and the DS for that matter) is doing so well.

If you would un-blind yourself of your fanboism for a second, you'll see the very article YOU pasted here, commenting an nvidia spokesmen, NEVER said gameplay wasn't important. They simply said graphics are still an important part of gaming, now your making it sound like they said gameplay has no importance and it's all graphics.

Nvidia never said "people just want upgraded graphics", that's you doing a horrible job of paraphrasing.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 04:19 PM   #32
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
It's all sour grapes. NVIDIA got screwed on the Xbox, and they're getting screwed on the PS3.
good thing theyre trouncing ATi in the PC enthusiast market or they would be hurting

i think R600 is going to be a beast though.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-07, 04:31 PM   #33
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

if the R600 ever sees the light of day
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 04:46 PM   #34
Treason
nVidia GeForce FX 5600 U

nVidia has nothing to worry about in the console market. As everyone has said, they're making huge profits in the discrete market.

As for the earlier comments about the integrated nVidia chipsets, are they older generation Pentium D's/duo core pre-built desktop systems?
Treason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 05:39 PM   #35
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
People want games. Nintendo has them now. Sony doesn't. But with the PS2, I'll take GoW2 as an example, we can all rest assured that everyone will buy this game. Graphics are not "next-gen", but gameplay is ace. This is the situation with the Wii for now.

Because you know that while Zelda is an immensely popular game, the minute something like Halo3 comes out, everyone will forget about the Wii or the PS3 and go buy that.

^^^^This was an hypothetical situation, but my point is - you need DA games to sell. However, IMHO, this time, people bought the 360 because it was the first and was hyped and whatever. Then it got kinda bored, and the Wii came out with Zelda(!!) - a sure seller. Sure, GoW on the 360 came out.

I think that the Wii is a "for now" console. The minute Sony and MS get their GAMES out, the whole picture will change. Less important to MS since they are already on a role. Graphics play a very important role here.
Im 100% positive that you too, Zelda_fan, will think diffrently about the Wii when the time comes.
To be honest, I don't think that Zelda is the sole reason the Wii is doing well. In fact it might not even be the primary reason anymore. Nintendo has reached the non-traditional gamers and that's the biggest reason it's selling so well. In that way Wii Sports might be more important to the Wii's success. There are certainly a lot of people who are buying Zelda, but even big Zelda fans don't have to buy a Wii just for that because it's out for GC and essentially identical. But nowhere else can you play a game of bowling using motions very similar to the real thing and then hop right out on the golf course, tennis court, etc. It's unique and it's fun, and that's all the further you need to look for the reason that it's so popular right now. The key to long-term success will be keeping the fun aspect going strong after the novelty of its uniqueness wears off.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 10:19 PM   #36
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
To be honest, I don't think that Zelda is the sole reason the Wii is doing well. In fact it might not even be the primary reason anymore. Nintendo has reached the non-traditional gamers and that's the biggest reason it's selling so well. In that way Wii Sports might be more important to the Wii's success. There are certainly a lot of people who are buying Zelda, but even big Zelda fans don't have to buy a Wii just for that because it's out for GC and essentially identical. But nowhere else can you play a game of bowling using motions very similar to the real thing and then hop right out on the golf course, tennis court, etc. It's unique and it's fun, and that's all the further you need to look for the reason that it's so popular right now. The key to long-term success will be keeping the fun aspect going strong after the novelty of its uniqueness wears off.
I agree 100% The graphics will age, but so what? I still feel Final Fantasy 7 for psone looks great. The art style still holds up, graphics matter, but I too feel the true make or break for the Wii is keeping the control scheme fresh and fun. Let's face it, that's the whole hype of the system, so it needs to be perfect.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote