Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-07, 04:01 PM   #1
glennalan

Default Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood

I'm having installation problems with this game. I checked Ubisofts website and it had a response of someone else who's cd key did not work. There is a key on a sticker in the box and a key on the manual both begin with EIB-
niether worked. I tried the one on the box first didn't work. I reinstalled and tried the one on the manual and it didn't work.
Ubi's site says that the 5th cd must be installed to play only 4 came with the box and after downloading 4 it says to enter cd 1 to play.
They also listed another no. that didnt work.
Anyone else have any problems and how did you get it to work? Any info is appreciated. Anyone get it to play?
glennalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 04:59 PM   #2
K-1

Default Re: Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood

4 discs is the right amount, and the sticker inside the box is the key for installing the game, the one on the manual is for internet multiplayer access. Is the game just saying that your CD-Key is wrong? Try entering it exactly as you see it maybe, caps and all. Also, the game does have Starforce, so that might also explain your problems...
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 05:25 PM   #3
glennalan

Yes ,I entered the key on the box exactly as is several times. It just says that it is not entered correctly retry. Did your game boot up for you with no problems?
Old 02-21-07, 06:10 PM   #4
K-1

Yeah I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled several times with no problems. Perhaps you should take it back to the shop and get another copy?
Old 02-21-07, 08:13 PM   #5
glennalan

I installed King Kong and Pandora tomorrow which I think have starforce so maybe Iv'e got the wrong cd-key for the game. I ordreed this game online so I don't really want to have to ship it back. Very disapointing. The game is in flawless condition except for this cd-key problem.
Old 02-21-07, 08:16 PM   #6
OWA

Have you tried alternate letters/numbers for what is listed. Sometimes it's hard to tell zeros from o's, an s from a 5, etc.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 08:17 PM   #7
Bokishi
NV THIS

A little ot but when's new brother in arms supposed to be out? go-gamer.com has it listed at march 1.
EVGA GTX 680
X-Fi Titanium HD
Intel 40GB SSD (SRT Cache)
Hitachi 1TB Boot HDD
7TB Storage HDDs
Coolermaster 750w
Bokishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 08:20 PM   #8
glennalan

I had a zero in the key and I tried the O to. I was really looking forward to playing this game.

Old 02-22-07, 03:10 AM   #9
glennalan

I checked out the web site and found a forum that finally solved the problem.
The problem was definately not with STARFORCE, but with the cd-key. There is two numbers one on the manual for online play and a sticker with a number on the box above the cd's. The problem is that the one on the box was another online cd-key. Both EIB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx numbers. The game key is five numbers xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. I found a universal key yesterday in a forum but the problem is it wouldn't work unless the dashes are omited xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Re-entered the universal cd-key without the dashes and it works.
Very happy! This game was actually sent to me in place of Vetnam PurpleHaze that I had ordered. They were sold out of that and e-mailed me to see if they could send a different shooter game and I replied to them that I would like BIAEIB. This game shipped in perfect condition. High quality packaging flawless cd's (no scratches). Ubisoft really dropped the ball on this
game with the cd-keys. Alot of complaints in the forums. Some people didn't recieve an online key and others like myself recieved two online cd-keys.
While others I guess I got it right the first time. Oh well, sometimes mistakes happen. Glad I got it to work now.
Old 02-22-07, 02:29 PM   #10
MaXThReAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokishi
A little ot but when's new brother in arms supposed to be out? go-gamer.com has it listed at march 1.
Yeah, howboot try 11/1/07 NOV, .
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 07:05 PM   #11
K-1

Congrats glennalan, now you have a spare multiplayer key to give away or something lol.
Old 02-23-07, 07:01 PM   #12
glennalan

Thank you, yes I'm very glad that this game wasn't a waste. I notice better AA and faster frame rates with Earned in Blood compared to Road to Hill 30.
Road to Hill 30 was the first game I bought that required a better video card. I bought a x800xl that was a decent midrange card at the time. This 7900GTO
is a much better card in most games except for maybe FarCry.