Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-06-07, 03:11 PM   #1
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Question Killzone 2 Demo Soon

Question is....How close to the CG render will it be?

Quote:
Rumors pointed at the game's intended resurgence at their pre-launch Gamers' Day event last year. Ultimately, if the rumors are to be believed, Sony shelved showing Killzone 2 in favor of spotlighting Insomniac's new shooter franchise (and it will be a franchise) Resistance. The same rumors have pointed to Killzone 2 being much further along than previously expected -- with the apex of the rumor arc concluding that the game has been playable online for almost a year.

Microsoft and Bungie's beta program for Halo 3 is all the rage this Spring. It's garnered countless news stories with its multiple points of entry and even landed a cover in EGM back in November (I expect the beta to be similar but with more weapons and polish to the maps covered in that series of stories).

Expect a playable Killzone 2 demo to be released (hmm, Phil Harrison is keynoting at GDC...) before gamers are participating in the beta for Halo 3.
Okay Sony, we know you've fallen....let's see how high you can bounce back up.

Note: This is a rumor but I wouldn't doubt we will see the game in some form very soon.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 03:40 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Killzone 2 Demo Soon

When is Sony's Event, I know its soon but anyone know the exact date?
Old 02-06-07, 03:49 PM   #3
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
When is Sony's Event, I know its soon but anyone know the exact date?
The one that they usually have in Feb? I remember Bad_Boy said something about a July event but not sure on the Feb one.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 03:59 PM   #4
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

GDC is the only thing I know of (early march), Phil Harrison has a keynote there and hes probably very close to Guerilla so he might talk about them. Theres a rumor of an april Gamers Day type event, but nothing official, just a rumor.

I remember something about them saying we would see killzone sometime in early 2007 about 6 months ago so this kinda goes along with that. Of course I didnt expect a demo, more like media/info.
Old 02-06-07, 07:11 PM   #5
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Sweet but Killzone has been so overrated because of that trailer from last year. I didn't find the game all that special.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 08:16 PM   #6
Riplayne

Thats speculation by a guy named Luke Smith from 1up.com. He's a moron, I wouldnt take anything literal he says, in fact, I would bet money that you won't see a Killzone 2 Demo anytime soon, or before the Halo 3 beta.
Riplayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 12:07 AM   #7
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riplayne
Thats speculation by a guy named Luke Smith from 1up.com. He's a moron, I wouldnt take anything literal he says, in fact, I would bet money that you won't see a Killzone 2 Demo anytime soon, or before the Halo 3 beta.
It's funny, Luke is known to be like the biggest Halo fanboy @ 1up (next to world of warcraft).
Old 02-07-07, 02:45 AM   #8
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
Sweet but Killzone has been so overrated because of that trailer from last year. I didn't find the game all that special.
Excuse me for not sticking to the title, but how many hours of gaming does resistance offer(single player campaign)?

Old 02-07-07, 03:07 AM   #9
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3
Excuse me for not sticking to the title, but how many hours of gaming does resistance offer(single player campaign)?
Around 10-12 hours singleplayer, then on the 2nd playthrough you can unlock new weapons. I can't even imagine how many hours I've put into MP since launch though.
Old 02-07-07, 10:12 AM   #10
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Interesting, another site reporting the same thing (that doesnt have 1up as their source)...

Quote:
Sony will unveil the flagship PS3 shooter next month, plus masses of other new games CVG has learned

The highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned.

Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo.

As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market.

SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=157062

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...595&q=killzone
Kinda interesting watching these old Killzone 1 demonstrations.
I wonder if that was the first time Killzone1 was ever shown.
Old 02-07-07, 10:39 AM   #11
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Hope it is true... I enjoyed Killzone and would love to play the next one.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 11:02 AM   #12
Lyme

The reason Sony has been pimping Killzone and the like, is simply due to high competition in the console space and the relatively few launch titles. While this generally causes interest in the console, it can backfire if used too long to cause disinterest in the title.. take for instance DNF.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote