Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-18-07, 08:05 PM   #13
Seadogs

Default Re: Anyone tried FSX on Vista?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
For one thing, the max fps cap in the game determines how much CPU time it gives to preloading textures. If you have it set to the far right it spends all its time running the game, and not as much on preload. If you slide it down and cap it to 20fps or so, it will use the extra CPU cycles to preload textures.

Also open your FSX.cfg file and add the following line at the end of the [MAIN] section:

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

This line controls how aggressive the sim is in ensuring that scenery loads in quickly.

Also find the line that reads:

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

And change it to:

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400

This will make texture load in while flying go much faster.

Since you have a good vuideo card you can add this to the end of the cfg file, which creates a buffere and can eliminate some of the stutering:

[BufferPools]
PoolSize=5000000
Well I gave it a shot, and while I did see a little overall performance improvement(thanks for the tip). The blurry textures persist.

For clarification, it's not that they take a long time to load. They never load.
Everything worked fine in XP which is why I originally thought drivers.
Seadogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 11:58 AM   #14
Tym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadogs
I'm getting really blurry textures on my 8800GTX. I assumed it was driver related but I do not see anyone else mentioning it. Any thoughts?
Have you set FSX to use anisotropic filtering in the game's graphics settings menu? I had an issue where the game would override any filtering settings made thorough nHancer.
i5-2500K with Thermalright SI-128, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3, 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum, Samsung 275T Plus 27" + Samsung 943T 19", Auzentech X-Fi Prelude + Rotel RA-820AX + Kef Q1, Razer DeathAdder mouse, Antec P190 case, 60GB OCZ Vertex for OS/FSX + 2 x 640GB WD Black RAID1, Plextor PX-880SA DVD-RW; OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64; FSX gear: Saitek X52 Pro + Rudder Pedals + Yoke System
Tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 02:13 PM   #15
Rakeesh

I got my nearly free copy of FSX but I am still waiting for my nearly free copy of vista ultimate. Intel sure is dragging their feet on that.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 11:41 PM   #16
Seadogs

Well don't I feel stupid,

After wrapping my head around this for a few weeks. I noticed texture resolution was set to "super low". I've combed through the settings over and over again. I don't know if the settings position on the panel just didn't mesh with my thought process or what but, yea that was it.

Now if Saitek would put out a Vista driver for my X52pro that won't cause me to randomly BSOD I'll be all set.
Seadogs is offline   Reply With Quote