Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-15-07, 02:48 PM   #13
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Default Re: Question abt consoles

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that this is complaining about his PC games and that they're all about uber graphics and not enough about gameplay, yet he says the Wii is for the kids and wife? This is a conflicting opinion. Even I (I hate the gamecube and I don't like nintendo in general) think the Wii is awesome.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 03:01 PM   #14
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
Doesn't anyone else find it strange that this is complaining about his PC games and that they're all about uber graphics and not enough about gameplay, yet he says the Wii is for the kids and wife? This is a conflicting opinion. Even I (I hate the gamecube and I don't like nintendo in general) think the Wii is awesome.
Does anyone else find it strange that when anyone says that they want more gameplay, people automatically think people will love the gameplay the Wii offers?

I'll admit it- I'm getting a bit tired of PC games too- it feels like there's nothing new and fresh except better graphics- which just cost me more on my graphics card. When I was scanning through list of games to purchase for my new X360, I practically found nothing besides stuff I thought "well, I've played stuff like it before, so I don't need to buy it"

BUT- that doesn't mean the Wii is for me. It just means I'm looking for games in my genre to bring something new to the table. Gears of War will never be the same on the Wii as it is on the X360. It's just not ganna happen. And if Gears of War is the genre I like, then the Wii is never ganna do it for me. It might bring me interesting gameplay in Zelda or bowling, but neither of those will be enjoyable to me

I know it's dumb to hold out hope that FPS and shoot-em-up games will somehow be revolutionized anytime soon, but it's what I think our buddy Jake here wants. And it's not just gameplay, he's also commenting that the graphics card updates required for PC gaming is making the experience less enjoyable too. Moral of the story? Wii has revolutionary gameplay, but it's HIGHLY POSSIBLE that it's not the type of gameplay that people want

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 03:26 PM   #15
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
Does anyone else find it strange that when anyone says that they want more gameplay, people automatically think people will love the gameplay the Wii offers?

I'll admit it- I'm getting a bit tired of PC games too- it feels like there's nothing new and fresh except better graphics- which just cost me more on my graphics card. When I was scanning through list of games to purchase for my new X360, I practically found nothing besides stuff I thought "well, I've played stuff like it before, so I don't need to buy it"

BUT- that doesn't mean the Wii is for me. It just means I'm looking for games in my genre to bring something new to the table. Gears of War will never be the same on the Wii as it is on the X360. It's just not ganna happen. And if Gears of War is the genre I like, then the Wii is never ganna do it for me. It might bring me interesting gameplay in Zelda or bowling, but neither of those will be enjoyable to me

I know it's dumb to hold out hope that FPS and shoot-em-up games will somehow be revolutionized anytime soon, but it's what I think our buddy Jake here wants. And it's not just gameplay, he's also commenting that the graphics card updates required for PC gaming is making the experience less enjoyable too. Moral of the story? Wii has revolutionary gameplay, but it's HIGHLY POSSIBLE that it's not the type of gameplay that people want

K
Hey this may be the first time I've completely agreed with one of your posts.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 03:35 PM   #16
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
Sony will have better Asian style game support with all the odd RPG's and what not, however some of the bigger guns like Square will not stay Sony exclusive, so who knows. Sony also has the metal Gear Solid games.
Square Enix said they don't want one system to have a major advantage over then next. You will most likey not see FF13 and 13versus on any other system.

You mean to tell me God of War, Killzone, Eight Days, MGS, DMC, Resistance(which is now a franchise), Motorstorm, F1, Socom, Drake(New Naughty Dog IP), Lair etc....won't appeal to the US/UK markets? Get outta here...Sony has an awesome list of franchises that contains titles for all territories and so does MS this gen with Blue Dragon, Enchantment Arms, Lost Oddessy etc.

You can't go wrong with any console you pick up, unless you want HD movies/graphics and you get a Wii.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 03:40 PM   #17
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

not saying that Sony won't have them, but the American style action games is the Xbox's bread and butter.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 03:49 PM   #18
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Enchantment Arms
Thats coming to PS3 with improvements... As far as 1st party goes, i think Sony has the strongest right now. Sure Nintendo has those classics but they haven't evolved in a long time so I don't think they are as good as some of the more stronger Sony titles such as God of War or Jak and Daxter.
Old 02-15-07, 03:54 PM   #19
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
And the 360 has a better controller.
That's legit. Sony controllers have sucked with every console they've released.
Camp0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 03:59 PM   #20
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp0rz
That really depends on who you talk to. A lot of people praise the controller which is why the design hasn't really changed much since PS1. Others just don't like it at all. Personally I think the 360 controller is more comfortable but I don't have problems with the PS controller either.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-07, 04:01 PM   #21
jakelong

I was going to post a respondse to Mustang's mpost but somebody's already done that

Wii is great and all fun, but I just dont care for the games it has to offer; some bobbleheads playing tennis, baseball, monkeys and bananas, rayman going rabid??, monster flying trucks, guy who looks like girl running around in cartoon land...COD3 is the only game that I really wanted to play. I had high hopes for red steel but its just no good.
Old 02-15-07, 04:13 PM   #22
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
Well, not really 100% contradicting. I thuink he was talking about the games.
What would be more mature for your oppinion? Mario with wii constrols, or (just an example) graw with wii controls? I hope you see what Im trying to get at.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 04:20 PM   #23
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp0rz
The PS3 is my first Sony console but I felt more at home with their controllers than I did with the X360 one. It's probably b/c the sony one is a lot like my favorite gamepad for the PC (one of the Thrustmasters). Basically, I just like having both of the analog sticks at the bottom of the controller. So, I think a lot of it comes down to what you're use to.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 06:03 PM   #24
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Eh, I guess. Xbox s controllers and the 360 just feel more sturdy to me.

But past that.. it is probably the 5 years of playing halo that has brainwashed me into thinking the xbox design is perfect.
Camp0rz is offline   Reply With Quote