Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-03, 01:17 AM   #1
teiresias

Default Nvidia giving NvNews heat over sentiment in forums

It's true. Nvidia isn't liking the posting (ie. looking at the FX with an objective viewpoint) going on here so they're seriously putting pressure on the site and the mods. Of course, they're not going to admit it.
teiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-03, 01:22 AM   #2
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

how do you know??
Old 02-23-03, 01:22 AM   #3
teiresias

grapevine, not to mention it's one of the only ways to explain MikeC's modding behavior in the infamous "FX Award" thread.
teiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-03, 01:33 AM   #4
nutball
International God of Sex

Quote:
Originally posted by teiresias
grapevine, not to mention it's one of the only ways to explain MikeC's modding behavior in the infamous "FX Award" thread.
No it's not the only way to explain recent modding decisions. Frankly a subset of people round here recently have been behaving like children.

Note that other forums have also recently been flooded with a certain amount of vitriole, and mods there have had to do deal out warnings.
Old 02-23-03, 02:12 AM   #5
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs down

teiresias, way to set a first impression. You looking to get banned? that thread was modded due to the fact that many forums member(myself included) launched personal attacks against Peter G. and made comments which were totally unacceptable. MikeC had every right to take out those comments, if you don't like it, go elsewhere. We don't need any trouble from your types around here
Old 02-23-03, 02:24 AM   #6
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

plain and simple. we tell the truth over here. the fx sucks. nvidia lied about this card.. why should we worship them??!! they tried to brainwash us with " The Next big thing in computing" and :free AA" it was all bs
Old 02-23-03, 02:26 AM   #7
StealthHawk

moved to feedback.

i have an inclination to close this thread, but then i know that will start more conspiracy theories. Volt is the local super mod here and he has been the most vocal about the failure of the NV30. anyway, this thread will be his problem now.

mwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 02-23-03, 02:48 AM   #8
silence

that thread was closed cause ppl started to get to personal with PG,me included.my only problem with that incident was that at first we were called as responsible ones,while in fact that thread would prolly become inactive without PG posting in way he did.

and this is nvidia fan site after all.......i would prolly hang out on ATi fan site if i had at least one of my comps with thier cards,but i don't>>all NV in my comps,and my next mobo is also NV based,so i really don't see me leaving-unless they ban me,which won't heppen (I HOPE THEY WON'T BAN MAN )
silence is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-03, 09:00 AM   #9
digitalwanderer

Cool Geeze!

Enough with the MikeC bashing already, please? He ain't an ogre, he isn't even a bad guy from my understanding...I've checked around with people I trust from a lot of different boards and have had quite a few people step up and tell me that MikeC is not only alright, he's a hell of a stand-up guy. I'm not gonna name names since that ain't really my style, but I trust the people I asked about this and respect their opinion enough to give the guy the benefit of the doubt....besides which except for one action I disagree with he's always been exceptionally cool.

As for that "one action" of closing that thread, I also sort of think it was closed due more to sentiment that slander...but the thread had MORE than enough reasons to be closed just under the personal attack rule so I think it's a bit moot and silly to fight over it.

nVnews has been remarkably un-biased in their nVidia coverage lately, and I can't imagine that settling at ALL well with nVidia.

I know nVidia, picture rat-weasels in suits and add lawyers and you pretty much got nVidia's PR department down cold right now. They ain't fun people to do business with, and they really ain't very pleasant right now.

I can't get into any details, but I've heard some stories of some sites behind the scenes dealings with nVidia lately and it's f-cking ugly. They're trying anything and everything to influence public opinion right now, and since they are no longer a credible source of information they are trying to, uhm....aquire another mouthpiece for themselves.

Thus the Peter Glawskowskies of the world are born and shredded.

Expect some more hired PR guns from nVidia in the near future, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some sites sell-out in the near future and mysteriously start to support nVidia. They are well and truly desperate and in short supply of friends, but they do have deep pockets.... :hmm:

MikeC didn't sell out, I don't think MikeC would sell out. From what I hear, it ain't in his nature and that's a big plus in my book.

If this place was trying to push the nVidia agenda, you wouldn't see as many anti-FX threads as you do. Yes, nVnews does still have an nVidia bias..but it is an nVidia fan site after all!

You can talk all you want about how/why you don't like the FX, from bad jokes to technical issues and nVnews does not censor or close it. That thread was closed for behavoiral issues, not political ones.

Please lay of MikeC guys, he's doing a damned fine job in a damned hard spot!

EDITED BITS: Left out some words, went back and put 'em in.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-03, 10:22 AM   #10
The Baron

Quote:
Please lay of MikeC guys, he's doing a damned fine job in a damned hard spot!
Amen.
Old 02-23-03, 10:30 AM   #11
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: Nvidia giving NvNews heat over sentiment in forums

Quote:
Originally posted by teiresias
It's true. Nvidia isn't liking the posting (ie. looking at the FX with an objective viewpoint) going on here so they're seriously putting pressure on the site and the mods. Of course, they're not going to admit it.
excuse me for a moment

roflmfao, where the hell did you hear this nonsense from?

Also teiresias guys like you brighten my day, you come in make these comments then run off without offering any evidence to back them up

Last edited by vampireuk; 02-23-03 at 10:33 AM.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-03, 10:52 AM   #12
digitalwanderer

Oh, he has proof alright!

He showed me some satellite images of Mr. Flibble taking a large envelope of cash from a guy in an expensive suit with a big "nVidia" logo right on the back of it!

Hey, it's not like you could fake evidence like that or that Mr.Flibble is hard to recognize!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote