Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-07, 01:16 PM   #85
Droid6
Registered User
 
Droid6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 127
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
The greatest service you could do for this community, and humanity in general, is to leave and never return.
Who are you? Oh yeah, nobody. Thanks for your input.
Droid6 is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:17 PM   #86
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

I'll ask again:

TrueHD is a quality of sound used to surround sound systems that have multiple speakers for different ranges of sound. The best way to get that quality of sound has already been mentioned with the optical outs, or HDMI (which needs to die).

I am a bit confused why you would want to bother with trying to get that out of 2 speakers, when the source is meant for at least 6 counting the sub. You would be taking all those channels and mashing them into two channels. Right there I see a problem with the quality of the sound.

Is there even a device that can take that high quality sound through RCA jacks? And why would you want to? RCA is not a high quality cable connection, so who knows what kind of distortion that would introduce, thus further reducing the quality of the sound.

It seems like you are expecting a VW bug to do the job of a dump truck.
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:17 PM   #87
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
Who are you? Oh yeah, nobody. Thanks for your input.
Irony at it's finest.
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:19 PM   #88
Droid6
Registered User
 
Droid6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 127
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Okay Droid6, lets start over.

Since your such an expert on all things related to anything why don't you explain to us how exactly you can get lossless sound through "stereo analog output".

Ignoring the fact that your the one that started the thread asking everybody else the same question.
The question wasn't if you can get lossless audio through a 2.0 analog output it's whether or not the 360 sends lossless audio through there 2.0 analog output.
Droid6 is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:19 PM   #89
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
Who are you? Oh yeah, nobody.
I'm what you would call a "quick learner" in that I can ask a question, get an answer, and understand it the first time. By the way, superklye and I are also moderators of this board, so you'll also probably be dealing with the administrators later. Have a nice day.
saturnotaku is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:20 PM   #90
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
The question wasn't if you can get lossless audio through a 2.0 analog output it's whether or not the 360 sends lossless audio through there 2.0 analog output.
What makes the 360 so special that it can send lossless audio through 2.0 analog outputs when nothing else can? Please explain oh teacher, my teacher.
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:23 PM   #91
Droid6
Registered User
 
Droid6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 127
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
I'll ask again:

TrueHD is a quality of sound used to surround sound systems that have multiple speakers for different ranges of sound. The best way to get that quality of sound has already been mentioned with the optical outs, or HDMI (which needs to die).

I am a bit confused why you would want to bother with trying to get that out of 2 speakers, when the source is meant for at least 6 counting the sub. You would be taking all those channels and mashing them into two channels. Right there I see a problem with the quality of the sound.

Is there even a device that can take that high quality sound through RCA jacks? And why would you want to? RCA is not a high quality cable connection, so who knows what kind of distortion that would introduce, thus further reducing the quality of the sound.

It seems like you are expecting a VW bug to do the job of a dump truck.
I'm wiring my new living rooms walls and am trying to stick to a 2.0 or 2.1 setup because of wall space issues.

They still sell 2.0 and 2.1 recievers and i'm sure there is one that could get the job done if not I could always set a 5.1 reciever to 2.1 if need be.
Droid6 is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:23 PM   #92
Droid6
Registered User
 
Droid6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 127
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
I'm what you would call a "quick learner" in that I can ask a question, get an answer, and understand it the first time. By the way, superklye and I are also moderators of this board, so you'll also probably be dealing with the administrators later. Have a nice day.
Uh oh.
Droid6 is offline  

Old 02-06-07, 01:27 PM   #93
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
Uh oh.
Your starting to annoy me so much that I'm starting to side with two people that I've been known to argue with on a constant basis.
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:27 PM   #94
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

but stereo receivers don't handle that high level of a codec through anything other than optical or HDMI. No as far as the receiver to the speakers, then yeah a RCA like cable would be fine, but thats just one Sinusoid running through the wires.

AS far as I know the 360 sends out Standard def sound out through the RCA jacks on the connection, never anything higher.
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:31 PM   #95
Droid6
Registered User
 
Droid6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 127
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Your starting to annoy me so much that I'm starting to side with two people that I've been known to argue with on a constant basis.
Then leave the thread, or am I not annoying that much yet?
Droid6 is offline  
Old 02-06-07, 01:32 PM   #96
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: 360 HD-DVD Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
Then leave the thread, or am I not annoying that much yet?
You also amuse me with your constant, incoherent babble.
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When will we see DVD based games? thcdru2k Gaming Central 34 05-31-12 08:58 PM
Newby question about nforce.... superconti NVIDIA Linux 2 09-07-02 11:46 PM
Dual boot question.. Tactics General Hardware 15 09-07-02 10:39 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.