Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-19-07, 07:15 AM   #49
glObalist
working as intended

Default Re: Vanguard... Whats up?

learn2pull? j/k
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 07:29 AM   #50
Xion X2

I'm not a necro; I'm a sorcerer. And I never just run up on people; I always make sure to strategically place myself as to avoid as much as possible and cast one-enemy spells from a distance.

That's the thing. I spend minutes doing that )#@_! for no reason, because enemies always take off after me from all directions. The "gang-up" option is set a little too $(#* #!*@& sensitive right now and usually turns into a gang r*pe. It's just insane that they send 3 or 4 enemies after you no matter how careful you are. It makes just about every one of these quests impossible unless you're teaming with 3-4 people, which can't always be the case.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 07:46 AM   #51
|MaguS|

I haven' noticed any issue with pulling mobs in the game. They react very similar to how they did in everquest. You have to make sure they aren't realativly near eachother if so you will get somwthing called chain agro.

! can also solo pretty decent but its boring and the xp comes slow since i cant take things equal to me anymoore once you get lvl 10+.

man i hate meetings, currently on my blackjack waiting for it to start.
Old 02-19-07, 07:50 AM   #52
Xion X2

I'm honestly trying that the best I can, but sometimes they will still target me even if they're not grouped together. That's what I don't get. Sometimes they're a good distance apart and will still come after me.

Heck, I targed one of the lizardmen while ago that was standing at the front of a hut, and a guy that was standing all the way behind the hut and one of his pals that was nowhere close just up and took off after me. I don't know if they think I'm extra sexy or what, but it's really getting irritating. Maybe it's the white hair. Maybe I just don't blend into the environment or something. Can you buy highlights somewhere?

And sometimes it just can't be avoided. You have to target one in a group if you're by yourself.

Like on a recent quest I'm searching for these runes in Jharru Flats(sp?) Well, there are about 3-4 lizardmen just standing around one of them and they never move. This is about the way every quest I've done lately has been. It's like they expect you're strong enough to take on 2-3 at one time or you're playing in a group w/ 2-3 people.

I know they have to make quests like that to keep the difficulty decent, because many group most of the time they play. Unfortunately I'm a newbie and don't have that many friends on it yet. But I just wish they'd balance it a little bit more and add in more quests that can be completed by a single person. I mean, I need to have some damn way to level my character up, and I've completed every quest I can up to this point. I'm not going to waste a day doing nothing but battles in order to increase my experience gauge by a nanometer each time. Besides that, my guy has a hard time defeating anybody who's even one level above him, much less two or three like most of these quests have been filled with lately.

The game just has a lot of bugs right now. I've had points on my compass change in direction. I've had my horse fall through the world when I tried to mount it (no fat-a** jokes here, please). I've fallen through the world myself numerous times (same rules apply here.) I've had quests where the item wasn't where it was supposed to be, like the guy's skeleton that was in the Caverns w/ the journal. The journal wasn't there. I've had quests I've completed and come back to the source only to find out that it never checked off.

I'm not enjoying the beta testing right now.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 02-19-07, 08:11 AM   #53
Xion X2

And yet, here I go off to play it again. I must be sick in the head.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 02-19-07, 08:32 AM   #54
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
And yet, here I go off to play it again. I must be sick in the head.
thats why its called an mmorpg
I hated EQ2 when I bought it but I keept playing it
stopped when WoW came out but I managed to break free from it too...

Now I am waiting for a new one while playing small free beta mmorpgs

its SICK
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 09:21 AM   #55
Xion X2

Yeah, it's addicting alright. I'm just a little irked at the gameplay at the moment. Just a minute ago there were 4 wasps surrounding me at four corners and I was invisible. I moved all the way to one corner to attack one of the wasps, and as soon as I turned visible they all closed in on me like a bunch of *#&@^$#( buzzsaws.

I'm getting the feeling I could "learn2pull" a 1920's steel tractor and it still wouldn't help this bug.

And I hope I'm wrong, but it also looks like they've dumbed the graphics down from what they were yesterday. I see more jaggies and the textures look lower res. Also, the grass looks thinner.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 02-19-07, 10:27 AM   #56
|MaguS|

Check your graphics settings, i had a bug yesterday where the draw distance said it was maxed but i was surrounded by fog. set it to close and then max again fixed it.

As for mobs and quest difficulty, thats how the game is. Its goal is to force grouping, you can solo but most of the rewarding quests need a group, just like how it was with EQ. As for your agro issue, its probably the agro range on spells. This is why melee with ranged weapons are better pullers, spells generate alot more agro then arrows or daggers. Its usually best to pull with a low dmg or dot spell if your a caster. Another thing is slow spells or basically and any nondmg spell, like debuffs.

Old 02-19-07, 11:10 AM   #57
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

magus i understand what u are saying about the mob stuff. i was in a group(made the game so much more fun) and if you are a sorcerer a group will usually tell u not to cast spells because of agro or w/e. need someone like a rouge or something similar that can sneak up behind then cast all your stuff. im having a blast lol. try to get in a group, lot more fun like i said and its easy exp

im level 8, almost 9 btw

EDIT: i feel the graphics have improved but idk lol
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 03:00 PM   #58
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Yeah, it's addicting alright. I'm just a little irked at the gameplay at the moment. Just a minute ago there were 4 wasps surrounding me at four corners and I was invisible. I moved all the way to one corner to attack one of the wasps, and as soon as I turned visible they all closed in on me like a bunch of *#&@^$#( buzzsaws.

I'm getting the feeling I could "learn2pull" a 1920's steel tractor and it still wouldn't help this bug.

And I hope I'm wrong, but it also looks like they've dumbed the graphics down from what they were yesterday. I see more jaggies and the textures look lower res. Also, the grass looks thinner.
Xion, Are you sure your not casting AOEs? If your arn't then are you fighting in dungeons? Those really arn't great places to solo. I am a 16 Sorc and STILL have no problem soloing. It is vary rare I get any adds. My soloing goes Taqmirs Bolts > Frostbite > Char....Rinse & Repeat...Works great even at level 16.

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 03:35 PM   #59
Xion X2

Nah, I'm not in dungeons. This quest I'm on right now is in the Jharru Flats next to the east docks across the river. It's just a regular old quest out in the open.

My spell pattern normally goes like this:

Frostbite II to slow them down so they can't run at me, Char, Taqmir Bolts II, etc.

I never use spells that have a wide effect like energy blast unless more than one comes after me (and by that time, I'm usually dead anyway); I try to use all spells that have a focused attack on one individual. But it never fails because they come after me every single time.

I'll take a picture next time when I get to a place like this to show you guys. I'll also try casting the bolts first and see if that helps. Thanks for your replies.

I really do like this game; it's just that this issue is driving me crazy. I'm spending half of my time retracing my steps and recovering tombstones.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 02-19-07, 03:47 PM   #60
|MaguS|

Sounds like the spell is too powerfull and is attracting alot of agro. Do you have any passive none dmg spells? Something that possibly roots or lowers aggression. How about DoT spells?