Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-13-07, 06:53 AM   #13
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: Too late to jump into WoW?

I stopped playing wow back in August and just started playing again with a fresh new account(sold my old one). The communities are still thriving and low zones are still heavily populated with either new people or people starting alts(at least on my server).

IMO, the game is just really fun. It just seems to have the right amount of balance in every catagory to make it stay interesting. I can see how ever die hard mmo'ers finding it a bit on the shallow/easy side though. It is pretty easy to lvl and the trades are just as easy to lvl.
Old 02-13-07, 09:04 AM   #14
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I just started to play again after having not played for about a year. I really never got deep into WoW but I hope to get a pretty beefy character going this time around.

I never even got into the whole trading thing, never dealt with many beginners stuff and did a good number of quests on my own. I also never joined a guild or clan or whatever . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 09:18 AM   #15
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

There's never been a better time to start playing WoW with the new races and the fact that the endgame has been drastically changed to allow anyone to advance and gear up regardless of your play preference (PVP, small group instances, raiding). It takes a significant time investment to level to 70, but not an eternity, as that is when you really start playing your character. I'd advise strongly against listening to people who criticize the game's relatively short leveling process as they are "missing the point" more or less.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 09:32 AM   #16
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

what do you guys think of that D&D MMO?
Old 02-13-07, 09:53 AM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
what do you guys think of that D&D MMO?
It was ok for the time that I played it but it got old pretty quick because allthe dungeons felt the same... espeically with way too many undead going. Also the lack of rounded classes hurt it because multiclassing was just so over powered.

It also really never felt like a MMO since it used a system much like Guild Wars.
Old 02-13-07, 12:31 PM   #18
Son Goku

It's not difficult to start now. Many of the older guildes (and I don't mean one's that got torn apart like my old one on Aman'Thul) are reforming or splintering off, focusing more on the new type of end game in Outland which doesn't call for 40 man raides.

As older realms fill up (Aman'Thul has gone much the way of older realms now, being full with character creation disabled 100% of the time, after a short time where character transfers were open and several guildes moved over), with people starting characters still...

I hadn't gotten the game before last August, and in that time I had leveled up 2 chars on Aman'Thul; and while my friend is away again, I've been sorta working on a third, and having to wait for some help with some class quests, had turned attention to a 4th on another realm that houses all my horde chars. As of last week, he found a guild, and has hit lvl 29. No, it's not too late.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 12:37 PM   #19
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
It was ok for the time that I played it but it got old pretty quick because allthe dungeons felt the same... espeically with way too many undead going. Also the lack of rounded classes hurt it because multiclassing was just so over powered.

It also really never felt like a MMO since it used a system much like Guild Wars.
but for someone that likes GW?
Old 02-13-07, 12:39 PM   #20
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
get vangaurds
Vanguard is CRAP! Don't get it.

Seriously it isn't too late to get into WoW. In fact it is a perfect time. People are leveling up the new classes so you will move right in to the upper levels easily.

If you want a MMO that treats you like a grinding pig then get Vanguard or EQ2. Their business model of keeping people hooked on the game is by making leveling so hard you kill kittens with wine bottles. Wow is much better. They allow you to level up faster and get good gear along the way. You can run raids for tier sets or grind faction for epic sets. The faction grinding time has been dramatically shortend. All in all WoW did ever thing right and EQ, EQ2 and Vanguard are teh dumb.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-07, 12:41 PM   #21
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:

EQ is no longer the model for which MMOs are built, WoW is. WoW is a MMO through and through.
Old 02-13-07, 12:58 PM   #22
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
EQ is no longer the model for which MMOs are built, WoW is. WoW is a MMO through and through.

I wasn't even talking about WoW in the quoted paragraph... hell I didn't even mention EQ.

nekrosoft13, It's still not that good even when compared to GW. It's not the gameplay but how teh game was designed. The game is very unbalanced and while fun in the beginning just becauses tedious after awhile. Combat is just full twitch based which is nice but theres no strategy invovled.
Old 02-13-07, 01:11 PM   #23
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:

I wasn't even talking about WoW in the quoted paragraph... hell I didn't even mention EQ.

nekrosoft13, It's still not that good even when compared to GW. It's not the gameplay but how teh game was designed. The game is very unbalanced and while fun in the beginning just becauses tedious after awhile. Combat is just full twitch based which is nice but theres no strategy invovled.
I am completely trying to get a rise out of you.

For people like me who hate turn based systems WoW is ideal. The free form action is great. I dispise the EQ series and all like them. This is why Vangaurd did not appeal to me.
Old 02-13-07, 01:13 PM   #24
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I am completely trying to get a rise out of you.

For people like me who hate turn based systems WoW is ideal. The free form action is great. I dispise the EQ series and all like them. This is why Vangaurd did not appeal to me.
See I prefer turn based combat over free form or realtime because I think it requires more strats and developers can add alittle more depth.