Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-07, 01:45 PM   #61
Lyme

Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

After a little investigation, cause lets face it, anyone who has a decent sound system has a spdif on their stereo. The 360 will provide stereo sound (which is lossless) or a dolby digital II encoded stream through the rca jacks.
As to TrueHD, and the only things that produce TrueHD audio streams are BlueRay and HD-DVD discs. The 360 does not output in that format from the HD-DVD player at this time, it currently is all remixed into ?dolby digital?. There has been a dev posting that the next version of the player (spring update?) will support mixing into the next format up.

However, either way, if you want better than stereo sound, your going to need a unit that will decode audio streams, and virtually all of them these days have a optical spdif.

And no, I'm not going to provide any links.
Old 02-06-07, 01:46 PM   #62
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Well, that's because we're talking in TrueHD 2.0 and you can't decode that over stereo RCA jacks. Duh.
OK i'm going to answer this seriously, before the HD-A1 2.0 firmware came out all the HD-A1 would output was TrueHD 2.0 through the HDMI interface which leads me to believe it can be converted to 2.0 and passed through the analog outputs which can output lossless audio.
Old 02-06-07, 01:48 PM   #63
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
OK i'm going to answer this seriously, before the HD-A1 2.0 firmware came out all the HD-A1 would output was TrueHD 2.0 through the HDMI interface which leads me to believe it can be converted to 2.0 and passed through the analog outputs which can output lossless audio.
In this case, analog outputs = analog 5.1 outputs. Not standard stereo 2.0 RCA outs.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 02-06-07, 01:49 PM   #64
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
That is the greatest moment in Family Guy history.

It brings me great joy to have that in animated GIF. Thank you, sir.
Old 02-06-07, 01:52 PM   #65
superklye

Quote:
I still don't know the answer to my initial question and it hasn't been close to being answered, while you haven't offered any sort constructive input. But i'm the douche? Sure.
Yes. You came in here with a bad attitude, attacked everyone who posted and expected everyone to do your work for you. We've answered your question too many times to count and you still refute it and ask for links.

Use the internet. You found your way here so with a little prodding, you can find your own answers.

You're being an absolute prick in this thread and it's a wonder anyone is even trying to help you at all anymore. Likely it's because we want you to leave and never come back.
Old 02-06-07, 01:54 PM   #66
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I'm still rather confused.

still seems to apply
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 02-06-07, 01:56 PM   #67
superklye

My thoughs exactly, thor.
Old 02-06-07, 01:57 PM   #68
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Yes. You came in here with a bad attitude, attacked everyone who posted and expected everyone to do your work for you. We've answered your question too many times to count and you still refute it and ask for links.

Use the internet. You found your way here so with a little prodding, you can find your own answers.

You're being an absolute prick in this thread and it's a wonder anyone is even trying to help you at all anymore. Likely it's because we want you to leave and never come back.
Oh is that what the cowboy hat is all about, are you the sheriff of this town. How cute little Kyle. Asking somebody to substantiate there claim isn't attacking someone.

Old 02-06-07, 01:59 PM   #69
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Oh is that what the cowboy hat is all about, are you the sheriff of this town. How cute little Kyle. Asking somebody to substantiate there claim isn't attacking someone.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 02-06-07, 02:01 PM   #70
superklye

Quote:
No, calling them names and being an all around douche is though. And btw, using my name like it's an insult doesn't bother me.

And that's Norm MacDonald as Burt Reynolds on Celebrity Jeopardy from SNL.

The perfect storm of idiocy grows larger and more violent...

Old 02-06-07, 02:03 PM   #71
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
In this case, analog outputs = analog 5.1 outputs. Not standard stereo 2.0 RCA outs.
What you call "standard stereo 2.0 RCA outs" everybody else just calls "stereo analog output".
Old 02-06-07, 02:04 PM   #72
Droid6

How many times are you 2 going to recycle those jokes?
Closed Thread