Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-10-07, 10:49 PM   #1
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default PS3 March Update

Quote:
On the same day as playstation 3’s euro launch SCE are to distribute there march firmware update with features including:

*multi-tasking (included will be audio/video conferencing while browsing the *xmb and its features/ gameplay).
*new xmb display options
*new animations for audio playback.
*new photo album options.
*playstation store auto resume
*psp remote play advanced access option (so that you can have access to your ps3’s content anywhere that has a internet connection)

Firmware will be constantly updated, with the view of a tv tuner and tivo like service to be available in the 3rd quater of 2007.

Also it is hoped that the same week as the euopean launch of the system will also see the worldwide launch of the ps3’s HDip Camera (specifications to be announced at a later date). In terms of other accessories, Sony dont see it as a necesity to manufacture playstation branded headsets, keyboards or mice, as put to me by Jonathun of SCE’s threespeech.com ‘Third party companies can offer these accessories to the consumer at a price which SCE could not compete’.

A extension to the Sony online store will also make its debut in march. Titled ‘Sing Store’, PS3 owners will be able to purchase songs for there ‘Sing Star’ kareoke programme from a slew of artists and will also be given the option to view the songs purchased as music videos via the video playback option within the xmb.
http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=219

Can't wait to try out all the new features when the update hits. Keep them comin' Sony!

Also the Tivo service will be interesting...looking forward to info on how that is going to work, as well as the camera.

EDIT: Now that I look this might be old news....oh well.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 04:06 AM   #2
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: PS3 March Update

I'm interested in the new Eyetoy (rumored to be called EYE3 from some trademark logs). I have a feeling it wont be out until a couple months after the euro launch though. Eye of Judgement is no where on the launch window list IIRC.

PSP worldwide remote play and resume/background downloading are also nice though.
Old 02-11-07, 09:58 AM   #3
hoop
$The KingPin$

nice and motostorm comes out that month too woohoo!
e-GeForce 8800GTX
XFX nForce 780i
Corsair 2GB DDR2-800 Xtreme
COOLER MASTER Real Power 850 Pro
Swiftech H20-120 Compact Liquid Cooling
Creative X-Fi Platinum
PSN: khoop
hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 11:00 AM   #4
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop
nice and motostorm & God of War 2 comes out that month too woohoo!
Fixed.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 07:17 PM   #5
OWA

Yeah, I've been reading some of the "rumors" on the march update. Sounds pretty good so I hope they end up being true.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 10:15 PM   #6
Bman212121

Real Multitasking FTW!! That is the biggest thing to me. It is nice that you can play music and surf the web, but I would really like to be able to download content and do other stuff at the same time.

Hopefully they'll push a browser update too, and make the browser better.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 05:07 AM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
Hopefully they'll push a browser update too, and make the browser better.
Yeah, I would like to browse sites without the browser asking me on every since Web page if I want to run the embedded scripts.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 11:58 AM   #8
OWA

I was browsing at the PS3 forums and one guy posted that he thought the March update would include the ability to take screenshots. I would love that feature but I'm not sure how they could even implement that. Most games use all the buttons on the gamepad so what would you press to take a screenshot? Anyway, just curious if anyone knows anything about this and if it would even be possible to implement such a feature.

Old 02-26-07, 12:17 PM   #9
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Yeah, I would like to browse sites without the browser asking me on every since Web page if I want to run the embedded scripts.
Can't you just install Linux on it and use it to browse the web, watch movies etc.? That would at least be a better option until all of the functions in the ps3 functions properly!
Old 02-26-07, 12:20 PM   #10
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I was browsing at the PS3 forums and one guy posted that he thought the March update would include the ability to take screenshots. I would love that feature but I'm not sure how they could even implement that. Most games use all the buttons on the gamepad so what would you press to take a screenshot? Anyway, just curious if anyone knows anything about this and if it would even be possible to implement such a feature.
Doesn't pressing the ps-button result in a pop-up menu of some sorts? If not then they should just copy some of ms stuff and just put a little button there called "take screenshot"!
Old 02-26-07, 12:27 PM   #11
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Weird... I have been thinking a screenshot taker would be awesome... glad I am not the only one ... I am sure they could work something out... right now simply pressing the PS button does nothing really (well, while in a game), so it could be set to that... or something else... not sure but it would be awesome, and it would make me getting a new wallpaper a billion times easier (especially when they allow us to change the PS3 background ).
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:08 PM   #12
OWA

Yeah, I forgot about the PS button. I guess they could have a quick press of the button take the screenshot and holding it down bring up the menu. Toss3, I don't know if adding the screenshot to the menu that comes up would work or not. You have to hold it down a few seconds before the menu will come up and that might make it hard to get the screenshot you want. But, it seems like they could just make a quick press of the button be for screenshots and if you hold it down, the normal menu comes up. Anyway, it does appear there is a button that could be used so I hope it gets added at some point. I like taking screenshots almost as much as playing the actual game. So, a lot of games that I might purchase for a console I end up getting for the PC instead just for that reason. Having that capability on a console would blur the lines a little more for me I guess.