Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-07, 08:09 AM   #37
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

wow this just seems.. dumb. Do people have to check their brains at the door before entering?
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 02-06-07, 08:42 AM   #38
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
wow this just seems.. dumb. Do people have to check their brains at the door before entering?
If you are referring to me then I would implore you to show me where my initial question has been answered with any certainty. I know you probably aren't included in much of anything in life so I guess I can uderstand why you among others feel to give input, even if it does lack any substance.
Old 02-06-07, 08:54 AM   #39
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
If you are referring to me then I would implore you to show me where my initial question has been answered with any certainty. I know you probably aren't included in much of anything in life so I guess I can uderstand why you among others feel to give input, even if it does lack any substance.
Droid6 in a RL MMO?

I'm sorry but people have answered you, or given you ways to empower yourself to find an answer. You just seem to still sit there and yell for an answer.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 02-06-07, 08:59 AM   #40
superklye

Quote:
Droid6 in a RL MMO?

I'm sorry but people have answered you, or given you ways to empower yourself to find an answer. You just seem to still sit there and yell for an answer.
Priceless.

Quote:
Here's a recap for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
You cannot do the advanced sound encodings through the stereo rca jacks, you need to use the optical out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
You cannot get lossless audio (in this specific case: Dolby TrueHD) in any form (not even two channel stereo) with standard RCA audio cables.

End of discussion.
Now get the hell out of here you ignorant troll.
Old 02-06-07, 09:09 AM   #41
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Then you'd be attacked by BD fanboys
or the HD-DVD ones..
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...ml?tag=bubbl_1
Quote:
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a column making seven tech predictions for 2007 and, as predicted, a couple of the more "controversial" picks elicited some strong emotions from readers. Most notably, my prediction that "HD DVD would surrender by September" really got the flamethrowers out in force, and even set off a nice discussion over on AVS Forum , which appears to be home to many an HD DVD cheerleader. Among the hurled insults, I was accused of being a moron, a Sony shill, a Sony lover, and of harboring a bias against Toshiba and HD DVD. A few folks even accused the whole of CNET of being biased toward Blu-ray.
AVS is turning into a pool of BD/HD-DVD fanboys.
Old 02-06-07, 09:28 AM   #42
Toss3
.<<o>>.

http://www.dolby.com/promo/hd/connector_diagrams.html

Now everyone's happy!
Old 02-06-07, 10:11 AM   #43
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Droid6 in a RL MMO?

OMFG!!! LMAO!!!
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
Old 02-06-07, 12:19 PM   #44
Droid6

OK let me have my recap of the situation. I gave up trying to get any sort of answer from anyone after the 1st page but let's recap this empowering knowledge I have got so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
You cannot do the advanced sound encodings through the stereo rca jacks, you need to use the optical out.
So advanced codecs cannot converted to 2.0 and passed through analog rca jacks, wrong. Geez, that must mean nothing happens when I use stereo out on my 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
You cannot get lossless audio (in this specific case: Dolby TrueHD) in any form (not even two channel stereo) with standard RCA audio cables.
He seems to imply you cannot get any form of lossles audio including multi-channel from an analog source, which is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
AFAIK the Xbox360 HD-DVD player does not offer Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD decoding. What the player can do is downconvert Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD to a high quality 1.5mbps Dolby Digital track.
The 360 can decode TrueHD and DTS-HD but converts them for the bandwidth limitations og the optical output that aren't present with analog outputs. Another wealth of information here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle
Now get the hell out of here you ignorant troll.
You seem angry (understandable you are a moron).

Wow with all the information I got from you guys, I really feel empowered.

Thanks

Old 02-06-07, 12:25 PM   #45
superklye

Quote:
You seem angry (understandable you are a moron).
link?
Old 02-06-07, 12:27 PM   #46
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Man...so much to correct here.

Advanced codecs ARE NOT output through your RCA jacks. Not ever, never. You'll get audio, obviously...but it's not TrueHD because it is only TWO channels.

The thing that gets me about this whole conversation, is who honestly gives a flying **** about getting TrueHD audio in only 2 channels?

What about TrueHD Mono? Can the 360 do TrueHD Mono audio through RCA too???
I know. It's pretty hard to understand, huh? Yet...we are the ones who know nothing.
Old 02-06-07, 12:28 PM   #47
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
link?
www.google.com
Old 02-06-07, 12:30 PM   #48
GamerGuyX

Quote:
He seems to imply you cannot get any form of lossles audio including multi-channel from an analog source, which is retarded.
Hey numbnuts, I'm answering your questions in regards to getting lossless audio through two standard RCA cables.

When did I or anybody say you could not get lossless audio through any type of analog connection?

I'm well aware that analog 5.1 can be used for lossless audio.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Closed Thread