Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-07, 05:10 PM   #37
|MaguS|

Default Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Feedback Thread

Man the initial install takes forever!

Oh and I got to see first hand what the PS3 looks like on SDTV... My HDTV went poof, it wont play any HD content, lucky I ordered the X2VGA last week since I knew I wouldn't be buying a new HDTV untill I moved.
Old 02-21-07, 05:16 PM   #38
OWA

Hmm, I think I disagree with Gamespots comment on this game not being beginner friendly. I've never played the series but playing the arcade mode, I just won 3 or 4 fights in row. This game seems a lot more beginner friendly than the other fighting game I have, DOA4. In VF5, I at least have a chance in the early fights and can work my way up, learning how to play it. The varied styles of fighting make it pretty interesting also and I seem to do better fighting some styles than others so far.

Anyway, I'm gushing over it so far since this is the type of game I was really looking for when I decided to jump on the next-gen console bandwagon. So, I highly recommend it if you like fighting games.

Oh, the women fighters are now kicking my butt. Guess I shouldn't have implied that was why my first first was easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Man the initial install takes forever!
I think one of the articles I read on it said it copies like 2 gig of data to the hard disk during that initial install.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 05:26 PM   #39
|MaguS|

I have fallen for Eileen, Shes not my favorite character in the series. I was a big Akira and Kage fan but man she rocks. All her moves are so fluid that they just meld together. Shes also dam quick...

The graphics are amazing, best looking fighter anywhere.

Jesus, Im at the final stage and have to fight Akira... he's wooping my ass...
Old 02-21-07, 05:55 PM   #40
OWA

Is Eileen who you're fighting as? I'm using Lei Fei so far. Do you play with one character and go through the whole game or do you play them all or does it matter? I don't want to get too locked in to Lei Fei if I'm going to need to use all the characters.
Old 02-21-07, 05:58 PM   #41
|MaguS|

I stick with one untill I think im good enough with them and then move to another so I would complete the game with Eileen acouple of times before trying another fighter. Only time I mix around with characters is in VS mode because my friends get pissed if I only play a single character.

Oh don't turn on Commentery in the options... its horrid...
Old 02-21-07, 06:14 PM   #42
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Hmm, I think I disagree with Gamespots comment on this game not being beginner friendly. I've never played the series but playing the arcade mode, I just won 3 or 4 fights in row. This game seems a lot more beginner friendly than the other fighting game I have, DOA4. In VF5, I at least have a chance in the early fights and can work my way up, learning how to play it. The varied styles of fighting make it pretty interesting also and I seem to do better fighting some styles than others so far.

Anyway, I'm gushing over it so far since this is the type of game I was really looking for when I decided to jump on the next-gen console bandwagon. So, I highly recommend it if you like fighting games.

Oh, the women fighters are now kicking my butt. Guess I shouldn't have implied that was why my first first was easy.

I think one of the articles I read on it said it copies like 2 gig of data to the hard disk during that initial install.
The Gamespot review wasn't all that great. They guy that reviewed it is a Tekken fan at heart. If you watch the 1UP show they had some guys from Virtuafighter.com who said the game is indeed more accessible to new comers, while at the same time caters to the hardcore VF fans.

Installing now, just got threw with the God of War 2 demo.....sigh, I'm in love. They improved on so many little things, from animations and particle effects, amazing.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 06:47 PM   #43
|MaguS|

4% done with the quest mode!
Old 02-21-07, 07:46 PM   #44
OWA

How do you get out of that mode? I went to one of the arcades and have now won around 11 or so fights in a row. It popped up a box saying a beginner's tourney has started and wants to know if I want to go there. Doing so resets my steak. I don't want to lose all I've done but I also need a break. My hands are cramping. Do I lose my progress by returning to the arcade screen?

Old 02-21-07, 07:58 PM   #45
|MaguS|

No, you just lose the single streak that you are on but your score and ranks remain. Basically it would be like walking away from a game machine, you would lose the game streak that you were on but your personal record isn not affected.
Old 02-21-07, 08:00 PM   #46
OWA

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-21-07, 08:20 PM   #47
|MaguS|

I think after playing the game for awhile now the biggest negative change from the fourth one is that the snow level this time doesnt allow you to see the floor after alot of movement. In the fourth one you can clear enough snow to see the actual floor... small gripe but noticable difference to me.
Old 02-21-07, 08:32 PM   #48
OWA

I haven't seen the others versions but I was impressed that they actually had any of the snow being cleared away. When I saw that level, I figured we might be lucky to see footprints in the snow so I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot more happen than that. But yeah, being able to see the floor after enough snow was cleared would have been a nice touch.

I like some of the subtle differences in the arenas like fighting in water, fighting in snow, some of the stuff breaking, etc. Those type things were more than I expected.